Windows 10: Why no CldFlt service?

Discus and support Why no CldFlt service? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm still trying to isolate the cause of frequent hard crashes. Studying Event Viewer (a daunting experience that never fails to depress me) shows a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Terrypin Win User

Why no CldFlt service?

I'm still trying to isolate the cause of frequent hard crashes. Studying Event Viewer (a daunting experience that never fails to depress me) shows a bunch of vague possibilities to pursue.

One is Event ID 7000, "The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error:
    The request is not supported." This occurred either just before, during or just after the latest such crash (which always need a forced restart).

But I don't see such a service listed on my Win 10 Pro PC!

So naturally I cannot try the suggested fix here, as I don't have the registry key described.

How to fix cldflt service error 7000 - Rob Steele

Insights anyone please?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Aug 4, 2017

2. CldFlt service error event log

This error occurs every time on start up. Also what is the CldFlt service?

Bob C.

BobClark_72, Aug 4, 2017
  3. Dr.Philyu Win User
    The CldFlt service failed to start Windows 1703 Event ID 7000 from System log

The CldFlt service failed to start Windows 1703 Event ID 7000 from System log

Dr.Philyu, Aug 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Why no CldFlt service?

Windows 10 - The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error:

Hope that helps somewhat

dalchina, Aug 4, 2017
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey Terrypin,
    If you weren't able to do it thru the registry, use the following.

For Event ID 7000 - CldFlt
    Open Command Prompt as Admin
    sc config CldFlt start= disabled

Just in case your seeing any Connected Devices Platform errors/warning like Event Id 7023 / 1010 / 1016 for CDPsvc / CDPUsrSvc
    sc config CDPSvc start= disabled
    sc config CDPUserSvc start= disabled

Note: Even if you not getting CDP (Connected Devices Platform errors/warnings) it won't affect anything by disabling them.
    Connected Devices Platform Service - What does it do? - Windows 10 Forums

Eagle51, Aug 4, 2017
  6. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks, but that seems to rest on the assumption that the CldFlt service and its registry entry exist - and, as I said, mine don't!

But it does also appear to imply that it's a benign sort of event, so it looks as if that cannot be implicated in my crashes.

Terrypin, Aug 4, 2017
  7. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks Eagle51, I'll try that when I get back to the PC. But does that too assume I have the CldFlt service? Any idea why I don't?

Terrypin, Aug 4, 2017
  8. Eagle51 Win User

Why no CldFlt service?

There is no Cloud Service Filter (CldFlt) Service listed in Windows Services. You can query for it thou.
    sc qc CldFlt

Note: Not sure why you wouldn't have a registry entry for it, could be you've never setup OneDrive. I do have OneDrive setup and have the following registry entries...
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\CldFlt
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CldFlt

Eagle51, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Why no CldFlt service?

1. Why no CldFlt service? - Similar Threads - Why CldFlt service

2. Why is the internet service is unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the internet service is unavailable: Why is the internet service is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-internet-service-is-unavailable/87128913-735a-4124-ba1f-1e88c7ba5525
  3. Why is the internet service is unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the internet service is unavailable: Why is the internet service is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-internet-service-is-unavailable/87128913-735a-4124-ba1f-1e88c7ba5525
  4. Why is calculator running as a service?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is calculator running as a service?: I've realized that the calculator app is running as a service and makes me wonder why?Listing processes in Windows 10 shows this:"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.2103.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Calculator.exe" -ServerName...Is this a malicious program?...
  5. What is a session: "CldFlt Log", "Microsoft.Windows.Remediation"? After all, who wanted it,...

What is a session: "CldFlt Log", "Microsoft.Windows.Remediation"? After all, who wanted it,...: Hello, I have Windows 10 PRO 21H1 x64. Greetings Jan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-session-cldflt-log/6efa1aa3-3fea-4f40-8ef6-3c10cfb63b30
  6. BSOD by cldflt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BSOD by cldflt: Hello forum, since 5 days i'm getting an BSOD if i'm working with OneDrive. In special, if i'm deleting folders from there. I have seen, that a MEMORY.DMP was created in C:\Windows, but it has 1,6GB. So i can see a chance to upload it there. What can i do? Greetings...
  7. Why Windows Services taking 100% Usages ? (Service & Antimalware Service Executable)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Windows Services taking 100% Usages ? (Service & Antimalware Service Executable): Hi, I love Windows 10 as helps me in accomplishing all my Personal and Professional Tasks with ease. Thanks to Microsoft for this masterpiece "Windows 10" However recently what I have noted is that while using my laptop most of the time CPU Usages goes to 100% and...
  8. Why an AMC is significant for IT ITes Services

Why an AMC is significant for IT ITes Services: The 21st Century is the information age and every industry relies on technology to manage the information that they generate. This means that the underlying IT infrastructure has to be extremely robust to enable your organization’s growth. A poor IT infrastructure can in...
  9. why are these services name have a suffix

why are these services name have a suffix: what do they mean about the suffix of "_42d52" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/why-are-these-services-name-have-a-suffix/b87daf0f-5409-4393-823e-19c53235426f
  10. CldFlt causes PC to freeze when starting stream

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CldFlt causes PC to freeze when starting stream: Whenever I try to stream on the HBO Nordic website, my PC freezes and I have to hit the reset button. I've isolated the issue to the CldFlt driver, event ID 7000 in the event logger. On the linked thread below there are workarounds for similar issues (check the end of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cldflt service restore

2. sc config CldFlt start= disabledsc config CDPSvc start= disabledsc config CDPUserSvc start= disabled