Windows 10: Why would anyone make an operating system with no Brightness controls?

Discus and support Why would anyone make an operating system with no Brightness controls? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Brand new system, brand new copy of Win 10 Pro 64. My screen is a blinding white. Black text is extremely hard to make out and you can't see gray text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Nofsdad, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Nofsdad Win User

Why would anyone make an operating system with no Brightness controls?

Brand new system, brand new copy of Win 10 Pro 64. My screen is a blinding white. Black text is extremely hard to make out and you can't see gray text at all. Videos and images are extremely bright to the point of being washed out. Monitor brightness set as low as it will go and THERE IS NO BRIGHTNESS CONTROL IN THIS VERSION OF WINDOWS 10. And on many images, like your little rows of emojis there on the right, the colors are reversed as if I was looking at a negative image. Those little dudes are cyan and blue instead of yellow and orange.

If I hook up my old computer with Win 10 Home 64 everything is perfect. Only the new one has these issues. Anybody have any ideas?

:)

Nofsdad, Sep 13, 2017
  2. petrib Win User

command "Quoukie" anybody heard?

Hoaxes/jokes like that have been around for as long as computers have existed.

Think about this: Why would anyone make an operating system slow deliberately, and then have such an unobvious and seemingly senseless way of making it faster?

Message Edited by on 12-May-2008 11:34 PM

petrib, Sep 13, 2017
  3. ahsan3650 Win User
    N8 display not fully bright. why?

hey all.. did you guys notice that N8's fully bright display is not that much bright as it becomes when it is placed under some bright light ?

why sensor doesnot allow me to make my display that much bright?

even my n73's display is much brighter than my n8's

anyone knws the solution ?

ahsan3650, Sep 13, 2017
  4. Why would anyone make an operating system with no Brightness controls?

Laptop or Desktop

Start>Settings>System>Display>Move brightness slider.
    Why would anyone make an operating system with no Brightness controls? [​IMG]

Frozenoem1, Sep 13, 2017
  5. Nofsdad Win User
    I guess I didn't make myself clear. There IS no brightness slider there or anywhere else I can find. I know there was one there on the old computer with Win 10 Home but there's none in the version I have now.

Nofsdad, Sep 13, 2017
  6. I only have Win 10 pro. On my laptop for that it's right click on battery.

You might find similar on the action control lower right of task bar by clock.

Think there is a up/ down brightness it looks like sun in there.

Desktop real monitors use buttons or knobs on the display, generally beneath covers on front.

But, I'm on iphone and can't recall Windows.

Frozenoem1, Sep 13, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 13, 2017
  8. Why would anyone make an operating system with no Brightness controls?

W10 doesn't have this feature on desktops I believe. Laptop does.

Only way to reduce or increase brightness in a desktop is to adjust it in your monitor's settings or by the GPU.

RoasterMen, Sep 13, 2017
  9. Helmut Win User
    Far Right > Action Centre > Brightness > (Right click for more options in settings).
    Settings enables customisation to put what Quick Actions you require in that Action Centre. Been the same for sometime from Windows 8.1 when they called it the Charms bar.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why would anyone make an operating system with no Brightness controls?

1. Why would anyone make an operating system with no Brightness controls? - Similar Threads - Why anyone operating

2. would this be an accurate appraisal of microsoft operating systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    would this be an accurate appraisal of microsoft operating systems: windows 7 and previous takes a long time to install, then takes a little while hours or a day or two for you to load the drivers and customise then takes a little while longer days to load up your regular programs windows 10 installs in a very short time. loads of most of the...
  3. No brightness control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No brightness control: I just got a new monitor, and the brightness was really high. So I thought to change it, except there's no brightness slider anywhere. I checked the display settings and the power settings and it was not there. Where should it be?...
  4. Brightness controle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness controle: I want to controle the brightness of my desktop screen. But the slider bar as seen in the attached file is not accessible on my computer. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controle/a315bfb6-720e-49f4-98d3-47bd29fac238
  5. Brightness controle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness controle: I want to controle the brightness of my desktop screen. But the slider bar as seen in the attached file is not accessible on my computer. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controle/a315bfb6-720e-49f4-98d3-47bd29fac238
  6. Brightness controle

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why would anyone get windows S mode

Why would anyone get windows S mode: Surely at some point you will want to use an app not available. at microsoft store Then you would have to switch out of S mode to use that app and you can't switch back. Seems useless unless you are totally paranoid....
  8. brightness control

brightness control: Hello, after i updated my software recently, there is no button or setting for brightness at all, and now my screen brightness is so high and i cannot adjust it. Even when i click FN + > / < , there is no changes. [ATTACH] There is no option for brightness in this part ,...
  9. is this what makes a good operating system?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is this what makes a good operating system?: i just rebooted. I am trying to do something. My computer is being bogged down. I open task maanger and OMG so many redundant useless windows process, over 20 using 10-30% CPU for no reason. NO REASON. Office telementary using 30% CPU? Why Just an endless amount of useless...
  10. How to adjust brightness on external monitor, IN OPERATING SYSTEM.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to adjust brightness on external monitor, IN OPERATING SYSTEM.: Is there a way to change the brightness on an external monitor hooked up to my Surface? The brightness slider under display settings is grayed out. (Windows 10) I can adjust the brightness through the buttons on the monitor itself but it's a terrible interface. This is...