Windows 10: Why won't some third-party software install or update?

Discus and support Why won't some third-party software install or update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For example, with an internet connection and firewall and AV disabled, turbotax fails to update: [img] And for Chrome installation: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sbdresner, Jan 30, 2017.

1. sbdresner Win User

Why won't some third-party software install or update?

For example, with an internet connection and firewall and AV disabled, turbotax fails to update:

Why won't some third-party software install or update? [​IMG]

And for Chrome installation:

These are only 2 examples.

The problem appears to have started with a Win-10 update. Turbotax can be updated offline, but not Chrome. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Please advise,
    Steve

:)

sbdresner, Jan 30, 2017

2. Installing third party softwares

I'm not a mac person so I can't help you out dittee. Isn't there a program that allows you to run Windows on a mac? I would consider that or if you have access to a windows PC you can run the install file then locate and copy the cab file to transfer
    to your device. Thgen you can click on the cab and it will install.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 30, 2017
  3. dittee Win User
    Installing third party softwares

oh hmm. well the thing is. i'm using a mac. and im using a third party software to sync the files to the device. i can't install the .exe file on my desktop coz it doesn't work. any ideas on what i can do?

dittee, Jan 30, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

If you tick more details what does it say?

Samuria, Jan 30, 2017
  5. sbdresner Win User

No help, since I have internet connection but firewall and AV are disabled.

sbdresner, Jan 30, 2017
  6. sbdresner Win User
    Problem solved by resetting Windows 10. Sorry I didn't do it earlier.

sbdresner, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why won't some third-party software install or update? - Similar Threads - Why won't third

2. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  3. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  4. install third party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install third party apps: instal third party apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-third-party-apps/04e3528a-0b11-41df-b58c-eb32289aee08
  5. 'Wake' permissions for third party software?

'Wake' permissions for third party software?: I have a PVR card and associated software on my win 11 system. The PC is primarily used for OTA TV viewing, recording, streaming, and Blue ray/DVD playback. currently I'm working a couple issues with the PVR software. 1 I need to find the setting to allow that software to...
  6. 'Wake' permissions for third party software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Wake' permissions for third party software?: I have a PVR card and associated software on my win 11 system. The PC is primarily used for OTA TV viewing, recording, streaming, and Blue ray/DVD playback. currently I'm working a couple issues with the PVR software. 1 I need to find the setting to allow that software to...
  7. third party software update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    third party software update: I have a windows server 2012 standalone server and two user. one is normal user and another one is administrator user. Normal user have internet connection but administrator user have no internet access. In this situation how can I update third party software like "adobe "....
  8. Recommendations for third party software to stop updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommendations for third party software to stop updates: Hi everyone, i know this gets posted alot but ive had it with the constant updates. I recently started a business and missed a deadline yesterday because i took a 20 minute break before reviewing a report and came back to a 40 minute update. I use about 5 programs and visit...
  9. Online Activation of a third party software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Online Activation of a third party software: Hi! I have this problem and don't know what to do. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 21/01/2019 1:30:17 PM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  10. Third party software installation

Third party software installation: My pc was working okay for alomost a year with WIndows 10 but now I have a problem on both my laptop and desktop with software not loading. I have tried loading some old software that I already have running and get the same error message required priviledge is not held...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why some software wont install

2. why windows stops 3rd party software instalation

3. Windows wont install third party updates