Windows 10: Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature?

Discus and support Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is the Snip delay feature about? Why would I want to delay before making a Snip? 23527 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyberdesigner, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature?

What is the Snip delay feature about?

Why would I want to delay before making a Snip?

:)

Cyberdesigner, Sep 21, 2015

2. Why would I want to use the "NEW" Microsoft-Edge browser when Edge won't even open? Again!

Hello Ramesh. Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature? :)

I want to thank you for your reply. And thank you so much more for your attempt to help me figure out a "work around" for these never ending problems. And yes, I know what a work around is. I worked in a nuclear power plant for over 30 years, and if you
    work there for that amount of time, you learn what a work around is. (Unless you are just really, really naive).

I have run the trouble shooters. I have done system checks after system checks. I tried different USB ports. I plugged in thumb drives that worked fine. I have checked my iPhone many times. I don't get an error message when using Edge, because Edge will
    NOT open. My start menu will NOT open. My "Photos" app, or Photo Shop Express (which I down loaded from the Windows Store will NOT open. My KVADPhoto+ (also loaded from the W-10 store) will NOT open.

Good news. My Action Center WILL open. SOMETIMES.

So, again, I really, truly do appreciate you trying to help with all these suggestions. But once again also, if you have to use multiple work arounds to get something to do what it was intended to do in the first place, then you may as well pull the rods,
    remove the fuel, and shut down until you can fix all the bugs to make it run right.

Best regards.

Barb Morris, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Why would I want to use the "NEW" Microsoft-Edge browser when Edge won't even open? Again!

Hi Barb Morris,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide
    you with better assistance.

• Did you make any significant changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error message/code while using Edge?
    • Have you tried different ports and different USB devices? Was the result same?

Let’s boot the computer in Safe Mode and check if issue reappears. Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words
    Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you’re using. You may refer to the article mentioned below to boot the computer in safe mode.

Change startup settings in Windows 10

If computer works fine in safe mode then try to perform clean boot and see if it brings any difference.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

There might be a chance that there is some system file corruption. So, I would suggest you to run
    SFC scan and see if it brings any difference.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption. The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect,
    corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows 8.

• Press Windows key and
      X at the same time.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • In the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.

For more information refer to this link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 21, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature?

If you wanted to get the start menu (for example) - otherwise it disappears when you click on snip..

5. It was a frequently requested addition because it is otherwise impossible to make a snip of context menus, flyouts, and anything else that closes the instant you click elsewhere on the screen. Try it without the delay. Right click on an icon to get the context menu and then see if you can make a snip showing the context menu without the delay feature. Then try it with the delay.

Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature? [​IMG]

Cbarnhorst, Sep 21, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    The delay feature is one way to allow capture screen image at later time so you can display a conext/popup/file menu etc...
    However, it is possible to do a snip without using the delay feature and in fact I think it is better that you have a complete control exactly when you want to snip.

• Run snipping tool
    • If the screen appears greyed out (snip mode) then press <ESC> else continue step 3
    • Display context menu/Start menu/File Menu etc... Hold down <CTRL> and press <Print Screen> then do the snip.

topgundcp, Sep 21, 2015
  7. Ah! now I know many thanks

8. Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature?

Thank you very much

9. Excellent! Thank You

Cyberdesigner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature?

1. Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature? - Similar Threads - Why Snip Delay

2. Why would I want windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why would I want windows 11?: It seems pretty obvious to me that 'upgrading' to Windows 11 is a waste of time. Also unnecessarily complicated. To have what I can only see as less features and customization options?What a joke. If windows had a legit competitor. This wouldn't be possible....
  3. Why would I want windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why would I want windows 11?: It seems pretty obvious to me that 'upgrading' to Windows 11 is a waste of time. Also unnecessarily complicated. To have what I can only see as less features and customization options?What a joke. If windows had a legit competitor. This wouldn't be possible....
  4. Win7: Why would someone not want to use indexing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7: Why would someone not want to use indexing?: And if indexing is implemented does it help other search programs find things or just Windows Search?I looked in Services.msc and didn't see anything there that seems to relate to indexing so its not as if its running in the background....
  5. Win7: Why would someone not want to use indexing?

Win7: Why would someone not want to use indexing?: And if indexing is implemented does it help other search programs find things or just Windows Search?I looked in Services.msc and didn't see anything there that seems to relate to indexing so its not as if its running in the background....
  6. I really wanted to use this feature on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I really wanted to use this feature on PC: You can now use the Xbox Share button feature on Windows 11 PCs too - Neowin Share button Xbox Series controller in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community Why still not on W10 and straight to W11? submitted by /u/Wicked_Folie [link] [comments]...
  7. Snip Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip Feature: I love the Snip feature and use it multiple times every day. It's simple, elegant and very useful. Now I get a message from MS that you are moving it and it will operate differently. My question: why do you have to mess with Snip and make changes when it works great the...
  8. "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool)

"Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool): How do I use the "Screen snip" tool with a delay? (As mentioned, I'm NOT referring to the 'Snipping tool'.) submitted by /u/opertinicy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh3n/screen_snip_tool_delay_not_snipping_tool/
  9. Snip & Sketch missing delay feature from Snipping Tool

Snip & Sketch missing delay feature from Snipping Tool: I use the Snipping Tool daily. I just upgraded my Windows 10 on my company's computer and when I opened the Snipping Tool I was told about Snip & Sketch. I was excited to see a new version of the tool. But, when I opened Snip & Sketch, one of the best features, Delay, does...
  10. "Screen Snip" tool delay (like 'Snipping Tool')?

"Screen Snip" tool delay (like 'Snipping Tool')?: I like the quick convenience of the (relatively) new 'Screen snip' tool. However, is there an option to implement a delay (like the previous 'Snipping Tool')? submitted by /u/opertinicy [link] [comments]...