Windows 10: Why won't MS Picture Manager auto-rotate my photos?

Discus and support Why won't MS Picture Manager auto-rotate my photos? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Help! I've just returned from Europe with over 2,500 pictures, many of them photos of paintings that I took vertically with my Leica X2. When beginning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by turbo997, Dec 19, 2015.

1. turbo997 Win User

Why won't MS Picture Manager auto-rotate my photos?

Help! I've just returned from Europe with over 2,500 pictures, many of them photos of paintings that I took vertically with my Leica X2. When beginning to edit them with Microsoft Picture Manager, I found when looking at thumbnails that the verticals were not displayed rotated. And when reviewing individual vertical photos and saving them rotated, they still displayed vertically when again looking at thumbnails.

I have been using Picture Manager for several years with Windows 7 and Office 2010 and the same camera -- and the verticals were always auto-rotated and stayed rotated after being saved. I now have a monstrous job ahead of me and would appreciate some help.

:)

turbo997, Dec 19, 2015
  2. Hadi-Gh Win User

Pictures in camera roll are white on Lumia 820

Hi Manon and thank you for your response.

I have edited the pictures using native photo app on WP (Crop, rotate, auto-fix)

I copied the pictures to my computer but they are still white. I even tried different programs, including MS Office Picture Manager, but I can't view the pictures.

The following link shows that some people have had the same issue with iPhone:

Pictures in camera roll go white when cli… - Apple Community

So I tried their suggested solutions but the problem is not solved.

Any clues what could be problem?

-- Hadi

Hadi-Gh, Dec 19, 2015
  3. ShauryaM Win User
    Auto-Rotate not working

The auto-rotate feauture on my Lumia 720 has stopped working. The keyboard, internet explorer, pictures in the gallery, nothing rotates on turning the phone. Please help

ShauryaM, Dec 19, 2015
  4. turbo997 Win User

I would really appreciate knowing how to solve this problem!

turbo997, Dec 30, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
  6. turbo997 Win User
    turbo997, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why won't MS Picture Manager auto-rotate my photos? - Similar Threads - Why won't Picture

2. Photos auto rotating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos auto rotating: Hi,All I am trying to do is view photos in my finder. These are portrait orientation, yet anytime they open up within the viewer they are automatically switched over to landscape orientation. I have read so many forums that have yet to give a clear answer so I'd love for a...
  3. Photos auto rotating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos auto rotating: Hi,All I am trying to do is view photos in my finder. These are portrait orientation, yet anytime they open up within the viewer they are automatically switched over to landscape orientation. I have read so many forums that have yet to give a clear answer so I'd love for a...
  4. MS Picture Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Picture Manager: A Windows 10 update changed MS Office Picture Manager and removed the options to print 3x5 and 5x7. Is there a remedy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-picture-manager/276c6867-7fc9-4fd2-b22f-59d6b89e678f
  5. MS Picture Manager

MS Picture Manager: A Windows 10 update changed MS Office Picture Manager and removed the options to print 3x5 and 5x7. Is there a remedy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-picture-manager/276c6867-7fc9-4fd2-b22f-59d6b89e678f
  6. auto rotating photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto rotating photos: After saving and closing excel, photos are auto rotating. How can this be stopped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotating-photos/e9fdfbed-8d86-407a-b178-a2daaab1beee
  7. Stop photo auto rotating

Stop photo auto rotating: How can I stop my pc auto rotating my photos when viewed in photos. I am using windows 10 and this is a recent problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-photo-auto-rotating/8c2e28c6-c037-41bc-8618-5dea19a7fc08
  8. ms picture manager

ms picture manager: how do I set ms picture manager (part of Microsoft SharePoint Design 2010) as my default picture viewer I have gone into settings > default apps and tried to change the default setting from Microsoft Photo to ms picture manager but this does not work, and with no default...
  9. Auto Rotate in Photos App

Auto Rotate in Photos App: Every time I open portrait oriented photos with the Photos app, it automatically rotates the photo to landscape. When I try to rotate it back to its original portrait orientation, it flips it upside down no matter how many times I try. I then attempt to open the same photo...
  10. Auto Photo Rotation

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Photo Rotation: W10 Hp 17" Envy Laptop. Took some photos yesterday on my Panasonic camera, downloaded them via SDHC card but for some reason they are being auto rotated to 90deg from the vertical both in landscape and portrait. This is in viewer and my photo editing programme. Even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms office picture manager treats my iphone 6s portrait pictures as landscape

2. why wont a picture rotate in windows photos