Windows 10: Why won't my programs and games work in Windows 10, and how can I fix it?

Discus and support Why won't my programs and games work in Windows 10, and how can I fix it? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a newer Asus Probook (64bit) and have been unable to get anything (games or programs) to load properly (including MS Office). Surprisingly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ta2edfreak, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Why won't my programs and games work in Windows 10, and how can I fix it?

I have a newer Asus Probook (64bit) and have been unable to get anything (games or programs) to load properly (including MS Office). Surprisingly, everything worked under Vista. What can I do to fix this?

:)

Ta2edfreak, Jul 18, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Why won't my programs and games work in Windows 10, and how can I fix it?

Star Wars Gold Pack won' work in Windows 10 i have the disk an the codes for me to activate it an the game wont run

Hi,

Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work on Windows 10. However,
    some older programs might run poorly or not at all.

To resolve your concern, you may run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter by following the steps on this link to
    automatically detect and fix some of the most common issues.

You may also run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Why won't my programs and games work in Windows 10, and how can I fix it?

1. Why won't my programs and games work in Windows 10, and how can I fix it? - Similar Threads - Why won't programs

2. How can i fix my games crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix my games crashing: Everyday up until now has been perfectly fine at running games no problems now any game i play ill get pretty much 240 straight on any game but it will crash for no reason yesterday i was playing call of duty and it was perfectly fine no crashes or anything. Today when i got...
  3. How can i fix my games crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i fix my games crashing: Everyday up until now has been perfectly fine at running games no problems now any game i play ill get pretty much 240 straight on any game but it will crash for no reason yesterday i was playing call of duty and it was perfectly fine no crashes or anything. Today when i got...
  4. Sometimes drag and drop won't work, why is this and how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes drag and drop won't work, why is this and how can I fix it?: Sometimes when I'm spending time on my computer I'll notice that I'm unable to drag and drop things. This goes for files in file explorer, on my desktop, tabs in chrome and firefox and just now I realized it was also applying to a game I've been playing on steam- Melvor Idle....
  5. Sometimes drag and drop won't work, why is this and how can I fix it?

Sometimes drag and drop won't work, why is this and how can I fix it?: Sometimes when I'm spending time on my computer I'll notice that I'm unable to drag and drop things. This goes for files in file explorer, on my desktop, tabs in chrome and firefox and just now I realized it was also applying to a game I've been playing on steam- Melvor Idle....
  6. Sometimes drag and drop won't work, why is this and how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. my windows update is not working how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my windows update is not working how can i fix it?: Windows 10 update is not working ! What is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-update-is-not-working-how-can-i-fix-it/6ed606ac-b805-43c3-ac26-a99783f0c0d3
  8. Why are some of my programs ugly like this and how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are some of my programs ugly like this and how can I fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TurtleMaster726 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f0v2iq/why_are_some_of_my_programs_ugly_like_this_and/
  9. Win 10 MAIL program quit working again how can I fix it

Win 10 MAIL program quit working again how can I fix it: Win 10 Mail program has quit working and can not be reinstalled how can I delete it completely then attempt a clean install. Already tried to delete using powershell and resetting the MS Store but reinstall only allows update meaning it is still installed somewhere?...
  10. Programs/game won't open on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs/game won't open on windows 10: I have an updated version of windows 10. I had a clean installation since my laptop needed some attention. I got it back, most things seem to work smooth now BUT I do get a message from one of the games I used to play. I did like before, downloaded the client from the safe...