Windows 10: Why is Windows Immersive Control Panel (SystemSettings.exe) open?

Discus and support Why is Windows Immersive Control Panel (SystemSettings.exe) open? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why is Windows Immersive Control Panel (SystemSettings.exe) open when I'm not using it and haven't opened it? Do other programs open under the name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thelps, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Thelps Win User

Why is Windows Immersive Control Panel (SystemSettings.exe) open?

Why is Windows Immersive Control Panel (SystemSettings.exe) open when I'm not using it and haven't opened it?

Do other programs open under the name of the Settings UI?

Appreciated.

:)

Thelps, Dec 15, 2017

2. Can DCOM errors cause random sleep/shutdown?

3 or 4 sleep shut offs this evening and event logs indicate closest match as distributed com event again apart from one different one which states - app error event id 1000 - faulting app name systemsettings.exe - faulting module name twinapi.appcore.dll
    and mention of faulting app path as .. immersive control panel. This is first time have noticed this error.

cyano‡blue™, Dec 15, 2017
  3. RuthLowe Win User
    immersive control panel?

Suddenly today in my start menu, "settings" changed to "immersive control panel". Clicking on it, it still goes to the settings menu.

I have run virus checkers and don't see any viruses.

RuthLowe, Dec 15, 2017
Thema:

Why is Windows Immersive Control Panel (SystemSettings.exe) open?

1. Why is Windows Immersive Control Panel (SystemSettings.exe) open? - Similar Threads - Why Immersive Control

2. Windows update Opening immersive control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update Opening immersive control panel?: When i try to update windows it opens immersive control panel how do i fix this? I've tried using an admin cmd and the little button in the taskbar but to no avail....
  3. Windows update Opening immersive control panel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update Opening immersive control panel?: When i try to update windows it opens immersive control panel how do i fix this? I've tried using an admin cmd and the little button in the taskbar but to no avail....
  4. Windows update Opening immersive control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update Opening immersive control panel: This could be a dumb question but anyways.I have never had a problem with windows 11 updating untill recently,when i tried to update my windows version within settings and found out that it only opened the 'Immersive control panel' and I've also tried updating using admin cmd...
  5. Windows update Opening immersive control panel

Windows update Opening immersive control panel: This could be a dumb question but anyways.I have never had a problem with windows 11 updating untill recently,when i tried to update my windows version within settings and found out that it only opened the 'Immersive control panel' and I've also tried updating using admin cmd...
  6. Problemas no Immersive Control Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problemas no Immersive Control Panel: Meu notebook começou a ter muitos travamento e está extremamente lento nos últimos dias. Em problemas aparece a seguinte mensagem:FonteSettingsResumoStopped responding and was closedData‎22/‎10/‎2022 01:37StatusRelatório enviadoDescriçãoA problem caused this program to stop...
  7. Problemas no Immersive Control Panel

Problemas no Immersive Control Panel: Meu notebook começou a ter muitos travamento e está extremamente lento nos últimos dias. Em problemas aparece a seguinte mensagem:FonteSettingsResumoStopped responding and was closedData‎22/‎10/‎2022 01:37StatusRelatório enviadoDescriçãoA problem caused this program to stop...
  8. Why can't I open the control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open the control panel?: Hello, I reinstalled my laptop and after I sign in to the insider program. After that I can't open the control panel from start menu, search bar even in the system32 appwiz.cpl. Just from the 'run' command. Somebody can help?...
  9. Why can't I open the control panel?

Why can't I open the control panel?: Hello, I reinstalled my laptop and after I sign in to the insider program. After that I can't open the control panel from start menu, search bar even in the system32 appwiz.cpl. Just from the 'run' command. Somebody can help?...
  10. Immersive Control Panel error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Immersive Control Panel error?: Hi, I recently installed Win 10 Pro on a new build PC. After around 10 hours in total of playing one specific game I now encounter a system crash to a black screen on a very frequent basis. I'm not massively tecchy but think I found the error code in Event Viewer which says:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. immersive control panel

2. immersive control panel system settings

3. windows immersive control panel

4. immersive control panel windows 10,
  5. ImmersiveControlPanel,
  6. what is immersive control panel,
  7. windows.immersivecontrolpanel,
  8. immersive control panel settings,
  9. windows.immersive control panel,
  10. what is the immersive control panel service in windows 10,
  11. windows immersive control,
  12. faulting application name: systemsettings.exe version: 10.0.17763.1 time stamp: 0x9d9d9332,
  13. inmersive control panel,
  14. known immersive control panel issues,
  15. what is immersive control