Windows 10: Why two Download folders?

Discus and support Why two Download folders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm curious to know why, since I'm the sole user and administrator on my pc, there are doubles of some folders/files/ For example, in File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by llanita, Sep 3, 2015.

1. llanita Win User

Why two Download folders?

Hi, I'm curious to know why, since I'm the sole user and administrator on my pc, there are doubles of some folders/files/
    For example, in File Explorer, there are folders under my user name, and then there are the exact same folders in This PC.
    Aren't they just taking up more space? Can't I delete one of each?

:)

llanita, Sep 3, 2015

2. New puzzles not downloading

I used coins that I collected to purchase/download two more puzzle packs, but they will not download. Why take the coins if we cannot have new puzzles? Why show that there are new ones if we are not allowed to play them?

SherryKorolyk, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Ovi Store ringtones

Nope...not in those two folders. That's why I'm stumped. Has anyone not download anything from Nokia Store? Where does the download go?

Immortal25, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 3, 2015
  5. llanita Win User
    Thanks. Just what I needed. I Appreciate it. Why two Download folders? :)

llanita, Sep 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Sep 3, 2015
  7. llanita Win User
    Hi Brink, I followed the directions on that link you gave me, but by removing one of the folders from This Pc, it also removed it from my user folder, and that's not what I wanted.
    I just don't want to have duplicates of so many things taking up space. I did the removal of the Video folder from This PC, thinking it would stay in my user folder, but it was removed from both places.

Ah well. It was worth a shot. Thanks for your time and help. *Biggrin

llanita, Sep 3, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why two Download folders? - Similar Threads - Why Download folders

2. Two documents folder but no download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two documents folder but no download folder: Two documents folder but no download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-documents-folder-but-no-download-folder/49c1a334-0edf-4b92-97fe-88facca6347d
  3. Two documents folder but no download folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two documents folder but no download folder: Two documents folder but no download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-documents-folder-but-no-download-folder/49c1a334-0edf-4b92-97fe-88facca6347d
  4. Two documents folder but no download folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Two Downloads folder appearing in my PC.

Two Downloads folder appearing in my PC.: As you can see there is a OneDrive Folder along with other Default folders, Let me show it a little clearer.Now. I did something, I forgot how I did it that's the problem, in an attempt to save the backups of the downloaded files to onedrive, I seem to have changed the...
  6. Two Downloads folder appearing in my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Downloads folder appearing in my PC.: As you can see there is a OneDrive Folder along with other Default folders, Let me show it a little clearer.Now. I did something, I forgot how I did it that's the problem, in an attempt to save the backups of the downloaded files to onedrive, I seem to have changed the...
  7. Two Downloads folder appearing in my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Why Two different folders named Pictures?

Why Two different folders named Pictures?: I have recently found that my computer had created two different folders with the same name "Pictures". Both are on my D: drive which is my data drive where I keep data and my C: drive is my SSD.One folder is found at D:\Pictures and the other one is D:\niaga\Pictures. They...
  9. Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads folder missing from This PC, two folders with download arrow: I accidentally moved my downloads to the wrong folder. I managed to sort that out but I created an odd situation. I have 2 folders with download arrow icons, one named mgran and one named Downloads. The Quick Access is pointing to the correct Downloads, the other is my...
  10. Documents Folder/Downloads/Favorites - Two Lines??

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder/Downloads/Favorites - Two Lines??: It was fine until recently (no idea, unless there was an update this week?), but look at this? It looks crap. It no longer appears as just one straight word, but goes into two lines. Like it is too big just for one word. Any way of correcting this? [img] 97024