Windows 10: Why, Microsoft, why?

Discus and support Why, Microsoft, why? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ok, first Microsoft decided to no longer support nor allow use on Windows any of its great Flight Simulator products when Windows 7 came out (despite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HALODOC116, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Why, Microsoft, why?

Ok, first Microsoft decided to no longer support nor allow use on Windows any of its great Flight Simulator products when Windows 7 came out (despite all the money I paid then for the products over the years) now with Windows 10, my last vestige of solitude and stress relief (Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08; sure its dated, but its just golf) suddenly no longer saves, I'm forced to play the same course over and over again. I try saving during play, doesn't work, at the end of the tournament the game just freezes up and I can't find a fix.

Come on Microsoft, I'm not gamer, I can't even play any first person shooters without getting sick, (so no I don't need an game console) all I wanted was to fly my MS Flight Simulator (as a colorblind person unable to get a pilot's license). I paid my money and you made it so that I could no longer use my programs!

Please put a free copy of Windows 98 out there so that I can go back to using my PC for what I bought it to do!

Anyone know a fix for the PGA Tour program problem on Windows 10?

:)

HALODOC116, Aug 30, 2015

2. Why, Microsoft, Why?!?!?

I am, and likely always will be, a loyal PC user. I am, however, confused and upset at Microsoft's latest OS, Windows 10. I understand the need to try and stay ahead of Apple, no one dislikes Apple more than I. That being said, why on earth does Microsoft
    continue to release these products before they are ready? It simply makes no sense. What's more, they advertise the **** out of them and lead you to believe that it is the best thing since sliced bread.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, if that wasn't apparent. Day one, absolutely awesome!! I loved the start menu coming back and the new additions to it and how it worked. I love the search bar, I even liked Edge a lot. Day two, still going great, had some
    issues getting some software installed that we use at our company, but eventually was able to figure out what I needed to do and got everything working. Day three, absolute nightmare. Edge doesn't work, Cortana doesn't work, some things are telling me that
    I need to log into my Microsoft account but every time I try, a box pops up for a second and then it is gone. Edge is the same scenario, I click on it and it pops up with the Edge logo and just like that it is gone.

Perhaps the most frustrating part of all of it is the fact that I have scoured the internet ALL DAY trying to find a solution. There are essentially three options out there that are supposed to work, NONE of them do. Every single post you see from a Microsoft
    personnel is the exact same thing, essentially copied and pasted "solution" to the problem. Why not just figure out what the real problem is and make an update that fixes it? A company with the resources and money that Microsoft has, I find it impossible
    to believe that they cannot find a solution to the problem. More likely is that they don't care to find a solution. Is Microsoft's goal to push as many people to using Apple products as they can? Do they want to lose the market-share that they currently enjoy?

Please, someone help me to understand why Microsoft continues to make such incredibly stupid decisions, and while you are at it, if you have any REAL suggestions at getting this POS operating system to work, please, share those as well!!

BenjaminSalm, Aug 30, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Why Microsoft

20 GB of storage is not sufficient for Windows 10.

BulldogXX, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Why, Microsoft, why?

Try running it as Administrator. Right click on the shortcut and use the "Run as Administrator" option. It is likely the game is trying to write the saved file in the program directory where it should not be. As for Flight simulator, might want to look online seems quite a few people have gotten it to work.

logicearth, Aug 30, 2015
  5. I'm not a big time gamer, but.......
    I do use many programs that came over on the Mayflower. lol (even some 16 bit games)

Yes, they all need to be "Run as Administrator" and I also set the preferences to "run in compatibility mode for Windows XP, SP3", whenever I can. Generally everything runs just fine, when I do that.

Ever since Windows 8.1, (32bit) compatibility with older programs has been greatly enhanced. Not so much with the 64 bit ver. though. I've elected to just keep on using the 32 bit ver. of Windows 8.1 for the greatest backward compatibility.

Cheers mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Aug 30, 2015
  6. Thank you, I'll try that!

HALODOC116, Aug 30, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    I have removed all of my older games and all the stuff that came with them. The Only game I now have is COD AW. Windows 10 is now running better.

8. eLPuSHeR Win User

Why, Microsoft, why?

I haven't had any issues running older games under w10 so far. I am an avid gamer.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 31, 2015
  9. Thank you, that did the trick for the PGA game!

I didn't know about having to select Administrator, guess that explains why Office doesn't want to save documents either; MS should have a PC Home version and an Enterprise version of Windows 10, doesn't make sense for a single user PC to have to act like he's running a network of hundreds of computers, just to use Office or play a game... guess it shows what they think of individual PC owners, or simply lazy programmers....

I'll keep searching for a fix for Flight Simulator also.

HALODOC116, Aug 31, 2015
  10. websquad Win User
    I have an older machine (Dell Optiplex 745) with memory and a modern graphics card added, and I happened across a MS Flight Simuator 2002 which I don't think I ever used -- having a few minutes to kill, I loaded it on the machine, and it worked .... but stunk. It only used the center display of my 3-display system, and reduced the resolution to some ancient standard. The visual fidelity was so low that it made me dizzy. Enough of that. My center screen is run by a NVidia 8400GS. Any (very inexpensive) Flt Sim suggestions?

websquad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why, Microsoft, why?

1. Why, Microsoft, why? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft why

2. why microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why microsoft?: microsofts quiz on bald eagles says why do bald eagles have white heads and tails, the answer that i found on google after the quiz was for camouflage, but microsofts quiz says it's cuz of maturity. why?...
  3. why microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why microsoft?: microsofts quiz on bald eagles says why do bald eagles have white heads and tails, the answer that i found on google after the quiz was for camouflage, but microsofts quiz says it's cuz of maturity. why?...
  4. Microsoft! Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft! Why?: After updating my MoBo's BIOS, you deactivate my windows? I've spent hours of my time trying to fix this. After calling support my call was dropped... So I ask again. Microsoft! Why?...
  5. Microsoft! Why?

Microsoft! Why?: After updating my MoBo's BIOS, you deactivate my windows? I've spent hours of my time trying to fix this. After calling support my call was dropped... So I ask again. Microsoft! Why?...
  6. Why is Microsoft ****?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft ****?: Vote now!Option 1:Microsoft is bad at everything they try to do. The only reason they are able to survive is by abusing their ignorant users who don't realize how badly they're getting screwed.Option 2:Microsoft is based on stolen IP and has been since the beginning. They...
  7. Why is Microsoft ****?

Why is Microsoft ****?: Vote now!Option 1:Microsoft is bad at everything they try to do. The only reason they are able to survive is by abusing their ignorant users who don't realize how badly they're getting screwed.Option 2:Microsoft is based on stolen IP and has been since the beginning. They...
  8. Microsoft... WHY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft... WHY?: I have 2 laptops, one is an old and low end laptop, and other is modern and good laptop. This post of about my old laptop. 7 years ago when Windows 10 was released and I had bought this laptop, now I don't really remember the experience, but all I know that is was very...
  9. Microsoft... WHY?

Microsoft... WHY?: I have 2 laptops, one is an old and low end laptop, and other is modern and good laptop. This post of about my old laptop. 7 years ago when Windows 10 was released and I had bought this laptop, now I don't really remember the experience, but all I know that is was very...
  10. Microsoft teams.... why why why?

Microsoft teams.... why why why?: Why in the world does Microsoft Teams start with windows? Who was the brilliant genius that thought everyone that uses Office 360 uses Microsoft Teams? Can I get that person's email so I can tell them what a stupid idea it was? Anyone with the ability to double click can open...