Windows 10: Why no anniversary update?

Discus and support Why no anniversary update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop computers are running Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS Build 10586.545 I don't appear to get the anniversay update. Is there a reason for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by machare, Jan 4, 2017.

1. machare Win User

Why no anniversary update?

My desktop computers are running Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS Build 10586.545

I don't appear to get the anniversay update. Is there a reason for this?

(I have a year old laptop with Windows 10 Home and that did get the anniversary update.)

:)

machare, Jan 4, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Why do you presume that because you had many problems, Microsoft has to fix the anniversary update?

I have no problems with the anniversary update. Millions of people around the world have had no problems with the anniversary update.

I'm not saying that Microsoft is perfect. I'm only asking: Why isn't possible that
    you might be doing something wrong?

BulldogXX, Jan 4, 2017
  3. why is windows 10 anniversary update optional?

why is windows 10 anniversary update optional?

ExcessPhase, Jan 4, 2017
  4. marsmimar Win User

Windows 10 Pro 1511 has a feature to defer upgrades. The Home version does not. (It's my understanding that moving from 1511 to 1607 Anniversary Update is actually an upgrade.) To see if your 10 Pro is deferring upgrades:

Click Start button > Settings > Update & security > Advanced options. You should have a check box to defer upgrades. Make sure it's unchecked. The next time you boot your computer you should get prompted that updates are available and 1607 should be one of them. At least that's what happened on my 10 Pro machine. *Confused

EDIT: There's been a few changed to Microsoft's update/upgrade policies so I could be totally wrong on this. If I am, my apologies and I'm sure others will jump in to correct me.

marsmimar, Jan 4, 2017
  5. machare Win User
    Thank you for your reply. I have not had the defer upgrades option selected on either PC!

There must be another reason..

machare, Jan 5, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Normally you don't get the Anniversary Update because there is something wrong with your current Windows 10 installation that is keeping it from installing and it usually takes a clean install to fix it.

You can download the ISO file here:
    Microsoft Windows 10 ISO download

Double click on the ISO file to mount it. A new drive letter (virtual DVD drive) will open. Run setup.exe in the new drive letter that opens to attempt to manually start the upgrade to the Anniversary Update. If it asks you for a product key or tells you the only option is to remove all your applications and files then you downloaded an edition of Windows 10 different the what you have installed now and you need to download the matching edition.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why no anniversary update? - Similar Threads - Why anniversary update

2. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  3. Skip the Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Skip the Anniversary Update?: Is it possible to skip the anniversary update but still get security updates? The question is not whether this is a good idea. Just, is it possible. 60216
  4. Anniversary Update woes

Anniversary Update woes: Hi. I recently rolled back my desktop from the anniversary update because I was noticing problems with start times (slower), my wifi (poor connection) and bluetooth (connection problems with no audio). After trying to reinstall my drivers which had no success, I decided to...
  5. Anniversary Update Number?

Anniversary Update Number?: What is the KBxxxxxx number for the Anniversary Update? I want to uninstall it because it's causing me a lot problems. Don Cole 92379
  6. Anniversary Update Report

Anniversary Update Report: I've been delaying updating my desktop PCs to the Anniversary Update (AU) due to previous reports on the forum of missing drives or drives appearing in RAW format. I haven't noticed any recent reports of this issue so I went ahead and upgraded my father's PC two days ago....
  7. Anniversary Update Problem

Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  8. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115
  9. anniversary update, accept or not

anniversary update, accept or not: I know it will eventually be installed no matter what I do but it appears it is loaded with errors from what I read on this site and others. Can it be delayed at all. Upgraded from 7 to 10 last December. 59811
  10. Anniversary Update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update issues: I updated to the Anni version today and I am not 100% impressed with it. Firstly, I couldn't access the menu using left click but using the right click was ok, Secondly, I find that I am unable to open a .pdf in Adobe reader DC for some strange reason? I tried downloading...