Windows 10: Why the shortcut shield will not removed in Windows 10 (14393)?

Discus and support Why the shortcut shield will not removed in Windows 10 (14393)? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can remove the Desktop shortcut shield in Windows 10 using the method below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yxq, Aug 30, 2016.

1. YXQ
    yxq Win User

Why the shortcut shield will not removed in Windows 10 (14393)?

I can remove the Desktop shortcut shield in Windows 10 using the method below
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons
    Set the value
    77 = %systemroot%\system32\imageres.dll,197

But when i updated my Windows 10 to the latest version (14393), the short shield will not be removed!

:)

2. MKE Drake Win User

UAC Shield

How do I remove the UAC Shield from my Icons, while still keeping Administrator Privileges? I know what the Blue and Gold Shield represents. I know how to remove it from a shortcut if I remove the Administrator Privileges. I want to keep Privileges active
    but remove the Shield. Is this possible? Do I need to remove or disable UAC to accomplish this?

MKE Drake, Aug 30, 2016
  3. vpn app not work on windows 10 mobile anniversary update

When my lumia 550 upgraded to windows 10 anniversary update (build 14393), VPN app like hotspot shield, touch VPN,.. cannot establish VPN connection. What is the problem?

***Post moved by moderator to the appropriate category.***

nguyen hai minh, Aug 30, 2016
  4. Private Win User

The resource label might have been changed, extract imageres.dll to see the exact.

Private, Aug 30, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 30, 2016
  6. YXQ
    yxq Win User
    I mean the shortcut yellow/blue shield overlay, the remove shortcut arrow overlay (29 = %systemroot%\system32\imageres.dll,197) working well! thank you.

7. shimshom Win User
    shimshom, Aug 31, 2016
  8. YXQ
    yxq Win User

I found this way is available also, after set the "77 = %systemroot%\system32\imageres.dll,197", do not know when the shield icon missing... thank you.

Thema:

1. Why the shortcut shield will not removed in Windows 10 (14393)? - Similar Threads - Why shortcut shield

2. Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons: This is not in as much, a question. It's a solution that worked for me in Windows 11. I had a few programs that I created shortcut for and added Admin privileges to. I wanted to remove the admin privileges, so I right-clicked and on the "Compatibility Tab", I unchecked "Run...
  3. Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons: This is not in as much, a question. It's a solution that worked for me in Windows 11. I had a few programs that I created shortcut for and added Admin privileges to. I wanted to remove the admin privileges, so I right-clicked and on the "Compatibility Tab", I unchecked "Run...
  4. Removing UAC shield from shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON: Searched Google, then due to the lock ofhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-uac-shield-icon-overlay/8490d128-6831-4b5a-a6db-7f289c6af435So i create a new discussion:There is a REG key in...
  6. Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of UAC SHIELD ICON: Searched Google, then due to the lock ofhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-uac-shield-icon-overlay/8490d128-6831-4b5a-a6db-7f289c6af435So i create a new discussion:There is a REG key in...
  7. How to remove blue and yellow shield from an icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove blue and yellow shield from an icon in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you notice an application icon or system icon with a blue and yellow shield (Icon overlay) at the corner, it means that the applications need to run with administrator privileges. When you run such an application, you will get [...] This post How to...
  8. Windows 10 build 14393

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 build 14393: I've been trying to update a laptop at work that is currently on build 14393 to the current. It just blue screens and then reverts to a working version. It won't pull WSUS updates until it's current. I've tried all the crap suggested in this article...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade Build 14393

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade Build 14393: when trying this upgrade I receive, "C++ runtime error; Program C:\windows... BT\Sources\SetupPlatform.exe". I reply OK and it reverts back to Windows 10 before the upgrade. 65042
  10. Macrium 7.1 free shield on program icon/shortcut

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium 7.1 free shield on program icon/shortcut: I finally uninstalled Macrium v6 free and downloaded v7.1 free. Bit of drama installing it as it kept quitting until i unchecked 'log' whilst installing. Question is the program icon in the macrium folder plus the desktop shortcut have blue and yellow shied icon overlay...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is there a shield on my desktop shortcut

2. Remove shortcut shield overlay in Windows 10

3. Why did a shield show on shortcut icons with windows 10?

4. why is the windows shield on my shortcuts