Windows 10: Why would there be an error with a user group under Advanced Security settings?

Discus and support Why would there be an error with a user group under Advanced Security settings? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Under Properties for Windows Dev Home Preview. Then in Advanced Security Settings for DevHome.PI.exe in Permissions>Principal>Users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sivamet, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Sivamet Win User

Why would there be an error with a user group under Advanced Security settings?

Under Properties for Windows Dev Home Preview. Then in Advanced Security Settings for DevHome.PI.exe in Permissions>Principal>Users PC-Name\Users>View>Basic permissions:>Add a condition to limit access. The principal will be granted the specified permissions only if conditions are met. This is what it said under the Add a condition. A red circle with a white X in it it read this warning message; ""This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one.""

:)

Sivamet, Jun 23, 2024
  2. Thelps Win User

Security - User, Group or Built-In Security Principal: Explanation?

Could someone explain the purpose of all the accounts listed under the Advanced button of the User, Group or Built-In Security Principal search-box that appears when you click the Change link under Advanced Security Settings (Properties > Security > Advanced) for any file or folder?

Specifically, the long list of names made available when you click Find Now. Such as 'Administrators', 'Creator Owner', 'authenticated authority asserted identity' etc.

What is the purpose of these names/groups? Is there a way to reduce the number of these by pruning unused/unwanted groups? Are there options to edit the members of these groups etc?

The more detail and depth people can go into on this the better.

Much appreciated.

Thelps, Jun 23, 2024
  3. How to Create MUlti-user Folder Security for a School Setting

Samuria,

Thanks for the suggests. A couple of comments or questions.
    1)There is no group called Everyone on my security tab
    2)is there a precedence order on the list of Users/groups on the Security tab. For example is it top to bottom or bottom up? Do individual users have precedence to groups
    3) is there a defined hierarchy to the list of. For example is Users a subset of Authenticated Users,....

Again, thanks for taking your time to respond

Jerrythesurfer, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Why would there be an error with a user group under Advanced Security settings?

How can I stop getting File History Backup Error 0x80070003?

I would suggest you to run check disk and see if that help, the following are the steps to run check disk
    1.Open Computer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer.
    2.Right-click the drive that you want to check, and then click Properties.
    3.Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check now.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select Automatically fix file system errors.
    Otherwise, the disk check will report problems but not fix them.
    To perform a thorough check, select Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.
    This scan attempts to find and repair physical errors on the drive itself, and it can take much longer to complete.
    To check for both file errors and physical errors, select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.
    4.Click Start.

If the above steps fail, I would suggest you to try the following steps.
    1. Click Start, and then Run.
    2. In Open, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
    3. Use one of the following procedures:
    o To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, at the command prompt, type chkdsk, and then press ENTER.
    o To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, at the command prompt, type chkdsk volume:/f, and then press ENTER.
    o To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, at the command prompt, type chkdsk volume:/r, and then press ENTER
    once you complete the above steps, I would suggest you to disable all security software and then try back up again.
    I would also suggest you to make sure that you have full permission given to the drive for which you want to back up the files.
    1. Click Start, click My Computer, and then locate the file or folder where you want to set special permissions.
    2. Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.
    3. Click Advanced, and then use one of the following steps:
    A. To set special permissions for an additional group or user, click Add, and then in Name box, type the name of the user or group, and then click OK.
    B. To view or change special permissions for an existing group or user, click the name of the group or user, and then click Edit.
    C. To remove an existing group or user and the special permissions, click the name of the group or user, and then click Remove. If the Remove button is unavailable, click to clear the Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here check box, click Remove, and then skip steps 4 and 5.
    4. In the Permissions box, click to select or click to clear the appropriate Allow or Deny check box.
    5. In the Apply onto box, click the folders or subfolders where you want these permissions applied.
    6. To configure security so that the subfolders and files do not inherit these permissions, click to clear the Apply these permissions to objects and/or containers within this container only check box.
    7. Click OK two times, and then click OK in the Advanced Security Settings for Folder Name box, where Folder Name is the folder name.

hTconeM9user, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Why would there be an error with a user group under Advanced Security settings?

1. Why would there be an error with a user group under Advanced Security settings? - Similar Threads - Why error user

2. Why are there multiple users under security tab in files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are there multiple users under security tab in files.: I've noticed a lot of files saying modified and was confused when I see different profile and work profiles under the security tab. Have no idea if I've been hacked need some advice...
  3. Why are there multiple users under security tab in files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are there multiple users under security tab in files.: I've noticed a lot of files saying modified and was confused when I see different profile and work profiles under the security tab. Have no idea if I've been hacked need some advice...
  4. Why would there be an error with a user group under Advanced Security settings?

Why would there be an error with a user group under Advanced Security settings?: Under Properties for Windows Dev Home Preview. Then in Advanced Security Settings for DevHome.PI.exe in Permissions>Principal>Users PC-Name\Users>View>Basic permissions:>Add a condition to limit access. The principal will be granted the specified permissions only if...
  5. Why would there be an error with a user group under Advanced Security settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why would there be an error with a user group under Advanced Security settings?: Under Properties for Windows Dev Home Preview. Then in Advanced Security Settings for DevHome.PI.exe in Permissions>Principal>Users PC-Name\Users>View>Basic permissions:>Add a condition to limit access. The principal will be granted the specified permissions only if...
  6. Advanced security settings for scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced security settings for scans: I'm troubleshooting the "start actions" function in windows defender and one of the steps is to clear an item in the scans folder and the quarantine folder bit when I go to update the permissions it's grayed out. I've tried everything to change the permissions but it still...
  7. Advanced security settings for scans

Advanced security settings for scans: I'm troubleshooting the "start actions" function in windows defender and one of the steps is to clear an item in the scans folder and the quarantine folder bit when I go to update the permissions it's grayed out. I've tried everything to change the permissions but it still...
  8. Users advanced security settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Users advanced security settings: I was in file explorer and opened the file users. 3 users came up. Mine, public and guest. Then I clicked on the properties of say public. It then bought up a screen and I clicked advanced settings and then clicked on find now. I clicked ok and a list of over 30 users came up...
  9. Cant find view advanced settings under advanced

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant find view advanced settings under advanced: Hello I cant find view advanced settings under advanced and when I enable adobe flash player it still says its off even though I have it on I don't know why its happening 140050
  10. Advanced Security Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Advanced Security Settings: I am receiving an error msg concerning Skype "Another program is using this file" I cannot access windowsapps. In Advanced Security Settings, I cannot change my access level to "Full" I am logged in as administrator but my access is not "Full". Also there are a number of...