Windows 10: Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

Discus and support Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every other time I want to use the disc drive, Windows decides "NAW, YOU NEED TO REBOOT!!" because everytime the disc is inserted into the optical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brett McNaulty, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

Every other time I want to use the disc drive, Windows decides "NAW, YOU NEED TO REBOOT!!" because everytime the disc is inserted into the optical media drive, I get "Please put in another disc" then automatically ejects!!It does this every other time. No viruses. Nothing. Just does this whenever it wants to and will not choose to acknowledge discs until I reboot.Is this a stupid Windows 10 feature or something?

:)

Brett McNaulty, Dec 11, 2023
  2. L.C.S. Win User

external disc drive

I have an external disc drive which my laptop recognizes once plugged in. However upon selecting the external disc drive (D) and inserting a cd nothing happens and I cannot name the cd in the drive, open it or upload it. It's obvious that I'm missing
    something and require technical help. Anyone with a solution or suggestion? Thank you.

L.C.S., Dec 11, 2023
  3. No Drive C Disc error reapires at startup

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• For which drive are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • What error are you getting?
    • Are you referring to Disc drive or Hard drive?
    If it is a Drive partition of the hard drive let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Start and type This PC.
    • On top you can see file ribbon. Select a drive and Click on
      manage.
    • Select Optimize. Select the Drive which you want to optimize.
    • Click on analyze and click Optimize.
    • Restart the PC and check.
    Note: This might take a long time to analyze and optimize. So better keep the laptop plugged in to charger. If the laptop shuts down in between the process it may cause issues.

I would suggest you to install the pending updates logging into Microsoft account.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 11, 2023
  4. Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

Blu ray discs and drive not working on Windows 10

We appreciate the additional information. We recommend uninstalling the driver for your external CD/DVD disc players and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Disk drives to expand the list.
    • Right-click your external CD/DVD USB device, then click
      Properties
    • Go to Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Reboot your computer.
    If the issue still persists, we recommend trying another Blu ray disc to help isolate if the issue is with the CD.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Dec 11, 2023
Thema:

Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

1. Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?! - Similar Threads - Why **** does

2. Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?: So I have a HP Victor gaming laptop that I've had for about 5 months and never had any issues with it up until about a week or so ago. It just started to reboot out of nowhere whether im just browsing chrome or playing a game, anything really. And I've done quite literally...
  3. Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?: So I have a HP Victor gaming laptop that I've had for about 5 months and never had any issues with it up until about a week or so ago. It just started to reboot out of nowhere whether im just browsing chrome or playing a game, anything really. And I've done quite literally...
  4. Why does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!: Every other time I want to use the disc drive, Windows decides "NAW, YOU NEED TO REBOOT!!" because everytime the disc is inserted into the optical media drive, I get "Please put in another disc" then automatically ejects!!It does this every other time. No viruses. Nothing....
  5. Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!: Every other time I want to use the disc drive, Windows decides "NAW, YOU NEED TO REBOOT!!" because everytime the disc is inserted into the optical media drive, I get "Please put in another disc" then automatically ejects!!It does this every other time. No viruses. Nothing....
  6. Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the **** does my disc drive keep requiring a reboot?!: Every other time I want to use the disc drive, Windows decides "NAW, YOU NEED TO REBOOT!!" because everytime the disc is inserted into the optical media drive, I get "Please put in another disc" then automatically ejects!!It does this every other time. No viruses. Nothing....
  7. Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?: I have a laptop (Windows 10 Pro, WiFi) and a desktop (Windows 10 Home, wired). The desktop mounts the C: drive of the laptop as a share, known as Z: This share stays around. No problems. The laptop mounts the C: drive of the desktop as a share, known as P: This share drops...
  8. Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?: I have a laptop (Windows 10 Pro, WiFi) and a desktop (Windows 10 Home, wired). The desktop mounts the C: drive of the laptop as a share, known as Z: This share stays around. No problems. The laptop mounts the C: drive of the desktop as a share, known as P: This share drops...
  9. Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Support
  10. Why does parental controls require rebooting?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why does parental controls require rebooting?: My kid has Windows 10. When i turn off screen time his computer locks him out correctly. But when I turn it back in again, no matter how many times he tries to log in, and even if i do, it doesn’t work until we reboot his PC. This is EXTREMELY inconvenient....