Windows 10: Why Remote Desktop wont turn on

Discus and support Why Remote Desktop wont turn on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having this weird issue The "Enable Remote Desktop" option wont turn on no matter what I do. [ATTACH] There's NO error messages, clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dexefd, Aug 28, 2018.

1. dexefd Win User

Why Remote Desktop wont turn on

I am having this weird issue

The "Enable Remote Desktop" option wont turn on no matter what I do.

Why Remote Desktop wont turn on fa63f52e-cab7-48a7-b36d-89b981b546df?upload=true.jpg

There's NO error messages, clicking "Confirm" does nothing. I checked EventViewer too, no logs.

Why Remote Desktop wont turn on 42c9ce92-bd16-4ac4-913e-268d742c7392?upload=true.jpg

Interestingly I can turn on this option, but I doesn't do much. Remote desktop still dont connect even if I am in the same network as the remote machine.

Why Remote Desktop wont turn on 924188e4-fa70-459f-ac66-7741a071a6b3?upload=true.jpg

How can I diagnose this issue?

:)

dexefd, Aug 28, 2018

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

Try the above, post back how it went.

Thema:

1. Why Remote Desktop wont turn on - Similar Threads - Why Remote Desktop

2. Can't turn on remote desktop service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on remote desktop service: I have a windows 10 pro and when I turn on Remote Desktop Service from the settings it says it's On but the service isn't started and the port isn't listening, even though when I try to start the service manually it says Error 126: Specified module not found, windows is...
  3. Can't turn on remote desktop service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn on remote desktop service: I have a windows 10 pro and when I turn on Remote Desktop Service from the settings it says it's On but the service isn't started and the port isn't listening, even though when I try to start the service manually it says Error 126: Specified module not found, windows is...
  4. Can't turn on remote desktop service

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remote Desktop wont run on single app kiosk mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop wont run on single app kiosk mode: Hi Team I have an issue on remote desktop app in single app kiosk mode, even the policy successfully applied and the application installed via Microsoft store the application wont run in kiosk mode. FYI. other executable app is working. I hope that you can help me with my...
  6. Remote desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop: My PC freezes when I am trying to copy and paste on the remote desktop using VPM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/9ad87e89-f004-4c05-9a9b-c7a9d94cf54b
  7. remote desktop

remote desktop: Cannot connect to remote desktop pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/63931850-567c-4fe0-a50e-206f9c9ec231
  8. Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop: What version of Windows 10 do I need to get a license for to be able to connect to work remotely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/34cd5035-ac89-414f-ac58-2b14550cb7ed"
  9. remote desktop

remote desktop: windows 10 no longer connects to remote xp computer on same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop/f46d2e85-7938-4abc-a751-04b842c31159
  10. Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop

Remote Desktop Freezes Running Remote Desktop: I recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 with a 4K UHD display. I frequently use remote desktop with my laptop to connect to a Windows 10 desktop system in my home. I've been doing this for years without a problem until I upgraded my laptop to a 4K UHD display....