Windows 10: Why putting off software upgrades can make things worse

Discus and support Why putting off software upgrades can make things worse in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," has been an aphorism that's been with us for a very long time. In many ways, it's been a guiding principle for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Why putting off software upgrades can make things worse

Read more: If it ain't broke, break it: Why putting off software upgrades can make things worse | ZDNet

Brink, Apr 28, 2016

2. So the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," principle still applies. it is now broken so fix it ........*chuckle

Maybe you just did not detect "broken components" early enough or ignored the signals ? *Wink

:)

Geoff Daniell, Apr 28, 2016
  3. KGMhyd Win User
    disgusted with new nokia lumia 625

The same I feel too.... Nokia Lumia 625 - an utter disappointment!!!!!! not worth even if u put in half the price of what it costs.... it's user-unfriendly & very limited features make it a turn-off!!! not to speak of it's hardware & software problems,
    it's worse - keeps hanging, need to switch off every now-n-then among other things.... its service center too, not useful!!! Very very disappointed and disgusted...

KGMhyd, Apr 28, 2016
  4. Why putting off software upgrades can make things worse

Ovi suite still sucks big time

What ovi suite WILL NOT do for you:

Import contacts from files on a computer

import m3u playlists

manage applications on phone

so why did they create this software again? To make things worse?

SamsungIsBetter, Apr 28, 2016
Thema:

Why putting off software upgrades can make things worse

1. Why putting off software upgrades can make things worse - Similar Threads - Why putting off

2. why my computer is not upgrading? why is it making error message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my computer is not upgrading? why is it making error message?: after years i open my computer i see the screen is whole black and at corner there is written this copy is not geniun. windows 7 build 7601. and after this i face another problems that i cannnot update my computer. it shows error and the code i tries many youtube vedio. but...
  3. Can somebody make this a thing????

in Cortana
    Can somebody make this a thing????: Siri can open websites JUST FINE why do we all the suden have to pin a site to our desktop for Cortana? some sites could be a one time use and we don't want to pin everything, fix this please???...
  4. Troubleshooted settings making things worse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooted settings making things worse: My built in microphone wasn't letting anybody hear me on xbox chat and some idiot on microsoft support told me my settings were fine and that i just needed to troubleshoot and fix it. When I did troubleshoot it it made it worse and now games like Fortnite and Rogue Company...
  5. Is there a way to have a folder be like a suggestion box? People can put things in, but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have a folder be like a suggestion box? People can put things in, but...: Title, just wondering if this is possible. submitted by /u/kodee2003 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l74nbp/is_there_a_way_to_have_a_folder_be_like_a/
  6. Upgrading software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading software: Hello, I want to upgrade my windows 10 to anniversary edition will my files be deleted ? and how to backup files ? and i don,t have any hardware for backing up files or software plzzzz help...
  7. Make things easy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make things easy: Spending a good chunk of your life using Start is way overrated; make the always-at-your-fingertips taskbar your focus... Tip #927: Pin Settings and This PC icons to the taskbar and make use of the Applications window Jumplist. [ATTACH] AND [ATTACH] -->[ATTACH] Cheers, Drew...
  8. Does Windows make my PC worse?

Does Windows make my PC worse?: I had a Windows update today. After the update I went into Minecraft and played a bit on Gomme and noticed that I had 60fps as usual but it was never short on 100fps as usual. So my laptop is getting worse with Windows updates? Or am I just imagining it? Macht Windows...
  9. trojans and things are getting worse

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    trojans and things are getting worse: My laptop has gone stupid I don't know what to do I log in then its bringing up all sorts of messages. I have windows 10 and its not verified and I try to log in with my Microsoft account and password but when it asks again to verify it wont let me. its telling me to use the...
  10. Software upgrade

Software upgrade: Currently I'm running on windows 10 pro 1803 version. If i want to upgrade it to 1903, how much data it takes ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-upgrade/1ee131f8-258e-4552-ba2c-bc73a3dc36aa