Windows 10: Why won't my dm_log_collector finish?

Discus and support Why won't my dm_log_collector finish? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everytime I try to run the dm log collector it seems to run into an error and then stops immediately. I don't have enough time to read the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mattsonberg, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Why won't my dm_log_collector finish?

Everytime I try to run the dm log collector it seems to run into an error and then stops immediately. I don't have enough time to read the error either. It used to work and now it doesn't.

Can anyone propose a solution?

I've attached the latest report from the log collector but it is obviously incomplete. Just thought it might help.

:)

mattsonberg, Aug 7, 2016
  2. HannahM12 Win User

PC Keeps Crashing After Windows Update

Is someone able to analyze dmp logs or the files from the dm_log_collector to figure out what I can do about constant crashing? It started after the Windows Anniversary update but I can't find a solution in other threads I've looked at.

HannahM12, Aug 7, 2016
  3. My windows 10 down load installed, but at the end it just keeps flashing on and off the screen and won't stop. any suggestions

why won't my windows 10 download won't stop flashing on and off after the download.

JosephHaddaway, Aug 7, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Why won't my dm_log_collector finish?

Please try following
    • Delete the current DM Log Collector
    • Download it again from BSOD Posting Instructions
    • Run it as administrator and see if it still crashes

axe0, Aug 7, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Have you moved any of your user folders to a different driver or partition? That seems to cause problems some times.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why won't my dm_log_collector finish?

1. Why won't my dm_log_collector finish? - Similar Threads - Why won't dm_log_collector

2. Windows installation won't finish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installation won't finish: Hi, I'm currently trying to install a fresh version of either windows 10/11 on a new ssd. I've recently upgraded my pc with a new mobo gigabyte b760m x ax with a new cpu intel i5 13600k and 2 m2 nvme ssds on one of which either, doesn't matter i want to install the OS. I've...
  3. WCD won't finish.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WCD won't finish.: When installing a provision package from WCD the process quickly moves forward, but will not complete. I have given it ample time to finish however I have to end the process to move forward. Half the time I have to hard reboot the PC. When the initial configuration is...
  4. WCD won't finish.

WCD won't finish.: When installing a provision package from WCD the process quickly moves forward, but will not complete. I have given it ample time to finish however I have to end the process to move forward. Half the time I have to hard reboot the PC. When the initial configuration is...
  5. WCD won't finish.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Backup won't finish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup won't finish: My Windows 10 desktop won't complete a backup onto an external hard drive since there was a Windows update a couple of weeks ago. There are no error codes, it just freezes at 97% and won't move further. I can backup files separately with no problems, but not the system. Is...
  7. Backup won't finish

Backup won't finish: My Windows 10 desktop won't complete a backup onto an external hard drive since there was a Windows update a couple of weeks ago. There are no error codes, it just freezes at 97% and won't move further. I can backup files separately with no problems, but not the system. Is...
  8. Backup won't finish

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Themes Won't Finish Loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Themes Won't Finish Loading: Hello All, This problem is driving me crazy. My themes launch but they freeze. See the attached screen shot. The side scroller on the right never appears, and what you see in the attachment is all I see forever unless I X it out. Thus, I am unable to select a theme. Even if...
  10. dm_log_collector - NO FILE!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dm_log_collector - NO FILE!: Repeated BSODs. I run dm_log_collector and after running it immediately deletes the zip file that it creates. It's not in my recycle bin either. Advice? 57893