Windows 10: Why is there a Favorites Folder with data after Install

Discus and support Why is there a Favorites Folder with data after Install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I performed a clean install of 10162. I had no problems and as soon as it was completed I checked file explorer to see if there was any date in it. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shipinomore10, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Why is there a Favorites Folder with data after Install

I performed a clean install of 10162. I had no problems and as soon as it was completed I checked file explorer to see if there was any date in it. It contained everything that is in my desktop on 8.1 OS.
    since I have not imported anything into Edge yet I was trying to see where edge is getting its data.
    could someone help explain this?
    shipinomore.

:)

shipinomore10, Jul 4, 2015
  2. gwj3 Win User

Why won't edge let me Save / Add Favorites in two locations?

Why won't edge let me save / add favorites in two locations?

I want to save a favorite in a folder in my favorites and also outside of any folder in favorites. After I "Add" the link in a folder and then attempt to also "Add" out side of any folder the only option Edge offers is to "Save" and that option removes the
    link from the folder and places it outside all folders in the favorites list. I want to add or save the link in two separate locations. Edge does not allow me to do this. Why?

gwj3, Jul 4, 2015
  3. DeniseCCH Win User
    Favorites disappeared from Microsoft Edge after November upgrade

Hi Anil,

This works only for recovering favorites added before the November update. After the November update, Microsoft hided the favorites in a database instead of using the Edge favorites folder. Is there a way to recover the favorites data from the database?

Thanks.

DeniseCCH, Jul 4, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Why is there a Favorites Folder with data after Install

Brink, Jul 4, 2015
  5. Yup, a very nice feature. I love that it does that, saves me a chunk of time on clean install not having to tweak that stuff.

alphanumeric, Jul 4, 2015
  6. Thank You Brink. I just did a factory reset to my AIO and favorites showed up there so now I know how it works.
    Getting things set for the end of the month.
    Larry

shipinomore10, Jul 5, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    That is a very good feature!

Winuser, Jul 5, 2015
  8. linw Win User

It's not good if you have comps with the need for different setups. Like I don't want my notebook that outputs to the TV to look the same as my desktop.

linw, Jul 5, 2015
  9. You can change what is and is not synced across devices. I turned off syncing my start screen tile layout because my desktop and laptop have different size screens. On the other side of the coin though, if I save a link in IE its saved on all my PC's I have synced with that MSA. Check the link Brink posted.

alphanumeric, Jul 5, 2015
  10. Winuser Win User
    You can turn sync off.

Winuser, Jul 5, 2015
  11. linw Win User
    I have sync off but, alpha, you are right about the granularity. I just haven't seen any benefit as of yet.

12. If you use the "Backup your settings for this PC" option it will save you a lot of time on a clean install. IE favorites, desktop wallpaper, theme settings, installed apps, tile layout, etc, etc. is all backed up and restored. For each PC individually. Then you pick and chose what gets synced between PC's. Look through all the settings. It's very customizable.

alphanumeric, Jul 5, 2015
  13. linw Win User

Very true and thanks for highlighting those points. I must go back and have a closer look!

Thema:

1. Why is there a Favorites Folder with data after Install - Similar Threads - Why Favorites Folder

2. Empty favorites folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty favorites folder: Hi, I have 2 apps that when opening either one puts an empty favorites folder on my desktop. One is antispyware and the other is a game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-favorites-folder/08514dbf-1fda-4f7a-96ac-31efe094d9fe
  3. Empty favorites folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty favorites folder: Hi, I have 2 apps that when opening either one puts an empty favorites folder on my desktop. One is antispyware and the other is a game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-favorites-folder/08514dbf-1fda-4f7a-96ac-31efe094d9fe
  4. Many Favorite's Folders

in Browsers and Email
    Many Favorite's Folders: I have so many Favorites folders in Edge as seen below: Some of those I don't even know how they got there. I would like to have all my Favorites in one folder. Is there any way to do that? For instance could I put the folder "Free Software for Windows" into "Imported from...
  5. Favorites Lost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Favorites Lost Folder: Suddenly a folder in my Favorites list has disappeared. It also happens to be the last on the list. It's named Weather. This folder does appear on the list when I open Manage Favorites & I can access the weather sites when I open the folder. When I go back to the Favorites...
  6. Favorites Folder Not Expanding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites Folder Not Expanding: [img] I got the favorites to show but it does have the ">" arrow but when I click it don't expand but goes to the folder, any ideas on how to make this thing expand? 148255
  7. Empty favorites folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty favorites folder: I have searched the internet and everyone shows how to get to the favorites folder. My folder however is empty even though i have several links. C:\Users\lowel\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default...
  8. Favorites folder

Favorites folder: How do I save a webpage to the Favorites Folder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-folder/880feec5-4a6a-43d8-8524-0aeafde670b3"
  9. Favorites Folder

Favorites Folder: Hello, one and all. I enthusiastically embraced Windows 10 and expected Windows 10 to be everything Windows 7 is and more. What I found was a massive shuffle of applications with some disappearing and new ones appearing. That's progress I guess. One of my favorite tricks on...
  10. Folder in Favorites lost

in Browsers and Email
    Folder in Favorites lost: Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost...