Windows 10: Why the <bleep> is MS forcing me to use a PIN?

Discus and support Why the is MS forcing me to use a PIN? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on a new (to me) laptop. It forced me to choose a PIN during installation, and absolutely would not let me cancel... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by imrazor, Jul 11, 2018.

1. imrazor Win User

Why the is MS forcing me to use a PIN?

I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on a new (to me) laptop. It forced me to choose a PIN during installation, and absolutely would not let me cancel PIN creation, though I tried many times. So I thought, OK, I'll just set up the stupid PIN and delete it after installation. I continued with the installation, and was prompted for the PIN at first boot.

I then logged in with the PIN, deleted the PIN, logged out, and got the familiar *password* screen, just as I wanted. But after logging in, once again I was forced to create a PIN, with no recourse.

How do I stop this insanity?

:)

imrazor, Jul 11, 2018
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Since recent update KB3200970 I cannot use nor setup a PIN to sign in and MS Office2016 disappeared

Thank you for the update. We suggest for you to reset the login PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start Menu and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Click on I Forget the PIN and follow the on screen instructions.

Update us with the result.

PreciousLeb, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Why the is MS forcing me to use a PIN?

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Why the is MS forcing me to use a PIN?

1. Why the is MS forcing me to use a PIN? - Similar Threads - Why <bleep> forcing

2. Why am I being forced to change my PIN number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN number?: I am aware that this question has been previously asked, but it seems that this question was not fully answered. Since the password is only for logging into the computer itself, why does it appear that "my organization" required me to change my PIN number? I've only had my...
  3. Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again...

Why is it when I remove the PIN, after being forced, that it now FORCES me to set one again...: Its called "CX", Microsoft. I don't want to participate in your themepark ride. There is absolutely NO reason I should be forced to use a damned PIN when I've been using passwords for 20 years, which are MUCH MORE secure (I don't care what your articles attempt to say...
  4. My laptop not allowing me to use PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop not allowing me to use PIN: After entering my PIN to login, my computer (Surface Book) displays the message: "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Choose another sign-in option and set up your PIN again". (I entered my PIN correctly on first try, although this message is displayed regardless...
  5. Bug that forces me to start with a pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bug that forces me to start with a pin: What gives Microsoft the right to impose this obligatory ( because there is no way around it) pin nonsense. I have had windows 10 for a couple of years and it is a pain in the fundamental orifice, the way they just take over ones computer at any time to do an...
  6. Stop forcing us to use a dang pin.

Stop forcing us to use a dang pin.: Microsoft, Stop forcing us to use a dang pin. I DON'T EVER WANT TO USE IT, so stop forcing me to use one every single time I reboot my PC or every few times. How can I stop this from happening permanently its very very very annoying. I only want to use a password....
  7. Windows Hello REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN

Windows Hello REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN: I am beyond angry right now. I have 2 computers, one for work and one specifically for artwork. The one for artwork, my all-in-one MSI is the one I tried to sign into today with my password, however it's saying I have to create a PIN. I used to have one but it was useless...
  8. Windows REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN

Windows REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN: I am beyond angry right now. I have 2 computers, one for work and one specifically for artwork. The one for artwork, my all-in-one MSI is the one I tried to sign into today with my password, however it's saying I have to create a PIN. I used to have one but it was useless...
  9. Is it just me? being forced to use the default apps and antivirus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it just me? being forced to use the default apps and antivirus: Windows 10 home x86 upgrade from Win 7 1806 Switched it off yesterday and today my windows apps have gone missing, my AVG firewall is not operating and the store will not allow me to re-install missing apps, they download and then look like they roll back and fail. As...
  10. WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????: This system of updates with Windows 10 SUCKS. First, you don't give users any credit to choose to update on their own, and they take forEVER. This morning after updating, my laptop no longer recognizes my 24" monitor. Installing and reinstalling doesn't work, nor does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone forcing me to use pin