Windows 10: Why The Apparent Double Download Of PDF's ?

Discus and support Why The Apparent Double Download Of PDF's ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; thank you very much for that. it fixed the problem. *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Apr 4, 2018.

1. abrogard Win User

Why The Apparent Double Download Of PDF's ?

thank you very much for that. it fixed the problem. *Smile

abrogard, Apr 4, 2018
  2. abrogard Win User

Probably I'm doing something wrong. Please tell me what.

I google for pdf documents and get some hits.
    I click on a link to 'open in new tab' and the pdf opens in new tab.

It takes time to download but when done it's all there apparently. I can click from page to page with greater speed than if it's sending all the pages down from the web all the time.

Or that's what it looks like to me.

But then if I want to keep it on my computer I have to click the 'download' on the pdf doc menu bar.

And then it downloads slowly again and saves as the doc name I gave it. So now I have it.

But it looks to me like I downloaded it twice.

The first time into RAM maybe.

The second time on the Hard Drive.

Is this what happens?
    Why must it be this way or must it not?

:)

abrogard, Apr 28, 2018
  3. RovyAU Win User
    Windows 10 not saving applications default setting

When I change the W10 settings to open by default any pdf file with Acrobat Reader, is ok for some time: the image of the icons change to adobe and when you double click the file is opened with Adobe Reader, but after the PC is switched on or even after
    certain time, it changes back to Edge as the default program to open pdf files without apparent reason, why? I have change the settings several times and W10 keeps changing it back to edge.

RovyAU, Apr 28, 2018
  4. Why The Apparent Double Download Of PDF's ?

Microsoft Print to PDF - Bloated file sizes

This is the only reason why I am still using Internet Explorer. Edge does not work with Adobe PDF as a printer and the Microsoft Print to PDF creates files that are at least double the size that Adobe creates.

I would rather use Edge but I won't until this is solved.

atmydesk!!!, Apr 28, 2018
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    In Firefox-based browsers, one can configure the options to view the pdf file in the browser in a 'new tab' or to simply download the file without viewing the file in the browser.

How do you have your browser settings configured for pdf's?

pyramid10, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

Why The Apparent Double Download Of PDF's ?

1. Why The Apparent Double Download Of PDF's ? - Similar Threads - Why Apparent Double

2. why are my downloads turning into html instead of pdf?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why are my downloads turning into html instead of pdf?: why are my downloads turning into html instead of pdf? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-downloads-turning-into-html-instead-of/f14777f6-8427-4c6b-ae49-096e9fe8db5c
  3. why are my downloads turning into html instead of pdf?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are my downloads turning into html instead of pdf?: why are my downloads turning into html instead of pdf? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-downloads-turning-into-html-instead-of/f14777f6-8427-4c6b-ae49-096e9fe8db5c
  4. why are my downloads turning into html instead of pdf?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pdf download :O

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pdf download :O: Does anyone know of a program or browser extension that will download all the .pdf documents off a website? There’s heaps of software out there but I’ve gone through about 10 so far and they either don’t work or don’t do exactly what I want. It maybe tricky as there’s...
  6. DOWNLOADING PDF EDITOR

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DOWNLOADING PDF EDITOR: when I tried to install PDF editor, Microsoft store is showing try again and even the website is showing me : Service Unavailable HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. how can this problem be solved? it is not related to the internet connection though I dont want to...
  7. The 1909 build upgrade is a double download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The 1909 build upgrade is a double download: Just got one KB and after rebooting was offered the Feature upgrade to 1909.. Seemed to install normally. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-1909-build-upgrade-is-a-double-download/e2bb4ed9-1706-46d1-bcca-d3abc3018197
  8. Retrieving a downloaded PDF

Retrieving a downloaded PDF: Using JAWS, what are the steps for retrieving a downloaded PDF file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-a-downloaded-pdf/f0cfc4ad-7585-407f-99d1-fb23438aee6e"
  9. How to download a PDF file.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to download a PDF file.: My default PDF programs is Nitro Pro 12. I need to know how to get statements from my bank onto my PC. I have done this for years on my Windows 7 PC. Normally on Windows 7, I open the file and drag the cursor over the screen and I get a popup that looks as this image:...
  10. Link to download PDF

Link to download PDF: * Merged * Original title: Link to download PDF Please advise if there is a link to download my PDF file to Procedure for Employers How to Post a Job at the bottom right of the homepage for my site www dot jobsgalore dot careers ? Send it to me asap or state your...