Windows 10: Why wasn't Edge browser made 100% working before releasing it?

Discus and support Why wasn't Edge browser made 100% working before releasing it? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Attachments in gmails won't attach....certain webpages buttons pressed and nothing happens....some sites that require 3rd party plug ins won't... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by guitz, Dec 18, 2016.

1. guitz Win User

Why wasn't Edge browser made 100% working before releasing it?

Attachments in gmails won't attach....certain webpages buttons pressed and nothing happens....some sites that require 3rd party plug ins won't run....sometimes it locks up and clicking anything in the browser gives does nothing, then switch to Chrome and everythings AOK....the list goes on.....Why did MS release this without getting it 'consumer ready' , so to speak? It's so terrible, I have to bail out to Chrome frequently just to get an email attachment sent,etc.

:)

guitz, Dec 18, 2016

2. In Windows 10 does Microsoft Family block adult content in Chrome?

Confirmed. I just reset five different computers because Family Safety wasn't working. Turns out it does work, but only when using Edge browser now. It 100% used to filter content on Google Chrome. I really find this to be unacceptable.

JoelDJones, Dec 18, 2016
  3. Browsers goes up to 2500 MB of memory!

Microsoft didn't do this, it's normal.

Chrome in fact just released another browser update that intentionally makes it use even more memory than before. See

Why Chrome Uses So Much RAM
    or Chrome 63 is more secure than ever --
    and uses even more memory than ever before
    . Edge and other browsers are doing the same thing. It's not "bloat", it's an intentional design made to make your browser run faster, which requires more memory.

--

Memory is meant to be used, and these programs are leveraging it as much as they can to improve your experience.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 18, 2016
  4. Asuza Win User

I don't like it too personally. It was not until March with the Redstone build 14291 that Edge got extension support. And you had to be a Windows Insider too, so the mainstream PC's did not even get it.

I will never browse the web again without Ghostery and uBlock Origin so Internet Explorer / Edge was always a no-go for me. I really hate ads haha. Currently I'm using Opera and I'm loving the "continue where you left off" feature. I can go back and back to previous visited webpages even after a system reboot. And the fact that Opera creates a new process for every tab and allocates ram per tab.

Asuza, Dec 18, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    There's nothing 100% when software is concerned.

CountMike, Dec 19, 2016
  6. Totally agree fully with you when IE first came out if I remember well that came out in beta at first so did a lot of the anti viruses

hTconeM9user, Dec 19, 2016
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    ALL non trivial software has bugs and a modern browser is anything but trivial. If Microsoft were to wait until all bugs were fixed before releasing a product it would never be released. Newer software such as Edge will have more bugs because there has been less time to fix them. That is the nature of software development.

I understand that NASA has special procedures that greatly reduce software bugs, but doesn't totally eliminate them. But the cost would be prohibitive for any software company. NASA can afford to do it because software costs are only a small part of the total project.

LMiller7, Dec 19, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

And even than the put multiple redundant computers everywhere. Wander if they are still running that 9 segment Cray computer in Operations.

CountMike, Dec 19, 2016
  9. torre Win User
    Edge is in development like the entire Win10 OS. As mentioned above, the Insider Builds continue to improve Edge.

(disclaimer: I do not use Edge as default browser)

torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why wasn't Edge browser made 100% working before releasing it? - Similar Threads - Why wasn't Edge

2. Print to Scale < 100% Not Working in Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print to Scale < 100% Not Working in Edge Browser: I am an avid eBay seller and in the last few days, I have noticed that when I try to print my paper labels for shipping, the Print to Scale feature no longer works if I select a value less than 100% when trying to print using the Edge browser. It DOES work if enlarge over...
  3. Print to Scale < 100% Not Working in Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print to Scale < 100% Not Working in Edge Browser: I am an avid eBay seller and in the last few days, I have noticed that when I try to print my paper labels for shipping, the Print to Scale feature no longer works if I select a value less than 100% when trying to print using the Edge browser. It DOES work if enlarge over...
  4. Edge browser is not working

in Cortana
    Edge browser is not working: I can't open my Edge browser however Chrome and Firefox works well , how can I rectify this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-is-not-working/f025f59b-84ab-416a-a65b-bd74e3d134b5
  5. Edge browser is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge browser is not working: I can't open my Edge browser however Chrome and Firefox works well , how can I rectify this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-is-not-working/f025f59b-84ab-416a-a65b-bd74e3d134b5
  6. Edge browser is not working

7. Why wasn't the draft saved?

Why wasn't the draft saved?: My Internet was out yesterday. Hoping that it wouldn't take but an hour or two to fix, I typed an email with some details I could remember but wanted to save in case I forgot. I had tried Word but was told I'd have to sign in obviously that wouldn't work. I realized my emails...
  8. Edge browser not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge browser not working: My PC installed the new Edge browser last night. So when i turned it on today I had it. When I tried to open the Google Keep website it opened it and then just completely froze and i couldn't use the website at all. It eventually glossed over the page and officially froze and...
  9. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  10. Why has Microsoft 2019 June update Made not using Edge browser black out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why has Microsoft 2019 June update Made not using Edge browser black out: Hello I have sent a lot of feedback to windows 10 about how watching Netflix or Youtube in a browser other than Microsoft Edge the screen blacks out when going to full screen and back again. This does not happen in Microsoft Edge. It is very annoying than they are still...