Windows 10: Why isnt there a "Lock" option?

Discus and support Why isnt there a "Lock" option? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I set my computer to sleep and then wake it up, it doesn't ask for my password that I used when I turned my computer on. Is there a way to make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BRKING, May 25, 2016.

1. BRKING Win User

Why isnt there a "Lock" option?

When I set my computer to sleep and then wake it up, it doesn't ask for my password that I used when I turned my computer on. Is there a way to make it ask for the password when you wake it from sleep?

:)

BRKING, May 25, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, May 25, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Why isnt there a "Lock" option? :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Why isnt there a "Lock" option? :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Why isnt there a "Lock" option? :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Why isnt there a "Lock" option? :)

musum, May 25, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

pbcopter, May 25, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    In the search box next to the Start button > type power options > Enter
    Left side, click Require a password on wake-up > click at " Change settings that are currently unavailable " > scroll down to Password protection upon wake up > put a dot ( click at ) the "Require a password"
    > click Save changes.

Why isnt there a "Lock" option? [​IMG]

davidhk, May 25, 2016
  6. BRKING Win User
    so I'll need a password to turn in my computer and then a separate to wake it from sleep? Can't it be the same password?

BRKING, May 25, 2016
  7. BRKING Win User
    BRKING, May 25, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Same password you use to sign in.

davidhk, May 25, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    To : BRKING

8 hours has passed and you are now online.
    Does any of the suggestions work ?
    For the benefit of others who may have the same question, please post a follow-up.
    Thank you.

davidhk, May 25, 2016
  10. BRKING Win User
    worked perfectly. Thanks!

BRKING, May 27, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Nice to hear that.
    You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why isnt there a "Lock" option? - Similar Threads - Why isnt Lock

2. why isnt my windows updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why isnt my windows updating: hello,pls help me. my laptop does not want to update and its been months. im not sure whats wrong. and now suddenly my 16gb ram laptop gets slow sometimes. pls help...
  3. WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHY ISNT MY TOUCHPAD WORKING?: My hp laptop touchpad was glitching at first about 2 days ago , today it worked and was still glitching then it just stopped working and the mouse pointer is not showing on the screen anymore . The “Touchpad” in the Settings> Devices isn’t there anymore and “Mice and other...
  4. Stuff isnt working idk why??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuff isnt working idk why??: Hey, so like Today i was trying to go to the start menu but that wasnt working, neither was my search bar.Then i tried to go into normal settings but that wasnt working either. and none of my side bar stuff like my internet, volume, battery,language i can click or change. I...
  5. Stuff isnt working idk why??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuff isnt working idk why??: Hey, so like Today i was trying to go to the start menu but that wasnt working, neither was my search bar.Then i tried to go into normal settings but that wasnt working either. and none of my side bar stuff like my internet, volume, battery,language i can click or change. I...
  6. Why isnt there a option in settings to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isnt there a option in settings to upgrade to Windows 11: My device is compatible with the upgrade to Windows 11, but why doesn't it show the option in settings to upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-there-a-option-in-settings-to-upgrade-to/64778f93-79a0-45ee-9422-913ca7d3956d
  7. Why isnt there a option in settings to upgrade to Windows 11

Why isnt there a option in settings to upgrade to Windows 11: My device is compatible with the upgrade to Windows 11, but why doesn't it show the option in settings to upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-there-a-option-in-settings-to-upgrade-to/64778f93-79a0-45ee-9422-913ca7d3956d
  8. Why isnt there a option in settings to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options: [ATTACH] my drivers are up to date, my bios has no options, ive tried deleting them, ive tried through the nvidia control panel, nothing worked. its preventing me from playing mc bedrock as hd 3000 isnt supported but GT 540m is. pls help. ive had this issue for months...
  10. No 'Lock' option?

No 'Lock' option?: Hey, I am going to start locking my PC instead of hibernating or switching my pc if I'm only leaving it to stand by for an hour or two (or less) however on my power options from start there is no option to lock it, I have attached the image of what I am presented with, any...