Windows 10: Why Is Windows Hosting a Network Called Direct-xxxxxxx

Discus and support Why Is Windows Hosting a Network Called Direct-xxxxxxx in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, recently, my Windows 10 Pro Laptop starts randomly shutting off the WiFi. I go into "Network Adapters" and my computer cut my WiFi to host a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AntiMalware, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Why Is Windows Hosting a Network Called Direct-xxxxxxx

So, recently, my Windows 10 Pro Laptop starts randomly shutting off the WiFi. I go into "Network Adapters" and my computer cut my WiFi to host a network called Direct-iGE5msPN. It often changes names so that's why I put x's in the title. Do I have a virus? If not, what is it doing? Attached is a screenshot. I censored the WiFi/Ethernet network for privacy reasons. Also I have the Hyper-V Network Bridge thingee. This Direct-xxxxxxx network popped up even before Hyper-V

Why Is Windows Hosting a Network Called Direct-xxxxxxx [​IMG]

:)

AntiMalware, Aug 7, 2017

2. New software update for Nokia 130/130 Dual SIM: v. 10.02.11

In my phone , I have to save contacts in 3 different ways.

If I save a number like this - 077 XXXXXXX it is support only for sim 2 calls

If I save a number like this - 77 XXXXXXX it is support only for sim 1 calls (without "0")

If I save a number like this - +9477 XXXXXXX it is support only for sim 1 and sim 2 SMS ("+94"-country code)

So according to my point of view it is a problem of sofware. That is why I search for updates.

1993na4na2, Aug 7, 2017
  3. host process for windows services

why does host process for windows services constantly try to connect to different computers across my network even network storage devices. all pcs on network should be independent and not really communicate so to speak with each other, most have blocked
    ms as much as they can specially through the hosts file. i can only assume ms tries to access different pcs on the network in order to try and call home. i would believe that my other pcs maybe trying to call on files or something, but removed that idea when
    i made a bot using win7 with nothing on it...but a bot program, and i see that host process for windows services calls to it for no reason. why is ms so determined to track its users?

ADAMKDENNY, Aug 7, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Why Is Windows Hosting a Network Called Direct-xxxxxxx

Are you using Miracast, casting from Windows 10 to a wireless display like a smart-TV or Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter? A Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter is used for that, highlighted in screenshot is my current one which allows me to use a Miracast supporting smart-TV as an additional display:

Why Is Windows Hosting a Network Called Direct-xxxxxxx [​IMG]

Although it is always shown as not having network access, it works perfectly. You should not manually remove / edit this adapter's settings.

Kari, Aug 7, 2017
  5. Don't Have Mircast on, but yes there is a Roku in our house

AntiMalware, Aug 7, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    It is because some Android devices put out “Direct” and then android qnd the part of the MAC ID for cast on it. My NVIDIA shield does it all of the time, so I really do not even worry about it.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why Is Windows Hosting a Network Called Direct-xxxxxxx

1. Why Is Windows Hosting a Network Called Direct-xxxxxxx - Similar Threads - Why Hosting Network

2. PC Displayed as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in My Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Displayed as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in My Network: I recently had to use a USB Flash Drive and use recovery tools to fix my PC. Everything works now, except now my PC shows up as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in my network instead of the actual PC device name. I tried changing the device name through my windows 10 settings but it still...
  3. PC Displayed as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in My Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Displayed as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in My Network: I recently had to use a USB Flash Drive and use recovery tools to fix my PC. Everything works now, except now my PC shows up as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in my network instead of the actual PC device name. I tried changing the device name through my windows 10 settings but it still...
  4. PC Displayed as 'minint-xxxxxxx' in My Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hosted network

Hosted network: HI, Can anyone show me how to enable hostednetwork? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hosted-network/0b13cd02-ae6c-47c2-b71f-b07ac41859a4
  6. Hosted network

Hosted network: Hi, my PC is running win 10, when I try start hosted network using cmd it's not starting at all. But at the same time SHAREit can create it. Please help. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hosted-network/88510dd6-1ae5-4e62-b5a2-ed453b32da64
  7. hosted network

hosted network: ive been trying to create a hosted network but it wont let me ive searched for updates for my drivers i have sharing on my internet and i still cant get it to work any ideas would be appreciated...
  8. USB will not open XXXXXXX

USB will not open XXXXXXX: USB drive will not open usb voice recorder help help help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-will-not-open-xxxxxxx/9a5d5eab-39c0-4cd0-8edb-392117bbacea"
  9. hosted network

hosted network: In the command window if I type "netsh wlan show drivers" It comes up "hosted network supported: No". I need to be able to make this a yes so I can create an ad hoc network to connect directly to my printer. I have win 10 and my old computer did this just fine. My new...
  10. Network Host

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Host: I have a Windows 10 computer. I am adding a Wi-Fi security camera to my Q-See camera system. I am getting a message that it is unable to find the Network Host. Is this the computer Network Host? if so, how do I find it and make the connection? Thx. *** Moved from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot