Windows 10: Why won't my computer play web videos?

Discus and support Why won't my computer play web videos? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my computer will not play ANY web video. i get no error message, constant loading or black screen from youtube and green screen from facebook and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhoenixGatti, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Why won't my computer play web videos?

my computer will not play ANY web video. i get no error message, constant loading or black screen from youtube and green screen from facebook and all other websites as well. I use chrome...my laptop is a brand new MSI gaming laptop and is only two months old theres no reason for this. its only been happening since I was made to switch over to windows 10. now all I have are issues....my webcam refuses to work now.....all it gives me is a black screen and an error code: 0xA00F4292 ,photocapturestarttimeout>…..and my battery keeps saying that its plugged in but not charging and now this video issues. can you please help me with the video issues?

:)

PhoenixGatti, Jul 8, 2018

2. microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Video Lag

Hi John,

The latency in playing videos might have been caused by network interruption, or an incompatible graphics driver. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Does the issue happens when playing videos online or you have experienced the latency when playing videos that are saved on your drive too?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system settings prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any network issues?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you use Microsoft Edge and
    Internet Explorer
    to check if the issue persists. If the issue happens in Internet Explorer, please use this article as your reference:

Videos won’t play in Internet Explorer

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Why won't my computer play web videos?

Web Cam Videos not playing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to help you with this.

To assist you better, do let us know if you face any issue while playing other videos.

I would suggest you to save the files to a different location and check if it helps. Also please check if you are able to play the videos on a different computer.

For driver related issues, I would suggest you to uninstall and install the latest display driver from the computer manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps below to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Install driver in compatibility mode

After you have downloaded the driver

a. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select "Properties".

b. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

c. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select the operating

system from the drop down list.

d. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Why won't my computer play web videos?

1. Why won't my computer play web videos? - Similar Threads - Why won't computer

2. Video Files Won't Play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Files Won't Play: I have some MP4 videos that won't play. I get this message when I try to open them:This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4I don't know what else to do. I've tried...
  3. Why won't videos from MSN play?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't videos from MSN play?: Why won't videos from MSN play? They start to play, then stop and sit there indefinitely "loading" with the arrow wheel spinning. I use Win10 firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-videos-from-msn-play/3c51bc6c-f8c9-46c1-9b62-adde3cc0181f
  4. Why won't videos from MSN play?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't videos from MSN play?: Why won't videos from MSN play? They start to play, then stop and sit there indefinitely "loading" with the arrow wheel spinning. I use Win10 firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-videos-from-msn-play/3c51bc6c-f8c9-46c1-9b62-adde3cc0181f
  5. Why won't videos from MSN play?

6. Why won't MS Video Editor play a preview of my added mp4 videos, and why can't it finish a...

Why won't MS Video Editor play a preview of my added mp4 videos, and why can't it finish a...: I have used Video Editor in the recent past to combine mp4 videos. But, today it wasn't working.I have two mp4 files that I would like to combine. I am able to play these files separately using VLC Player.I added the two mp4 videos to a new project in MS Video Editor. I...
  7. Browsers Won't Play Video

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Won't Play Video: A Dell Optiplex 760 with 4GB of RAM (Acer AX1430G-UW30P), AMD E-450 APU processor. Tower was recently upgraded to W10 from W7. It currently has Chrome (default), Firefox and Edge. Subscribed to MrFood.com to receive recipes. Most of the recipes have an accompanying 2 minute...
  8. my computer don't plays videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    my computer don't plays videos: My computer ( Windows 10 ) won't play any video that I transfer from my cell. Help, Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-dont-plays-videos/a9b9057a-2d18-4d74-aadf-782a6cd68193
  9. Video's won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video's won't play: After Windows 10 upgrade I can't play video's now. There seems to be some type of conflict with Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-wont-play/4c3b181a-3f60-4b54-ba09-506eeb796575
  10. Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge

Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge: Videos (on YouTube, Factbook, etc) play fine on my Google account but freeze, flash or go black when I try to play them on Edge. I've checked to make sure my adobe player is on in advanced settings. Anyone have the same problem? This only started happening in the past few...