Windows 10: why this picture in this folder Windows\Notifications\wpnidm?

Discus and support why this picture in this folder Windows\Notifications\wpnidm? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi using xyplorer free version i have found tons of photos here C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpnidm i have delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drugo, Dec 27, 2017.

1. drugo Win User

why this picture in this folder Windows\Notifications\wpnidm?

hi
    using xyplorer free version i have found tons of photos here
    C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpnidm

i have delete them all
    frome where do they come?
    can i stop to fill this folder of image files?
    thanks

:)

drugo, Dec 27, 2017

2. why has this folder appeared in my user data please?

Hello,

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if it occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select
      Family and other users
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Please get back to us with the results.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 27, 2017
  3. jaduk Win User
    why has this folder appeared in my user data please?

C:\Users\(myname)

no not made any changes, scanned with norton and malwarebytes

jaduk, Dec 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 27, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    "Note those images appear related to a database, so simply deleting the images may not be wise."

I have about 300 in mine but I recognize half of them as coming from my NFL Store app live tile.

mrgeek, Dec 27, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    I have 75 in mine, and all of them are at least 10 months old. Theses are the images used for the live tiles on Start. I normally have all my live tiles turned off, but as a test I've just turned on live tile for News. Sure enough, three new images appeared in my %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpnidm folder, each of which are shown in the News live tile.

7. Bree New Member
    Yes. Turn off Live Tile for every app's tile on Start.

8. mrgeek Win User

"Yes. Turn off Live Tile for every app's tile on Start."

I think this should solve the Mystery.

mrgeek, Dec 27, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    I use Classic Shell. So I looked in that folder and saw only 6 pictures or so.

YET the following is an alternate, advanced option, that is probably not recommended (in a scenario like this) if you use the Windows 10 Start:
    • Blocking that folder's permissions from any account to write to it, and only enabling your account name to "Read" whatever is in that folder. This implies that the computer, or even yourself, are not allowed to create any files in that folder. Yet, when you double click on the folder, you can still open it and see what's in there.

why this picture in this folder Windows\Notifications\wpnidm? [​IMG]

pepanee, Dec 27, 2017
  10. drugo Win User
    hi
    first thank to you all , i tried to search for it , but i tried to search in my native language withou luck
    i tried in english too
    i have deleted them all , i guess they were 500 or more
    hope the did not create a problem ,does somebody know if it dangerous deleting them, i know i did it
    but i have an image of 2 weeks ago

drugo, Dec 27, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
  12. drugo Win User
    hi
    it's a good idea , could i try it
    by the way nice desktop!

drugo, Dec 27, 2017
  13. pepanee Win User

Thanks! I have many pictures for my Desktop, there's a slideshow of many good images =)

I am not too sure about how your Windows 10 Start will remember the pictures if we delete all the pictures from that folder and block it from seeing if there's pictures or not. I don't recommend doing that really.

Edit. Try Bree's idea first.

See what happens if you do this:
    1) Rename wpnidm to wpnidm1
    2) Restart the computer
    3) Press Start
    4) Does everything look normal?

pepanee, Dec 27, 2017
  14. I have 1 (count it: one) in mine. I have all tiles turned off.

pokeefe0001, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. why this picture in this folder Windows\Notifications\wpnidm? - Similar Threads - why picture folder

2. Picture Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture Folders: I'm having a problem with my picture folders. I used to be able to open a folder or sub folder and the thumbnails of other pictures in that folder would display along the bottom. It no longer does that. So now I'm unable to perform comparison or do collages. Any thoughts as...
  3. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  4. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  5. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Why Two different folders named Pictures?

Why Two different folders named Pictures?: I have recently found that my computer had created two different folders with the same name "Pictures". Both are on my D: drive which is my data drive where I keep data and my C: drive is my SSD.One folder is found at D:\Pictures and the other one is D:\niaga\Pictures. They...
  7. Pictures in Pictures folder

Pictures in Pictures folder: The pictures in my pictures folder are downloaded to my hard drive, but today I looked in the folder and they were gone. It could be a OneDrive thing or the fact that i imported photos with the photos app last night. I would like to get my pictures back....
  8. Picture Folder

Picture Folder: When I upload some photos from my phone all I get is that they were uploaded but I can't view them and just says "We can't open this file." How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folder/adf8efee-979e-4790-b789-8133c95068df"
  9. Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures folders: How can I change control of pictures folder from one drive to this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-folders/be7591b8-795e-4a35-9824-59cd3d8198a8
  10. Pictures folder

Pictures folder: Somehow my "Pictures" folder has renamed itself to "Favorites". When I look at properties though it still shows "pictures". I cannot rename it either. Wondering how & why this happened??? I am using Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wpnidm

2. wpnidm folder

3. why is my one drive photos getting filled up with wpnidm images

4. what does the folder wpnidm contain,
  5. what are Local/Microsoft/Windows/Notifications/wpnidm,
  6. appdata local microsoft windows notifications wpnidm