Windows 10: why 'no internet connection' when I lock my screen?

Discus and support why 'no internet connection' when I lock my screen? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, I am facing a weird issue with wifi on my laptop having latest windows 10 Home Single Language version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165). I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sachin_Almighty, Jul 19, 2018.

1. why 'no internet connection' when I lock my screen?

hello,

I am facing a weird issue with wifi on my laptop having latest windows 10 Home Single Language version 1803 (OS Build 17134.165).

I'm using broadband, to which my laptop is always connected.

Whenever I lock my laptop or put it on sleep, I am not getting internet connectivity although Internet is working. I can use internet in mobile but no in laptop.

Every time I need follow either of this following steps when I face this issue:

1. Put Airplane mode on and then off

2. Disable wireless adapter and enable it

3. Uninstall wireless network driver and update it.

Why I am facing this problem?

What to do to get rid of this problem permanently?

:)

Sachin_Almighty, Jul 19, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    • Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

why 'no internet connection' when I lock my screen? [​IMG]
    • Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

why 'no internet connection' when I lock my screen? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 19, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 19, 2018
  4. why 'no internet connection' when I lock my screen?

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

why 'no internet connection' when I lock my screen?

1. why 'no internet connection' when I lock my screen? - Similar Threads - why 'no internet

2. why cannot i change my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cannot i change my lock screen?: this happened several weeks ago and I've tried many solutions.I even reset my device but it just simply did not work.when I try to change my lock screen wallpaper, it just goes grey in the display, and the loading sign as seen in the picture belowthis works if I choose...
  3. why cannot i change my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cannot i change my lock screen?: this happened several weeks ago and I've tried many solutions.I even reset my device but it just simply did not work.when I try to change my lock screen wallpaper, it just goes grey in the display, and the loading sign as seen in the picture belowthis works if I choose...
  4. Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?: Why is my lock screen showing Government Unclaimed Stimulus on it? I have all ads and notifications turned off. And I have a single picture selected for it. Yet this has shown up recently. I can't find where is has come from, why it is there, and how to remove it....
  5. Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?

Why am I seeing this on my lock screen?: Why is my lock screen showing Government Unclaimed Stimulus on it? I have all ads and notifications turned off. And I have a single picture selected for it. Yet this has shown up recently. I can't find where is has come from, why it is there, and how to remove it....
  6. Why is my lock screen not working?

Why is my lock screen not working?: I am not able to change my lock screen. Windows spotlight is working just fine, but I can't choose images of my choice and is stuck at that one picture I used months ago. To add to this, my slideshow was working "only" yesterday out of the blue, but has stopped working after...
  7. Why is my lock screen not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my lock screen not working?: I am not able to change my lock screen. Windows spotlight is working just fine, but I can't choose images of my choice and is stuck at that one picture I used months ago. To add to this, my slideshow was working "only" yesterday out of the blue, but has stopped working after...
  8. Why my wifi internet status changes to no internet, secured when I connect VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why my wifi internet status changes to no internet, secured when I connect VPN?: Why my WiFi internet status changes to no internet, secured when I connect VPN? [ATTACH] Second my WiFi icon changes to LAN connection icon, is that normal? What does it happen? [ATTACH] Just trying to understand this behavior of Windows...
  9. PC blue screens when I connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC blue screens when I connect to the internet: Whenever I connect to the internet, wired or wireless, my pc blue screens and gives me an error message system service expectation. When i try to reset my pc it crashes and gives the same message....
  10. Can’t connect to internet when in login screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t connect to internet when in login screen: After reseting my laptop because of the blue screen of death problem, I tried to login back to my laptop by putting my password in. But it says that is incorrect, then I found out that my computer is not connected to the Wi-fi even though before restarting, it did connect to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop screen locked without network connection