Windows 10: Why no folder.jpg displayed in preview pane for file folders list/det?

Discus and support Why no folder.jpg displayed in preview pane for file folders list/det? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why is there no folder.jpg displayed in Preview Pane for file folders when a view setting of list or details is selected? (Yes i know about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SP1200, Oct 6, 2016.

1. SP1200 Win User

Why no folder.jpg displayed in preview pane for file folders list/det?

Why is there no folder.jpg displayed in Preview Pane for file folders when a view setting of list or details is selected?
    (Yes i know about the difference between Details Pane and Preview Pane selection under the File drop down.)

Now if I go in to a folder and select anything, there is a preview, but not out side the folder like there is if I select Large Icons. I cannot see whats inside the folder by selection ether in List or details view. It really sucks because I often have to select Large Icons a scroll down a bunch of boxes rather then hit the arrow down and scroll down each folder looking for it contents.

Now I notice. Shortcuts to folders....will display the folder.jpg inside the folder.
    But only short cuts do this.

Any way the change this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

SP1200, Oct 6, 2016
  2. Gil deG Win User

How to get file to show up in all of preview pane

Hi Bill,

Setting the preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer is a global setting that is applied to all folders, and not just in the current folder.

Base on the information that you provided, it's possible that some of your files is small that's why it's only showing small preview in the preview pane. For us to have a better understanding of your concern, may we ask for a screenshot of the files that
    are showing in a small box in the preview pane.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Gil deG, Oct 6, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows File Explorer

Hi JimBoyajian, the preview pane can only preview a file, this has always been the case, not the contents of a folder

On the left of File Explorer, click 'This PC'

On the right hand side, navigate to the location of the folder

Double click that folder to view the files contained within

To view a file within the folder, select it and a preview will be generated in the Preview Pane, if that file type is supported . . .

DaveM121, Oct 6, 2016
Thema:

Why no folder.jpg displayed in preview pane for file folders list/det?

1. Why no folder.jpg displayed in preview pane for file folders list/det? - Similar Threads - Why folder jpg

2. File folder previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File folder previews: Dear community,I was just wondering how I could make a preview show when I look at things in my folders? Right now in Windows 11, the folders are just blocks. In Windows 10, it would show you what you had inside each folder sort of.Example:https://ibb.co/album/wYJfn6Another...
  3. Preview Pane in File Explorer not showing jpg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preview Pane in File Explorer not showing jpg files: Win 10 version 20H2 build 19042.804 In File explorer, when selecting a jpg file it is not previewed in the Preview Pane. I have the app 'Photos' selected as the default app, as recommended for Win10. How do I fix this? Thanks O...
  4. file folder preview

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file folder preview: I am unable to see previews of my files in file folder in Windows 10. I have tried all "fixes" in the community and they do not work. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-preview/5f3d937c-04dd-436d-aa74-c0faed406697
  5. File Listing in Folders

File Listing in Folders: Why does Windows 10 Explorer not display ALL of the files in a designated folder? I have an App Finale Print Music 2014 that I used to create new music encryptions; then saved to a designated folder. Then I call up Win Ex that folder, but the new entry may or not appear. I...
  6. List folder files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List folder files.: How can I fall in love with all the files in a folder starting from 1 to the number of files that the folder contains. It could be some .bat or some advice thanks 164506
  7. FOLDER PREVIEW PANE

FOLDER PREVIEW PANE: I have ADOBE, FOXIT & SODA PDF Viewer installed. My default pdf viewer for opening files are FOXIT READER But when clicking any pdf file in folder, SODA pdf automatically showing preview in folders preview panel. I want to change this default app to ADOBE or FOXIT....
  8. File Explorer Changed Folder Display and Listings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Changed Folder Display and Listings.: In File Explorer under Downloads, the folders/files are listed as A-H, I-P, Q-Z, and Unspecified. How this happened, I don't know. What I do know is that I don't like it. How to get it back to Default? docs and Music and Pics are not like this. I'm at a loss. I've clicked on...
  9. Windows 10 Explorer preview pane will not show jpg files

Windows 10 Explorer preview pane will not show jpg files: My Windows 10 Explorer preview pane will show other formats such as PDF and XLSX, but not JPG. In File Explorer Options: Display file icon on thumbnails Show preview handlers in preview pane, are both checked. Further, Always show icons, never thumbnails...
  10. Right Click JPG File In Folder To See Preview in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click JPG File In Folder To See Preview in Explorer?: All my folders are in details view which is how I like it. My photo or picture default viewer is Farstone Viewer and I like this as well and do not wish to change. However when I right click a JPG file in folder view I want to see a preview of that picture open up to the...