Windows 10: Why won't Windows recognize I have Powerpoint?

Discus and support Why won't Windows recognize I have Powerpoint? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have Microsoft Office 2010, I can open Word and Excel files by clicking on them but not Powerpoint, it wants to send me to the app store. I can... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rboppy, Mar 16, 2017.

1. rboppy Win User

Why won't Windows recognize I have Powerpoint?

I have Microsoft Office 2010, I can open Word and Excel files by clicking on them but not Powerpoint, it wants to send me to the app store.

I can run the Powerpoint program and open it from within.

In Settings - Choose default apps by file type (PPS), brings up a dialog that says "There is no installed app for this type of file or protocol".

:)

rboppy, Mar 16, 2017
  2. andrish8 Win User

E65 USB problems

Hello.

I've switched phones and got a nokia E65 but i have a problem:My PC won't recognize the E65 via USB cable.When i plug the cable into the phone it says "Enhancement not supported" and the Nokia PC Suite won't recognize it?Any ideas why?I installed the USB
    driver too.

andrish8, Mar 16, 2017
  3. USB Audio device not recognized on Windows 10

I have been having a recurring issue with any USB any devices being recognized on Windows 10, even ones that don't require drivers. Specifically I just bought a SADES A60/OMG plug and play headset and the system simply won't recognize it at all and regulates
    it to 'other devices' in the device manager when it's not even supposed to require a driver. Here is a link to the headset. Why won't it just recognize it? It should just plug and play.

USB Gaming Headset-SADES A60/OMG Computer Over Ear Stereo Heaphones With Microphone Noise Isolating Volume Control LED Light (Black+White) For PC & MAC:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

David5000_640, Mar 16, 2017
  4. Why won't Windows recognize I have Powerpoint?

Hi rboppy

Have you tried setting defaults by app. Just a couple of lines below by file.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 16, 2017
  5. rboppy Win User
    Thanks, I thought you had it, but going into Defaults by app did not list any of the Microsoft Office 2010 programs.

rboppy, Mar 16, 2017
  6. Well you could try this.

Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10

I think you can make a request at end of thread.

The next option would be an uninstall and re-install. Another member had an issue install 2010 again, he installs a lot so it challenged him. It then stated phone activation wasn't support. In that thread I posted a support article on what to do.

I'll see If I can find again just in case.

Ken

Edit 1

Link

"Telephone activation is no longer supported for your product" error when activating Office - Office Support

7. rboppy Win User
    Thanks Ken, I asked Brink to add it, I really don't want to go through a reinstall of Office.

rboppy, Mar 16, 2017
  8. Why won't Windows recognize I have Powerpoint?

Great. Amazing how fast he works so you should have soon.

Ken

9. rboppy Win User
Thema:

Why won't Windows recognize I have Powerpoint?

1. Why won't Windows recognize I have Powerpoint? - Similar Threads - Why won't recognize

2. Why won't windows recognize my iPad anymore?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why won't windows recognize my iPad anymore?: Windows no longer recognizes my iPad in Explorer iTunes but still sees my iPhone. Why? My iPad was working fine connecting with iTunes a little over a week ago. Last working on 6/16/23. Not sure but following updating both Windows to KB5027293 and iTunes to 12.12.9.4 suddenly...
  3. Why won't windows recognize my iPad anymore?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't windows recognize my iPad anymore?: Windows no longer recognizes my iPad in Explorer iTunes but still sees my iPhone. Why? My iPad was working fine connecting with iTunes a little over a week ago. Last working on 6/16/23. Not sure but following updating both Windows to KB5027293 and iTunes to 12.12.9.4 suddenly...
  4. It seems I have DX12 but Marvel's Avengers game won't recognize it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It seems I have DX12 but Marvel's Avengers game won't recognize it?: I put the screenshots of the specifications of my laptop and what the alert is from steam when I try to open the game. I have 2 recognized display adaptors and only one of them says DX12 Enabled and I have tried so many different ways to enable the other one too thinking that...
  5. It seems I have DX12 but Marvel's Avengers game won't recognize it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It seems I have DX12 but Marvel's Avengers game won't recognize it?: I put the screenshots of the specifications of my laptop and what the alert is from steam when I try to open the game. I have 2 recognized display adaptors and only one of them says DX12 Enabled and I have tried so many different ways to enable the other one too thinking that...
  6. why won't windows 10 recognize facial sign on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why won't windows 10 recognize facial sign on: Why won't windows 10 recognize facial and biometric sign on features? I have a 15" HP laptop with a I-3 processor, 8 GB Ram, and typical normal built-in camera and fingerprint reader. Laptop came with Windows 7, which I upgraded to W10 Home earlier and the very latest ver...
  7. why won't windows 10 recognize facial sign on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why won't windows 10 recognize facial sign on: Why won't windows 10 recognize facial and biometric sign on features? I have a 15" HP laptop with a I-3 processor, 8 GB Ram, and typical normal built-in camera and fingerprint reader. Laptop came with Windows 7, which I upgraded to W10 Home earlier and the very latest ver...
  8. why won't windows 10 recognize facial sign on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. PowerPoint won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerPoint won't load: I have an assignment, and I tried to open my PowerPoint. It didn't load in browser nor the app. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint-wont-load/cf95b0ab-585c-4800-bbd5-d6bb1a0b0ae6
  10. I have internet, but Microsoft won't recognize it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I have internet, but Microsoft won't recognize it: I'm a university student, so I need to download zoom and google chrome. It should be easy, theoretically. So, I try to download zoom. It says I am in S Mode and in S Mode only Microsoft Apps can be downloaded. Okay. On past computers this was easy to turn off. I go into the...