Windows 10: Why log in password not required

Discus and support Why log in password not required in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I do not require a login password on my Win10, but when I look at my User Accounts I see the box checked that says User must use a password. How can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ALN, Sep 1, 2016.

1. ALN
    ALN Win User

Why log in password not required

I do not require a login password on my Win10, but when I look at my User Accounts I see the box checked that says User must use a password. How can this be?

Why log in password not required [​IMG]

I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and did not use a password in Win7. How did I get from there to here?

:)

2. Password to log in (not previously required)

Hi,

To assist you further, have you set up a password before in your PC? Have you recently made any changes in your PC --an update maybe?

Let us know.

Joanna 777, Sep 1, 2016
  3. Password to log in (not previously required)

my pc is requesting a password to log-in. No password was required before this week. Although I have a password for my laptop (and the same one works for the pc) why has this occurred (and can I cancel it)? I don't need a password on my PC.

JeffreyBrindle, Sep 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 1, 2016
  5. ALN
    ALN Win User
    Thanks Shawn. Turns out I updated all 3 of my computers to WIN10, and all 3 have the same "glitch." No big deal since they all log in without a password as I want. Thanks also for the link to the tutorial!.

Thema:

1. Why log in password not required - Similar Threads - Why log password

2. Old Email and Password required when logging into windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Old Email and Password required when logging into windows: Hello,My computer is asking for an old email password when logging into the computer. I no longer use this email and need to get into the account to see all of my files because this is an administrator account. I would really like to get into this computer so that I can see...
  3. Old Email and Password required when logging into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Email and Password required when logging into windows: Hello,My computer is asking for an old email password when logging into the computer. I no longer use this email and need to get into the account to see all of my files because this is an administrator account. I would really like to get into this computer so that I can see...
  4. Is it possible to require a password to log into a domain workstation, but unlock it with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to require a password to log into a domain workstation, but unlock it with...: So when users log in first thing, they would still need a password. But if they lock their desktop for a break and come back, they could unlock it with just a pin number?...
  5. Password required after log off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password required after log off: Several weeks ago (maybe after a WU) I found that I was required to sign in with a password after "logging off". At that point, I must restart the machine, and it boots right up to the desktop, no password requested. This unit never has been setup to ask for a password. I...
  6. Pin, Password Required to log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin, Password Required to log on: I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have been unable to find anyone who has addressed this issue online....
  7. remove log on password requirements.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove log on password requirements.: Recently built a new PC all was fine. I was booting and using my PC daily and no password was ever required. I never entered any password for logging into to windows. For some reason I got on internet one day and was searching for some info on Microsoft's webpage and had to...
  8. Log in requires password

Log in requires password: Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in. I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...." There are no other users shown in the listing. I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator...
  9. Password required to log on pc

Password required to log on pc: Hi I have been using windows 10 for twelve months and have subscribed to automatic updates. I use outlook.com for emails and the windows 10/ outlook calendar which is also accesible on my iPhone. Just recently, when starting up my PC, I have a new start up screen that...
  10. Build10240: is user log-on password required for network sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Build10240: is user log-on password required for network sharing?: I have Build 10240 installed on my desktop system and it is running A-OK. My laptop is Win8.1 and I expect I'll do the Win10 upgrade in a few days. Both systems use offline user accounts with no passwords. Right now my laptop says I cannot access any shared directories on...