Windows 10: Why MS Edge Browser not so Popular?

Discus and support Why MS Edge Browser not so Popular? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Despite Edge being one of the secure browsers out there (close to Chrome's security sandboxed environment), why are not so many people using it? Not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by win10freak, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Why MS Edge Browser not so Popular?

Despite Edge being one of the secure browsers out there (close to Chrome's security sandboxed environment), why are not so many people using it? Not just from a security standpoint, but its much faster as well. I can think of one simple reason, maybe the lack of extensions?

Being that said, I think I am noticing some slowness in IE 11 as well and maybe MS is doing this on purpose to move people over to using Edge. Its only a theory.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

:)

win10freak, Jul 13, 2018

2. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Mister Azaruddin,

Did You prove to do your suggestion to enable flash player on MS Edge on Windows phone 10 ?

It seems not.

Regards,

Paulo Ernane

PauloErnane, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Hi,

Check if you can enable to flash player on MS Edge browser. To do so, follow these steps.

• Open MS Edge browser and click on more actions [...].
    • Click on Settings and select View advanced settings
      tab.
    • Turn on Use Adobe Flash player and check if it works.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Why MS Edge Browser not so Popular?

MS Edge not listed in default browsers

MS Edge has some shortcomings, and I changed my default browser to IE 11 (in Windows 10).

As I've learned some workarounds for some of the Edge shortcomings, I felt I was ready to once again try Edge as my default browser. I went to Settings, System, Default apps, and scrolled to Web browser. Internet Explorer was shown there, of course, I clicked
    it, and the pop-up/drop-down list of available browsers displayed. It showed Internet Explorer, Google Chrome (which is installed), and Search for an app in the Store. Microsoft Edge, which is certainly on my machine and which I use regularly from the icon
    on my taskbar, is not shown as an option in the pop-up/drop-down list.

Why is this, and what must I do to make Edge be my default browser?

(And I swear, if some Microsoft Tech comes here and tells me to go to Settings, System, Default apps, Web browser, and choose Edge from the list, I'm making a nationally publicized walk to Seattle.)

StuckOnWords, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Why MS Edge Browser not so Popular?

1. Why MS Edge Browser not so Popular? - Similar Threads - Why Edge Browser

2. MS Edge Chromium Browser.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge Chromium Browser.: Hello Is it possible for the new Edge Chromium browser to automatically open and already have pages that were open in the past . In MS Edge ,it was possible where in user closes Edge opens it and it has pages already/still has the pages open in the past. Regards, Rakesh...
  3. How to delete MS Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to delete MS Edge browser: Running current win10 2004 build 19041.450 as of yesterday and all seemed well until today. Have always used Firefox as browser prior to update 2004 download . Today update installed MS Edge ,but i kept my default browser as Firefox. Went to uninstall KB4559309 Edge update...
  4. Why is the New Edge browser so difficult to activate?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is the New Edge browser so difficult to activate?: I downloaded the New Edge Browser, but cannot find a link to activate it. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-new-edge-browser-so-difficult-to/66dcdb11-5fbd-4bd9-b3f3-1e02c2e0e1e6
  5. McAffee warning on MS Edge browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    McAffee warning on MS Edge browser: I do not have McAfee software installed but I've started to get a warning message on my browser telling me my subscription has expired (today's date) and to visit...
  6. MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings.

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings.: The latest changes to the basic settings in MS Edge are just a joke. How did anyone think that what has been implemented could be acceptable in any way? Frankly, I am starting to wonder what 99% of the so-called enhancements are worth. Most of them are just a distraction. Or,...
  7. Most popular browser for...

in Browsers and Email
    Most popular browser for...: Less than half of all Windows users use Explorer. That makes Explorer the world's most popular browser for downloading another browser. 48430
  8. Ms Edge Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge Browser.: I am running windows 10 preview 14393.5. I have the following questions. 1. In ms edge the cast to device is greyed out, is this normal? 2. Will cast to device work with 1st generation google cast device? Henry 57648
  9. ms new edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    ms new edge browser: anyone know when ms plans to allow plugins to work with edge ? is kinda a useless browser without them 19320
  10. MS Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Browser: Just upgraded to new Windows 10 along with the new Edge browser. It has been a terrible experience! How do I move my "favorites" to the left side of my browser? I have tried all the various things posted and Googled on how to move it and to no avail, no success. In addition,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why edge is not popular

2. why is ms edge unpopular

3. why edge browser is not popular