Windows 10: Why won't the screen fit on the monitor??

Discus and support Why won't the screen fit on the monitor?? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Ok, so I just recently upgraded my computer, including a new monitor. My old CRT monitor never gave me any problems and the screen always fit just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Brett_md, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Brett_md Win User

Why won't the screen fit on the monitor??

Ok, so I just recently upgraded my computer, including a new monitor. My old CRT monitor never gave me any problems and the screen always fit just fine. My new flatscreen 22" doesn't seem to fit the image on it very well. It's like the image is too large and bleeds off the edge. This happens with the desktop and with internet browser.

My monitor is a Hannspree HF229H. I have the resolution set at 1680 x 1050.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Any thoughts on how I could...

Brett_md, Jun 20, 2018

2. How to make pic fit the lock screen?

Hi Paul,

In order to see your lockscreen wallpapers in full view, the image itself must match with the aspect ratio of your monitor. If the image resolution exceeded the dimension size of your monitor, it would unlikely fit on your monitor screen. You need to edit
    and resize your image until if fits on your screen. To do this, follow the steps below:

Step 1 - Reduce the image size by following these steps:

• Locate the image that you want to set as your lock screen wallpaper.
    • Right-click the image, then click Edit. I will launch
      Paint
    • Click Home.
    • Click Resize. Make sure that Maintain aspect ratio is checked.
    • Reduced the percentage size by changing the Horizontal and Vertical until you determine that it will fit on your lock screen.

Why won't the screen fit on the monitor?? 9333d37e-25d4-43e3-a62c-969b51a7fb8e.png

Step 2 - Edit the image to fit in your lockscreen by perform the steps below:

• Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    • Type Photos, then click it to launch this application.
    • Locate the image that you want to edit.
    • Click the image.
    • Press Ctrl + E to start editing.
    • Click Crop.
    • On the top right, click the Aspect ratio menu.
    • Click Lockscreen.
    • Click the check sign to apply changes.
    • Press Ctrl + S to save the image.

There is no shrink or expand image option available in Lockscreen settings since Windows 10 can already automatically resize the image to fit on your screen.

Let us know if the resolution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Jun 21, 2018
  3. lmaneke Win User
    Screen not fitting to monitor properly

Does your monitor have an auto adjust button for fitting your resolution to the screen? Most have them in the monitors menu

lmaneke, Jun 21, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Screen does not fit monitor

Hi,

The update may have impacted some services or settings on your PC. Please answer some questions so we can address this problem properly:

• What update was installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Do you encounter any errors when using your computer?

For a reference in reviewing what update was delivered on your PC, you can open

this link

Depending on the device you have, there is usually an option to adjust the resolution using the buttons on the monitor. You can look for this option to correct the problem.

You can also take a look at the display settings to make changes if necessary. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Go to System.
    • In the Display section, click on Advanced display settings.
    • Adjust the selection for Resolution until you get the appropriate resolution for your screen.

Let us know if you're able to correct the problem after following the suggestions.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Why won't the screen fit on the monitor?? - Similar Threads - Why won't screen

2. Screen won't fit to monitor on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen won't fit to monitor on windows 11: I have recently got a new monitor and I've set up my pc and my laptop to it. The problem is when displaying the laptop using the HDMI channel the screen doesn't fit right. Half the task bar and the top of the screen gets cut off and the sides of the screen get cut off picture...
  3. Screen won't fit to monitor on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't fit to monitor on windows 11: I have recently got a new monitor and I've set up my pc and my laptop to it. The problem is when displaying the laptop using the HDMI channel the screen doesn't fit right. Half the task bar and the top of the screen gets cut off and the sides of the screen get cut off picture...
  4. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen resolution won't fit my screen.: I just recently got a new monitor for my laptop and I've tried all of the screen resolution options on both the monitor and windows yet its either to small or to zoomed in....
  5. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen resolution won't fit my screen.: I just recently got a new monitor for my laptop and I've tried all of the screen resolution options on both the monitor and windows yet its either to small or to zoomed in....
  6. Screen resolution won't fit my screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. fitting screen to monitor screen

fitting screen to monitor screen: After the latest automatic windows update when I turned my computer back on again the next day, the screen was out of whack. Everything was there in the window but the window didn't size properly for the hp laptop monitor, It was cut off on the bottom so I couldn't see the...
  8. screen resolution not fitting with monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen resolution not fitting with monitor: i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to change the resolution from display settings but when when i change to something bigger tha 1600 X 900 the screen turns black...
  9. Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit)

Screen Doesn't fit my monitor (Used to fit): Hello, i resently played a game that didnt scale properly, so i wanted to change the resolution of windows through the settings. when i switch resolution it always Barely doesn't fit (Screen gets cut off), after browsing through all the preffered resulution options (and...
  10. Screen not fitting to monitor properly

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen not fitting to monitor properly: Im a new windows 10 user and i just have this one problem ever since it was installed last night. The screen is a little bit too large on my monitor. Everything around the edges of the screen such as the windows button, the X button on web browser, back button etc is all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt my screen fit my monitor

2. when i maximize my screen it doesnt fit within the monitor

3. why doesnt my monitor fit the whole screen

4. computer screen doesnt fit monitor,
  5. screen wont fit on monitor,
  6. why doesnt my app fit the monitor screen,
  7. why doesnt my computer fit on my monitor screen,
  8. windows not fitting monitor hannspree monitor,
  9. Why wont mach3 fit the screen,
  10. why is my screen no longer fitting on my monitor,
  11. why is my computer screen unable to fit in a,