Windows 10: Why on Earth Would Chrome Have 22 Processes Running

Discus and support Why on Earth Would Chrome Have 22 Processes Running in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a habit of looking at task manager regularly when the computer is on particularly when I feel warm air coming out of the right hand side "mouse"... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by phaedruspress, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Why on Earth Would Chrome Have 22 Processes Running

I have a habit of looking at task manager regularly when the computer is on particularly when I feel warm air coming out of the right hand side "mouse" vent. When I looked just now I saw this?? At the most I have only ever seen 4 or 6 at a time. What the hell do you think that's all about : )

Chrome is up to date BTW.

Why on Earth Would Chrome Have 22 Processes Running [​IMG]

:)

phaedruspress, Jun 8, 2018

2. Google Earth is not running in Windows 10.

Hi Cassandra,

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you downloading Google Earth from Windows Store or browser?
    • If browser, which browser are you using to download Google Earth?
    • What is the message displayed on screen when downloading Google Earth?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Google Earth in compatibility mode.
    Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the Google Earth install and then check the functionality.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Why on Earth Would Chrome Have 22 Processes Running

1. Why on Earth Would Chrome Have 22 Processes Running - Similar Threads - Why Earth Chrome

2. Why are Google Chrome processes frequently suspended?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are Google Chrome processes frequently suspended?: I only run browsers in Windows 10 lately. The Chroma almost always stops working after some usage every time. Open the Task Manager, I can see that some of the Chrome processes and a SearchUI process are suspended. It is very troublesome. How to prevent this issue? Does...
  3. Why are Google Chrome processes frequently suspended?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are Google Chrome processes frequently suspended?: I only run browsers in Windows 10 lately. The Chroma almost always stops working after some usage every time. Open the Task Manager, I can see that some of the Chrome processes and a SearchUI process are suspended. It is very troublesome. How to prevent this issue? Does...
  4. Why are Google Chrome processes frequently suspended?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are Google Chrome processes frequently suspended?: I only run browsers in Windows 10 lately. The Chroma almost always stops working after some usage every time. Open the Task Manager, I can see that some of the Chrome processes and a SearchUI process are suspended. It is very troublesome. How to prevent this issue?...
  5. Why Do I Have 22 copies of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) in the Process List

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why Do I Have 22 copies of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) in the Process List: I have a 64 bit Dell computer. Looking at the Task Manager I have 22 copies of the process: Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) in the Process List. One of these processes is a "container" that has the "subprocess" Microsoft Edge Update Service (edgeupd... Can I just delete these...
  6. why would a person have trouble downloading google chrome if they have microsoft chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why would a person have trouble downloading google chrome if they have microsoft chrome: Why would a person be unable to download google chrome if they have Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-would-a-person-have-trouble-downloading-google/3f5049d4-6094-41a7-9c65-a5a748d0c789
  7. Why on earth would the default setting be to leave the number lock off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why on earth would the default setting be to leave the number lock off?: I can't imagine how few users do not want to just have the num lock on when the machine boots. Yet here we are. Amazing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-on-earth-would-the-default-setting-be-to-leave/b30ffd33-be88-4c89-b345-a21d888df47d
  8. Why do I have so many explorer processes running

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do I have so many explorer processes running: I often have a whole bunch of explorer processes running. I expect just one. Or maybe an extra one for each explorer window that I have opened. But right now I have none opened ... and yet there are eight explorer processes running. What's up with that? 115984
  9. Chrome GPU process?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome GPU process?: If GPU process is supposed to offload browser tasks to the GPU why does it consume so many CPU cycles? What is your understanding of Chrome's GPU process and do you enable or disable it? 110700
  10. Why would Chrome use my webcam?

in Browsers and Email
    Why would Chrome use my webcam?: The title of this post says it all. I use Kaspersky and I just received a notice for Kaspersky that Chrome is using my webcam. I'm not aware of any reason for this. Could someone please tell me the possibilities? Thank you....... 95451