Windows 10: Why when clicking network in file manager, a slow moving green bar

Discus and support Why when clicking network in file manager, a slow moving green bar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Green bar moves across the top and I get nothing? It is super annoying! I have 3 network shares, and I was able to link to them in windows 10 using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sdowney717, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Why when clicking network in file manager, a slow moving green bar

Green bar moves across the top and I get nothing?
    It is super annoying!
    I have 3 network shares, and I was able to link to them in windows 10 using some other way, like connect to, map a server in the filemanager, and they instantly appeared.

Yet I cannot explore the network itself from file manager?

:)

sdowney717, Aug 31, 2017
  2. tznal Win User

Control Panel | Devices and Printers

Ever since moving to Windows 10, when I go to Control Panel to open Devices and Printers, it seems to take forever to open. I get the green progress indicator moving across the screen but it moves more slowly the farther it goes. We are on a network at
    home, and my internet speed is usually between 70 - 100 MB/sec so I don't think it is the speed of the network, but .... I used to be able to pin the Devices & Printers to the task bar, but that doesn't seem to work any more either. Why is this so slow?

Is there a way to speed up the ultimate display of devices and printers on the system and/or pin just that portion of the Control Panel to the task bar?

tznal, Aug 31, 2017
  3. window 10 file explorer running slow. it takes years to fully load a folder.

Yes, it seems on my computer to be related to the fact that I am networked and it looks for network resources out on the network and times out when it does not find them. Also, if printers are not on, it will try and retry to connect to them and eventually
    time out.

Douglas KBatchelder, Aug 31, 2017
  4. Why when clicking network in file manager, a slow moving green bar

It has been 45 minutes now and the green bar has filled up all the way and is still flashing across, and nothing, no error, no results.

sdowney717, Aug 31, 2017
  5. I found it actually does finally complete, after about 2 hours.
    And then it displays a share, a picture folder from my other PC.

That is odd that it takes so long. If I map a network drive, the various shares to map appear instantly in the selection box.
    So what is going on here?

sdowney717, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why when clicking network in file manager, a slow moving green bar

1. Why when clicking network in file manager, a slow moving green bar - Similar Threads - Why clicking network

2. GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER: WHY AM I FORCED TO WATCH THIS GODDAMNED THING EVERY TIME I CHANGE FOLDERS? OLDER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS DIDN'T DO THIS. WHY DO YOU FOOLS KEEP WEARING ON OUR NERVES WITH YOU IMPROVEMENTS. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH WINDOWS 95. EVERY CHANBGE YOU ASSHJOLES HAVE MADE SINCE THEN...
  3. Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file: Let's say I have 1000 files in a folder. These files are folders holding various things. In list mode, these folders would be arranged in any number of columns, depending on the scale of the window. Now let's say that my window with these files in it is smaller because I...
  4. Windows 10 file explorer slow/green bar

Windows 10 file explorer slow/green bar: I recently upgraded to windows 10 20H2. I had a number of issues after this upgrade including, but not limited to, a black flickering screen, that could only be resolved by a reboot. I used the option to revert to the previous version on windows 10 and am now on windows 10...
  5. File Explorer Slow Loading Green Bar - Real solution finally found

File Explorer Slow Loading Green Bar - Real solution finally found: Since microsoft, after untold years, still can't explain or fix this idiotic failure, I finally found a solution. Trust me, all the index tweaks, etc etc etc don't work. I tried everything, exhaustively. You just need to dump POS file explorer. There's a program called...
  6. File manager is broken. Says 'working on it' Green bar, no files.

in Windows 10 Support
    File manager is broken. Says 'working on it' Green bar, no files.: Wife says she has to walk away and leave it, and it may eventually show files. It does not list any directories at all on the left pane. So how to fix, and if not fixable, is there an alternate file manager? 93159
  7. Green progress bar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Green progress bar in File Explorer: I don't remember how or when I made a change in File Explorer, but each time I call it up now, I get a slow moving progress bar in the bar where it identifies the location. I noticed there in the search bar it shows where it is going: "search (J:) Jack" as an example. How...
  8. Why "green line" slow with File Explorer searching?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why "green line" slow with File Explorer searching?: Can't remember what I did when tweaking indexing. But now I note that when I search on iExplorer, I've got to wait a rather long time for the green line to complete its course before the search is completed. Now, I generally do use and have been using Everything for my...
  9. Win10 Explorer search has that slow green bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Explorer search has that slow green bar: I use the WindowsKey-E to bring up File Explorer (FE). I want to search for something in indexed locations. FE comes up with "This PC" in the "where to search" bar. That's fine... that's what I want. When I type something in, I get the slow green bar coming across. I don't...
  10. Windows explorer very slow (green bar)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer very slow (green bar): My windows explorer used to be very fast. Then I tried to decompress a zip file, and cancel it. Now it is very slow. symptoms: -When I press (Windows)+E nothing happens until some minutes later (before it opened winosw explorer instantly) -when explorer is open I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. m0ving green bar