Windows 10: WHY no "homegroup" in Win 10 home 64??, the cynic asks..

Discus and support WHY no "homegroup" in Win 10 home 64??, the cynic asks.. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My homegroup (which included this machine and two running Win 7) was running fine, until the last update, which wiped the homegroup out. MS has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DONewell, Jul 17, 2018.

1. DONewell Win User

WHY no "homegroup" in Win 10 home 64??, the cynic asks..

My homegroup (which included this machine and two running Win 7)
    was running fine, until the last update, which wiped the homegroup out.

MS has a facile solution, to replace the homegoup funtionality,
    involving using their Outlook-based email system.
    (Why, I recall the simplicity of peer-to-peer,
    which was replace by homegroup, by crackee.)

But why, I ask, would they do such a thing??

And the answer arises easily in my curmudgeonly - inspired deductive reasoning.

"Well, they want more data hosted on their servers
    so they can mine it for their own purposes,
    and control the "free" space allocation for future income streams,
    and otherwise seek their own $$ based,
    to hell with you, profit opportunities."

Let me see:
    Would a good company like MicroSXXX *Banghead actually disable a functioning utility *092
    just to establish a future potential benefit?
    Mmmmmm?? (scratch head??)*sarc

If this is just negative speculation, predicated on obsolete recollections of past performance
    please enlighten me .
    Surely, its because of security reasons??*Confused
    or enhanced funtionality??*Party
    or, (uh)...???

Thank you.

DN

:)

DONewell, Jul 17, 2018

2. Win 10 and Homegroup - No longer detects a homegroup

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• How did you receive the BIOS update? Because, procedures vary depending on the BIOS manufacturer.
    • Do you have a System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?
    • Did you check if recreating the Homegroup helps to make a positive impact on the issue?

HomeGroup from start to finish (Applies
      to Windows 10 as well)
    • Do you mean reinstallation of Windows 10 when you say 'reloaded Win10'?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check whether the network discovery is turned to on all the devices.

Follow the below steps.

Step 1: Type network in the search box and choose
    Network and Sharing Center in the list to open it.

Step 2: Select Change advanced sharing settings to move on.

Step 3: Choose Turn on network discovery or
    Turn off network discovery
    in the settings, and tap Save changes.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 17, 2018
  3. create a homegroup

Hi Frankievan,

This issue logging in or joining HomeGroup could have happened due to administrator settings. To resolve your issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Are you the administrator of the HomeGroup network?
    • Have you taken or completed any troubleshooting steps?

If you are the administrator, we suggest that you check the settings of your HomeGroup network. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to check if there is something wrong with the settings.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Jul 17, 2018
  4. KenLyle Win User

With Each major Win 10 and Win 7 update Homegroups are killed? Help?

Unfortunately, the HomeGroup troubleshooter is unable to identify the problem.

At this point I am inclined to believe the problem was a corrupt Windows 7 Update (the most recent one). And unfortunately "recovery" to a few weeks prior was unable to resolve the problem.

So the only solution is to attempt a full clean install of either Win 7 or Win 10, and say a prayer.

The Win 7 computer still has access to the wireless router and internet, it is just unable to connect to the HomeGroup to gain access to the shared Windows 10 printers like it did before (or anything else shared from the Win 10 computer).

KenLyle, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

1. WHY no "homegroup" in Win 10 home 64??, the cynic asks.. - Similar Threads - WHY homegroup home

2. win 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  3. win 10 home 64 bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  4. Win 10. Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10. Home 64 Bit: Hello, I have connected a 2. HD, Sata 2, 160 GB. When I start Diskmgmt it takes a very, very longtime but ir show the second HD divided in two parts. My question are. 1. How I can mix the two parts to one area of about 160 GB. 2. How I can format this HD. 3. Why it takes so...
  5. Win 10 Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home 64 Bit: I wanted to install WIN 10 via Meidcreationtool (inplace). Unfortunately it shows error: WDSCORE.dll not found. 171294
  6. Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro: I have a laptop with win10 Home 64 bits installed on it. I need t upgrade it to Win 10 Pro 64 bits. I have a digital Licence on my PC Pro 64 bits. I have already tried to upgrade my laptop with clean install but Microsoft does not give me any choice except buying the...
  7. Install Win 8.1 64 on laptop pre-installed Win 10 Home 64

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install Win 8.1 64 on laptop pre-installed Win 10 Home 64: Dear Friends, My laptop HP Pavilion Win 10 Home 64 Factory-installed. Now I like to install Win 8.1 64 more on a new partition so that the Office 2007 32 can be run there. Thanks for your attention Quyen Pham Dinh With profound thankfulness if help me by mail to ***...
  8. Cannot connect to HOMEGROUP on Win 10 Pro or Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to HOMEGROUP on Win 10 Pro or Home: Back in Win 7, I had my wife's Home PC networked to my Pro PC to share files, etc, through 'Homegroup'. I upgraded to Win 10 on both PCs and now cannot send files from one PC to another. I tried to 'join' Homegroup but I cannot remember the original password. If I...
  9. Homegroup sharing Win.7, to Win. 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup sharing Win.7, to Win. 10: Hello all, I am trying to share my files, mainly documents and pictures between my (3) laptops. On my 2 laptops running Windows 7 this is not a problem, but I am unable to share between Win. 7 and Win. 10. I can startup the homegroup, it will recognize the other device on...
  10. hope to upgrade to Win 10 Home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hope to upgrade to Win 10 Home 64 bit: Here is my situation, hopefully someone can advise: I upgraded Win 7 32 bit to Win 10 Home 32 bit with no problems, been running it for a while. Now I want to do a clean install. However, my hardware supports 64 bit, so I hope to upgrade to Win 10 Home 64 bit, and from...