Windows 10: Why Windows must die. For the third time

Discus and support Why Windows must die. For the third time in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last week, a key event occurred in the history of personal computing. It marks the beginning of the death of the operating system that we recognize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 9, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Why Windows must die. For the third time

Read more: Why Windows must die. For the third time | ZDNet

:)

Brink, May 9, 2017

2. November update fail for the third time

If you are installing Windows 10 using Windows Update, try the following:

1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Typethe following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type
    each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.

Andre Da Costa, May 9, 2017
  3. DennisDel Win User
    November update fail for the third time

i have been stuck for over 10 hours,,,with the help of microsoft technicians accessing my pc remotely to help me update to latest build with no help whatsover,,still stuck at build 10240..it just sucks!!!!!

DennisDel, May 9, 2017
Thema:

Why Windows must die. For the third time

1. Why Windows must die. For the third time - Similar Threads - Why must die

2. Error 0x800703e6 - For the third time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800703e6 - For the third time.: So I've had my PC for 3 years now and in those 3 years I've had to fully reset/reinstall windows twice due to issues involving windows not updating. its the same issue every single time but I seriously refuse to have to reinstall windows for the third time because of this...
  3. Error 0x800703e6 - For the third time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x800703e6 - For the third time.: So I've had my PC for 3 years now and in those 3 years I've had to fully reset/reinstall windows twice due to issues involving windows not updating. its the same issue every single time but I seriously refuse to have to reinstall windows for the third time because of this...
  4. Error 0x800703e6 - For the third time.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update breaks windows for the third time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update breaks windows for the third time: Hello, this is actually the second time i am writing to the answers forum for the same exact problem. It's honestly come to such a point like it feels like russian roulette whether i update, restart or shutdown my pc. Today i went away for a bit from my pc to do something...
  6. Windows update breaks windows for the third time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update breaks windows for the third time: Hello, this is actually the second time i am writing to the answers forum for the same exact problem. It's honestly come to such a point like it feels like russian roulette whether i update, restart or shutdown my pc. Today i went away for a bit from my pc to do something...
  7. Why is my version 2004 installation paused at 91% for the third time?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is my version 2004 installation paused at 91% for the third time?: I have attempted the feature update to version 2004 of Windows 10 three times today and it never makes it past 91% of the installation process. I have 34 GB of free space on my drive so I'm confident that's not the source of the issue. If it matters, my computer is an HP Envy...
  8. Problem logging-in - THIRD TIME.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem logging-in - THIRD TIME.: Yet more problems logging in just now. I first reported it on the 25th November in my thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-logging-in-just-now-windows-10/9dfad562-1691-4c9a-96fb-080ca4e108a0. That was resolved by a message in notifications...
  9. Cortana Must Die

in Cortana
    Cortana Must Die: I hate Cortana and the fact the Microsoft has done everything it can to prevent us from removing or deactivating it - especially the auto-websearch, which I find extremely intrusive. I am tempted to edit my registry but fear any backlash or mishap as it is not something I am...
  10. Win10 Upgrade stuck for third time

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Upgrade stuck for third time: Looks to be stuck in a loop, at 32% overall, 6% at Installing features and drivers. Second attempt was left for overnight and nothing changed. Toshiba L305-S5921 Laptop. Upgrading from Win 7 home. Had no trouble on my desktop or HP laptop. Any Ideas??? 14332