Windows 10: Why some of my applications icon become smaller and eye-sore to see?

Discus and support Why some of my applications icon become smaller and eye-sore to see? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] [img] [img] Hi i'm just bought a XPS 13 with windows 10. But got some problems that some my applications view small icons. Can it be fixed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mhnaimy, Apr 20, 2016.

1. mhnaimy Win User

Why some of my applications icon become smaller and eye-sore to see?

Why some of my applications icon become smaller and eye-sore to see? [​IMG]

Hi i'm just bought a XPS 13 with windows 10.
    But got some problems that some my applications view small icons.
    Can it be fixed?
    Thanks

:)

mhnaimy, Apr 20, 2016

2. News on PR1.3 and MeeGo

:/ soz...it was such an eye-sore, it didnt even attempt to read it. Why some of my applications icon become smaller and eye-sore to see? :(

ceroberts75, Apr 20, 2016
  3. Some Windows icons become smaller while others remain the right size.

Update: it seems removing Winaero Tweakers effects does not solve the problem, even after restarting the explorer. This issue may stem from the ico file resolution, or a minor bug.

I look forward to your reply.

HadiKhan5518, Apr 20, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

This is because from what i see from these laptops that they are capable of UltraSharp™ QHD+ resolution (3200x1800)

Which will cause text and icons to appear smaller because of the higher resolution other then most standard resolutions like 1920x1080. I can see it just from the screen shots at the bottom, that you are in this resolution.
    You can try adjusting DPI Scaling to help with this, i have a similar issue with 2K Monitor at 2560x1400, i left mine scaling at recommended does not seem to bother me as much.

jds63, Apr 20, 2016
  5. mhnaimy Win User
    Thanks for great suggestion. But it doesn't seems to solve the problems. I've adjusted the DPI scaling as said but the icons in the application keep the same size.

Anyway thanks again.

mhnaimy, Apr 20, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    Because of the resolution i do not think you are going to be able to change that part in that particular software.
    Most will stay at the recommended DPI scaling, raising it will affect all other apps,text and other items.
    My affect with higher resolution is the same with certain programs like your issue, mostly non Microsoft programs.

You can check this, right click the shortcut or .exe file to the program in question and select Properties > Compatibility tab and make sure "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings " is unchecked. Although this corrects blurry text in Higher Resolution when checked will make icons and text smaller within the program. Your Welcome.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why some of my applications icon become smaller and eye-sore to see? - Similar Threads - Why applications icon

2. Some Icons appear smaller than others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Icons appear smaller than others.: Hello,I've been having this issue of having icon image size staying normal and then suddenly one day it decides to shrink or minimize itself.I've searched about it online but nothing fixed it for me.. I know it's not lower quality icons but still it refuses to go full Screen...
  3. Some Icons appear smaller than others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Icons appear smaller than others.: Hello,I've been having this issue of having icon image size staying normal and then suddenly one day it decides to shrink or minimize itself.I've searched about it online but nothing fixed it for me.. I know it's not lower quality icons but still it refuses to go full Screen...
  4. Some Icons appear smaller than others.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. my ssd become smaller after format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my ssd become smaller after format: Please help me to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ssd-become-smaller-after-format/cf566afa-0e75-410f-a0c4-0feb8d8d0448
  6. Some Icons On The Desktop Are Smaller Than Others

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some Icons On The Desktop Are Smaller Than Others: My Fortnite And Ultimate Custom Night Icons are smaller than the Others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-icons-on-the-desktop-are-smaller-than-others/5813698f-93dc-49a5-bc10-41b50d44a6cd
  7. Some custom desktop icons turn smaller.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some custom desktop icons turn smaller.: I don't know why but some of my icons randomly turned smaller. Anyone know how to fix this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-custom-desktop-icons-turn-smaller/93492c5b-3118-4083-a60e-7e9e58286d26
  8. Some system application icons are changing to the Irfanview icon. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some system application icons are changing to the Irfanview icon. Why?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FurToy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gigbx0/some_system_application_icons_are_changing_to_the/
  9. Everything on my desktop becomes smaller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything on my desktop becomes smaller: I connect my laptop to an external monitor, so I chose the option to keep my laptop running even if I close the lid of the laptop. The problem is that whenever I close the lid of my laptop, every single thing becomes smaller, google chrome, word, my taskbar, everything. This...
  10. Eyes from work on Microsoft surface loptop are sore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Eyes from work on Microsoft surface loptop are sore: Моя жена купила в ноутбуке Microsoft поверхность loptop. Глаза болят даже после длительного пребывания за компьютером. Что скажешь пожалуйста?...