Windows 10: Why the <bleep> is MS forcing me to use a PIN?

Discus and support Why the is MS forcing me to use a PIN? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on a new (to me) laptop. It forced me to choose a PIN during installation, and absolutely would not let me cancel... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by imrazor, Jul 11, 2018.

1. imrazor Win User

Why the is MS forcing me to use a PIN?

I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on a new (to me) laptop. It forced me to choose a PIN during installation, and absolutely would not let me cancel PIN creation, though I tried many times. So I thought, OK, I'll just set up the stupid PIN and delete it after installation. I continued with the installation, and was prompted for the PIN at first boot.

I then logged in with the PIN, deleted the PIN, logged out, and got the familiar *password* screen, just as I wanted. But after logging in, once again I was forced to create a PIN, with no recourse.

How do I stop this insanity?

:)

imrazor, Jul 11, 2018
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Since recent update KB3200970 I cannot use nor setup a PIN to sign in and MS Office2016 disappeared

Thank you for the update. We suggest for you to reset the login PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start Menu and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Click on I Forget the PIN and follow the on screen instructions.

Update us with the result.

PreciousLeb, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Why the is MS forcing me to use a PIN?

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Why the is MS forcing me to use a PIN?

1. Why the is MS forcing me to use a PIN? - Similar Threads - Why <bleep> forcing

2. Why does windows force me to create this stupid **** pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows force me to create this stupid **** pin?: Then when I try to create it, I just get an error. THEN I go to log into other Microsoft apps and it asks for a pin that I don’t have. Seriously Microsoft, get it together....
  3. Why does windows force me to create this stupid **** pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does windows force me to create this stupid **** pin?: Then when I try to create it, I just get an error. THEN I go to log into other Microsoft apps and it asks for a pin that I don’t have. Seriously Microsoft, get it together....
  4. Why does windows force me to create this stupid **** pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???: SImple as the question asks. Could use pin or password now forces me to use pin since I logged in with microsoft account and isn't giving me option to use password WHICH IS ABSOLUTE **** **** MICROSOFT...
  6. WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???: SImple as the question asks. Could use pin or password now forces me to use pin since I logged in with microsoft account and isn't giving me option to use password WHICH IS ABSOLUTE **** **** MICROSOFT...
  7. WHY THE **** ARE YOU FORCING ME TO USE PIN TO LOG IN???

8. Why is Windows 11 forcing me to make a PIN?

Why is Windows 11 forcing me to make a PIN?: I am using vmware and testing family safety, and when i go to sign in, it's like "your account requires a pin" then I try again then it's like "Add a recovery account", then i have to add a code then it is saying "We couldn't add your pin" so i have to start over. Why, do you...
  9. Why is Windows 11 forcing me to make a PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 forcing me to make a PIN?: I am using vmware and testing family safety, and when i go to sign in, it's like "your account requires a pin" then I try again then it's like "Add a recovery account", then i have to add a code then it is saying "We couldn't add your pin" so i have to start over. Why, do you...
  10. Is MS forcing me to use Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Is MS forcing me to use Edge?: Well that may sound like a bit of paranoia.... I've been using Firefox for many years with very few problems. A few months back some regular websites I use didn't work properly but using Chrome on them got me going. So I thought rather than Chrome I'll try Brave for the few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone forcing me to use pin