Windows 10: Why is their no change a password in control alt delete in windows 11 and 10?

Discus and support Why is their no change a password in control alt delete in windows 11 and 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If i wanted to change my password on windows 11 and 10, I would press control, alt delete.Somehow: It is missing and i cant find it, It is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Judah McClinton, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Why is their no change a password in control alt delete in windows 11 and 10?

If i wanted to change my password on windows 11 and 10, I would press control, alt delete.Somehow: It is missing and i cant find it, It is a alternative way if change a password in settings is not working.Like on windows xp, vista, 7, 8 and 10/11 They all had control alt delete, When cortana was removed, CHANGE A PASSWORD WAS REMOVE SO WHY IS THEIR NO CHANGE A PASSWORD IN CONTROL ALT DELETE? Please fix this security issue its happening to other users to.

:)

Judah McClinton, Feb 28, 2024

2. control Alt Delete change password option not functioning correctly

One of my users is having an issue with the control alt delete option to change their password we are on a domain network.

when they go to change their password it is only giving the option to enter the existing password it is not giving them the option to enter the new password. I am trying to avoid re-imagining their machine are there any suggestions to get the complete functionality
    back for the change password option with out having to reload their machine.

Jimmy Costello, Feb 28, 2024
  3. tropers Win User
    Control-Alt-Delete Behavior Changed- PossibleTo Change Back?

Sometime within the last two weeks, I've seen a behavior change when unlocking my Windows 7 laptop. Previously, when it was locked and I hit control-alt-delete, I was shown my username and a password field to enter my password into. Once done, the computer
    was unlocked.

Now, when the laptop is locked and I hit control-alt-delete, I have to select my user first, then provide my password. My user is the only option shown. My local IT support can't explain the change.

This added step slows down logging in, and is an annoyance. So I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere that was set that can be unset to revert back to the previous behavior.

Thanks!

tropers, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Why is their no change a password in control alt delete in windows 11 and 10?

Password change for Windows10

My question is similar to Short Sha. When I wake the computer up it requests a password. It is this password that I need to change. The only password change feature I can find in the control panel relates to my Microsoft account and changing this does not
    affect the lock screen password. I have tried ctrl+alt+delete and this does not bring up an option to change a password. Please help. Thanks

PaulRossiter, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Why is their no change a password in control alt delete in windows 11 and 10?

1. Why is their no change a password in control alt delete in windows 11 and 10? - Similar Threads - Why change password

2. Why is their no change a password in control alt delete in windows 11 and 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is their no change a password in control alt delete in windows 11 and 10?: If i wanted to change my password on windows 11 and 10, I would press control, alt delete.Somehow: It is missing and i cant find it, It is a alternative way if change a password in settings is not working.Like on windows xp, vista, 7, 8 and 10/11 They all had control alt...
  3. Control Alt. Delete, safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Alt. Delete, safe?: Now that I'm almost certain that my computer is at risk for being hacked because of that blue screen pop up message, is it ok to prompt control, alt, delete, then sign out, shut down, or I'm I compromising a possible crash on my PC Windows 10 computer?...
  4. Control Alt. Delete, safe?

Control Alt. Delete, safe?: Now that I'm almost certain that my computer is at risk for being hacked because of that blue screen pop up message, is it ok to prompt control, alt, delete, then sign out, shut down, or I'm I compromising a possible crash on my PC Windows 10 computer?...
  5. Control Alt. Delete, safe?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Control Alt Delete on Windows 11 Log on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Alt Delete on Windows 11 Log on Screen: Basically when my computer boots up it requires me to press control alt delete before I am able to type my password out .I have tried researching this problem on the internet and I have tried all these following methods.Setting Regedit to DisableCAD which is already defaulted...
  7. Control Alt Delete on Windows 11 Log on Screen

Control Alt Delete on Windows 11 Log on Screen: Basically when my computer boots up it requires me to press control alt delete before I am able to type my password out .I have tried researching this problem on the internet and I have tried all these following methods.Setting Regedit to DisableCAD which is already defaulted...
  8. Control alt delete without The DELETE Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control alt delete without The DELETE Key: I have a MacBook that has boot camp windows 11 And it doesn’t have the delete key how can I do control alt delete without the delete key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-alt-delete-without-the-delete-key/0c5e51f4-cfa6-4f57-b5e2-cb447b61dc73
  9. control Alt Delete change password option not functioning correctly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    control Alt Delete change password option not functioning correctly: One of my users is having an issue with the control alt delete option to change their password we are on a domain network. when they go to change their password it is only giving the option to enter the existing password it is not giving them the option to enter the new...
  10. control alt delete not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    control alt delete not working: control alt delete is not working when computer is frozen have to restart instead otherwise pc is okay I guess? am using classic shell computer is 3 years old by now I think Also anything about updating drivers/software /increasing performance would be helpful as well...