Windows 10: Why wont my fonts work? how do i retrieve old fonts for all my programs?

Discus and support Why wont my fonts work? how do i retrieve old fonts for all my programs? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So recently I had to reset my computer and it removed a few fonts from 3d builder and the computer itself and these I know for sure are default fonts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Misery-Loves, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Why wont my fonts work? how do i retrieve old fonts for all my programs?

So recently I had to reset my computer and it removed a few fonts from 3d builder and the computer itself and these I know for sure are default fonts. I do not remember the names of these fonts but I used them in 3d Builder, another issue I am having is that the fonts are only showing up in English and not the character format its assigned to, like for instance Arabic shows up as regular English characters even though It shows the characters next to the name of the font as Arabic. The only fonts that show up as they are meant to are the wingdings, webdings and symbols.

:)

Misery-Loves, Jul 18, 2018

2. Anyone know how to make fonts?

Exactly what the title suggests.

Do I need a certain program or just to edit an existing font? And if so how do I do that?

There is a certain style of writing I want to make a font of, but I don't know how to.

So does anyone know how?*Wtf :wtf:

Sledgehammerhyena, Jul 18, 2018
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Polarman Win User

Why wont my fonts work? how do i retrieve old fonts for all my programs?

Font Manager

I remember using Adobe's Type Manager a long time ago to manage fonts on my old Win98 machine. It's not very convenient to have 1000+ fonts installed all the time. Having a font manager can help with keep things organized.

I was curious about finding something similar since Type Manager is no longer made. I found these 2 (Freebie) software that are pretty neat. *Smile Why wont my fonts work? how do i retrieve old fonts for all my programs? :)

AMP Font Viewer 3.86

AMP Font Viewer - Complete font manager: view, organize, install, delete and print fonts lists (TrueType, OpenType and Type 1) - AMPsoft

Font Frenzy

http://www.sdsoftware.org/default.asp?id=5929

Polarman, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Why wont my fonts work? how do i retrieve old fonts for all my programs?

1. Why wont my fonts work? how do i retrieve old fonts for all my programs? - Similar Threads - Why wont fonts

2. Fonts not appearing on old programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fonts not appearing on old programs: This is a problem that has been bugging me for a few years. Whenever running an old program, the fonts don't appear. I don't have this problem with any app or program made recently, we're talking like old InstallShield installers and things like that.Here's me installing a...
  3. Fonts not appearing on old programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fonts not appearing on old programs: This is a problem that has been bugging me for a few years. Whenever running an old program, the fonts don't appear. I don't have this problem with any app or program made recently, we're talking like old InstallShield installers and things like that.Here's me installing a...
  4. How do I fix all the fonts to behave like Windows fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix all the fonts to behave like Windows fonts: Fonts from Google, Apple, and from multiple third parties may have a problem cross-program. For example, on Word 2021, the SF Pro Display Apple get a problem loading a font.E.g., instead of using glyphs for stances like, SF Pro Regular [regular,] SF Pro Regular Italic...
  5. How do I fix all the fonts to behave like Windows fonts

How do I fix all the fonts to behave like Windows fonts: Fonts from Google, Apple, and from multiple third parties may have a problem cross-program. For example, on Word 2021, the SF Pro Display Apple get a problem loading a font.E.g., instead of using glyphs for stances like, SF Pro Regular [regular,] SF Pro Regular Italic...
  6. All programs fonts blurred

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All programs fonts blurred: I have been having Window 10 for a month.Every program I install has blurred fonts. I have been changing all windows settings for scaling as advised on forums but it is pointless.I have no words for this, I bought the newest machine with Geforce GTX and fonts look like on an...
  7. All programs fonts blurred

All programs fonts blurred: I have been having Window 10 for a month.Every program I install has blurred fonts. I have been changing all windows settings for scaling as advised on forums but it is pointless.I have no words for this, I bought the newest machine with Geforce GTX and fonts look like on an...
  8. All programs fonts blurred

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Why is my system fonts became like the old PC fonts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my system fonts became like the old PC fonts?: The websites fonts are not showing up. It's like a single font for everything - online and offline.Like this. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-system-fonts-became-like-the-old-pc/e5b4c73d-f116-476e-8737-6d1d3d997e9e
  10. How do I see what fonts I've got on my old font CD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I see what fonts I've got on my old font CD?: Hello I have an old CD with lots of my fonts on it (mostly .TTF .PFM files), but the files all have unhelpfully short filenames (8 characters?) How do I see the names of what the font inside them have so that I can just install the fonts that I actually need? J 82944