Windows 10: Why Would/How Could Ports Refuse to Open?

Discus and support Why Would/How Could Ports Refuse to Open? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yes. That's what I've been doing all along. Constantly. You don't believe me. I can't show you on this machine but this machine won't work - that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by abrogard, Sep 27, 2017.

1. abrogard Win User

Why Would/How Could Ports Refuse to Open?

Yes. That's what I've been doing all along. Constantly.
    You don't believe me.
    I can't show you on this machine but this machine won't work - that's what the whole thread is about.
    But the other machine. I'll go switch it back on.
    I'll create a rule 3300 to 80 on that machine.
    I'll give you my IP and you can enter IP + port and you'll see that index page.

There, it's done.
    IP is 101.167.174.244 Port is 3300

go for it. *Smile

abrogard, Sep 28, 2017
  2. Eagle51 Win User

DUH ... I totally misunderstood, sorry about that. You want it mapped that way ... lol ... I was thinking you wanted to use port 80 in the standard setup, which is what I always use. So, the only thing I can think of is to make sure port 3300 is added to firewall incoming rules or maybe some other process on that machine is using port 3300, both of which I think you've already checked *Sad

Eagle51, Sep 28, 2017
  3. abrogard Win User
    there's only one way my friend.....

p.s. I can't answer 'why/how the ports would refuse to open' beyond 'misconfiguration' which is so obvious it's really no answer at all.

but I can show how i fixed it - thanks to clues i found on the web - and the answer then becomes 'because this hasn't been done'.

and 'this' is having iis listen on 0.0.0.0 'add_iplisten'.

using netsh http

and then iisreset.

I was totally unaware of the netsh http tool. glad to know about it now. i'll help others by directing them to it.

abrogard, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why Would/How Could Ports Refuse to Open?

1. Why Would/How Could Ports Refuse to Open? - Similar Threads - Why Ports Refuse

2. Why would Windows randomly require me to use my PIN to sign in, and would refuse to let me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why would Windows randomly require me to use my PIN to sign in, and would refuse to let me...: And then for subsequent logins, it allows me to use my fingerprint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-would-windows-randomly-require-me-to-use-my/d74724de-6ee1-4963-a931-84c89f417888
  3. Why would Windows randomly require me to use my PIN to sign in, and would refuse to let me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why would Windows randomly require me to use my PIN to sign in, and would refuse to let me...: And then for subsequent logins, it allows me to use my fingerprint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-would-windows-randomly-require-me-to-use-my/d74724de-6ee1-4963-a931-84c89f417888
  4. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  5. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  6. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. error 433,communication port COM3 could not be opened

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error 433,communication port COM3 could not be opened: the communication port COM3 could not be opened. windows error#433-se ha especificado un dispositivo que no existe. i have thies error when i try to made a communication between a module AG9 trough usb to ttl serial module, but the proble is had that problem tanks for your...
  8. Malwarebytyes refuses to open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytyes refuses to open: Hello I wonder if anyone can shed any light on why I see the following message in Windows Event Viewer: [img] At the same time, Malwarebytes will not open when launched so I cannot check its settings for scans or anything else. Yet its icon appears in the System Tray...
  9. Why 'Refused To Connect' ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why 'Refused To Connect' ?: I have a win10 machine. It has two adapters - one onboard ethernet and one plugin usb wifi. Both adapters are enabled and both seem to be working fine. The wifi is allowing internet access and here I am writing this via it. The ethernet has a wifi camera plugged...
  10. This PC refuses to open

in Windows 10 Support
    This PC refuses to open: Hi all, first post here for me, I've been using this forum to help me along with my new laptop for learning the basics (my last computer was windows XP!). I've come across an issue I can't find an answer for though. For some reason I can't access the file "this PC". Every...