Windows 10: why update of windo 10 is failing

Discus and support why update of windo 10 is failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to updade free vergen offered by you several times ,somehow it is failing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HanmantraoDesai, Jul 14, 2018.

1. why update of windo 10 is failing

I have been trying to updade free vergen offered by you several times ,somehow it is failing

:)

HanmantraoDesai, Jul 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 14, 2018
  3. pedhambe Win User
    Windos 10 states that update KB4034674 failed

Windos 10 states that update KB4034674 failed, but doesn't show how to have it try again. I downloaded the Windows 10 update trouble-shooter and it fixed several issues.

pedhambe, Jul 14, 2018
  4. why update of windo 10 is failing

windos 10 update fail

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

With the issue description, I understand that you are facing issues while installing Windows updates on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you in getting this fixed.

I would like to tell you that this issue might be occurring because of some corruption in program/system files. Let’s follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter

Try to run the Windows update troubleshooter, it will detect and resolve the most common issues with the Windows updates. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows + X”, open
                      Control Panel

• In view all control panel items, open
                      Troubleshooting

• Click on view all in the left pane

• Run Windows Update troubleshooter

Now try to initiate the installation of Windows 10 operating system again. Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: Reset Windows Update components

If the issue is with the Windows update components, this method will resolve the issue by repairing all the components associated with it. Click on the link below and follow the article on the same.

Manually reset Windows Updates components

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

This article is good for Windows 10 operating system.

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

why update of windo 10 is failing

1. why update of windo 10 is failing - Similar Threads - why update windo

2. windos 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windos 10: i had windows ten on my computer when i brought it but i had to replace my motherboard and now my computer has gone to window 8. how came i get windows 10 back as i think it was a free upgrade they did when i drought it. i done seem to have a key code on my tower....
  3. windos 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windos 10: i had windows ten on my computer when i brought it but i had to replace my motherboard and now my computer has gone to window 8. how came i get windows 10 back as i think it was a free upgrade they did when i drought it. i done seem to have a key code on my tower....
  4. windos 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. update on windos 10 version 1903

update on windos 10 version 1903: my update is stuck in 100% what will i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-on-windos-10-version-1903/4e05c714-26fa-4dd9-9bc8-ac850d74b19c
  6. Windos 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windos 10: Hi guys Grateful for your advice or help to sort out my little problem. Everything was fine but few days ago I don't really know what happened , every time I switch on my laptop I keep getting the same picture. I tried to remove it but not successful. I will appreciate any...
  7. windoe is not update

windoe is not update: windoe is not update and show the window update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windoe-is-not-update/6ef87cb1-ed66-4586-8a82-41b867766e27
  8. windos 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windos 10: ms word is free include in windows10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windos-10/b0b5e27f-eb8f-45c3-81dd-46a0ee83a241"
  9. Windos 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windos 10 update: Hi Team- My PC accepted an Update Window 10 last week. I've had tons of errors and worked my way through most of them. I reset my PC- Reinstalled the programs I need. However, I still have a GREEN screen when I wake up my PC. Once Microsoft starts and asks for my password...
  10. Windoes 10 upgrade

Windoes 10 upgrade: following a windows 10 upgrade via the internet I am unable to get past the Select Keyboard screen making the computer completely inoperable. how do I get round this? Thanks Graham...