Windows 10: why when do I use a custom wallpaper it does mess up the originals?

Discus and support why when do I use a custom wallpaper it does mess up the originals? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi i have used some custom wallpaper, but when i want to use the default wallpapers ,i can't find anymore why? thanks Merry Christmas 73237 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by drugo, Dec 23, 2016.

1. drugo Win User

why when do I use a custom wallpaper it does mess up the originals?

Hi

i have used some custom wallpaper, but when i want to use the default wallpapers ,i can't find anymore
    why?
    thanks
    Merry Christmas

:)

drugo, Dec 23, 2016

2. My Pc Won't Save My Personalisation Settings

Hi, I have been using my PC and I've setup a wallpaper and a custom accent Colour but every time I turn it on they change back to the original wallpaper and colours. Does anyone know why it's doing this / how I can fix this

LeoBroadbent, Dec 23, 2016
  3. Why does my Win8.1 phone sometimes mess up when I'm on Facebook in IE?

Why sometimes on my Nokia Lumia 635 Windows 8.1 phone, after I hold a link on Facebook News Feed and pick Open In New Tab, it starts to open a new tab for a few seconds but then that goes away and it is just goes back to the Facebook page that I'd
    been & reloading that Facebook News Feed page? Sometimes it even jumps out of IE entirely, closes that tab and I suddenly find myself on the home page of my phone looking at all of the tiles.

Sometimes it even does this when I haven't done anything. I just suddenly find myself bailing out of IE.

I don't ever use the Facebook APP.

Jeff A. Davis, Dec 23, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello drugo, *Smile

You'll find the included background images in Windows 10 inside the folders in the "C:\Windows\Web" folder.

Brink, Dec 23, 2016
  5. drugo Win User
    ahhh , thanks Sir Brink!!
    by the way they could make easier to find them ,like w8.1 or 7

drugo, Dec 23, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome.

It is the same location though. *Wink

Brink, Dec 23, 2016
  7. drugo Win User
    Hi Brink
    is a good idea save my wallpapers C:\Windows\Web or keep in my documents ->image -> .... ?
    thanks

drugo, Dec 23, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You can keep your images saved where you like for easy access. It doesn't matter. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. why when do I use a custom wallpaper it does mess up the originals? - Similar Threads - why custom wallpaper

2. Why does Media Player Legacy mess up when burning CDs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Media Player Legacy mess up when burning CDs?: I have used Windows Media Player Legacy to burn music in audio form into CDs, I did it the same way multiple times, the CDs turned out fine, they can be played on any player. Today I tried to burn another one, but when the the writing was finished nothing appeared on the CD,...
  3. Why does Media Player Legacy mess up when burning CDs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Media Player Legacy mess up when burning CDs?: I have used Windows Media Player Legacy to burn music in audio form into CDs, I did it the same way multiple times, the CDs turned out fine, they can be played on any player. Today I tried to burn another one, but when the the writing was finished nothing appeared on the CD,...
  4. custom scaling messed up my display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    custom scaling messed up my display: I have some eyesight problems, and therefore I changed the custom scaling in win11 although not recommended and now my icons are very far apart and very small. How do I reset this?I tried to get back to original custom scaling and text size but it just gets worse !...
  5. custom scaling messed up my display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    custom scaling messed up my display: I have some eyesight problems, and therefore I changed the custom scaling in win11 although not recommended and now my icons are very far apart and very small. How do I reset this?I tried to get back to original custom scaling and text size but it just gets worse !...
  6. What does the "Use original boot configuration" do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does the "Use original boot configuration" do?: Under "General" in System Configuration, It is unticked by default to me.I want to know what it does and if I should enable it or leave it as is.Here is the image....
  7. Why does everything freeze when I do this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does everything freeze when I do this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gNatWize [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iy12eq/why_does_everything_freeze_when_i_do_this/
  8. Why does my wallpaper change?

Why does my wallpaper change?: This is by no means a critical issue. It's a scratch my head type issue. My wife and I recently replaced our fleet of computers with newer equipment. I got a tower, she got a laptop call it laptop A She had been working on an old laptop call it laptop B. I configured my...
  9. The picture that you put on when booting up can i use it for wallpaper

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The picture that you put on when booting up can i use it for wallpaper: can I and how if so do I use the beautiful picture you post everyday for wallpaper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-picture-that-you-put-on-when-booting-up-can-i/c6919446-2342-4b5a-9b4b-a72d861cf307
  10. How do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper

How do I find the original default lockscreen wallpaper: Hi, I have this simple problem but I can't find the solution. Basically my daughter got a laptop and she changed a few theme settings and now the lockscreen wallpaper changed. The problem is she really liked the original one with the seal/sea lion swimming in the sea, but I...