Windows 10: Why you should now use an MS Account if you upgraded to Windows 10

Discus and support Why you should now use an MS Account if you upgraded to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; To date, I usually used a local login account to login to Windows 10. However, with the new activation trouble shooter, you can now transfer a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cereberus, Jul 2, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

Why you should now use an MS Account if you upgraded to Windows 10

To date, I usually used a local login account to login to Windows 10.

However, with the new activation trouble shooter, you can now transfer a digital licence to a new device. This new method is only in the Insider versions but will be available to all users in the August 2nd upgrade.

You have to login to an MS account for this to work, as digital licence becomes linked to the MS account. If you change back to a local account, the device gets removed from MS account and you cannot later select it to transfer licence.

If your current device failed whilst using a local account, you would be unable to transfr the digital licence.

If you like to login without a password, you can run netplwiz, uncheck box saying you need to enter password, then at the popup screen, enter your MS Account email address and password.

:)

cereberus, Jul 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

The Windows 10 Calendar will sync with your Mail accounts Calendars (including in the latest Creators Version finally with Yahoo Calendar!) , or can have them added directly in Settings> Accounts>Email and App accounts. If you don't want to use the Windows
    10 Calendar just ignore it. But why not?

Why would you think you need to reinstall Windows 7 to Upgrade to Windows 10 again? That's doing an inferior install twice for no reason at all. You should do the vastly superior

Clean Install Windows 10
    which will reactivate with the Digital License stored in MS Servers shortly after connecting to the internet. It should also associate itself with your MS Account.

This is misinformation that cannot be allowed to spread further.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 2, 2016
  3. Why can't you use an music app to download free music instead of buying music for 1.29 in the marketplace?

I want to have music on my phone but I don't wanna have to keep buying music in the marketplace

tarynbrandon, Jul 2, 2016
  4. Why you should now use an MS Account if you upgraded to Windows 10

Now that is a great way to persuade people to use MS account. I only wish, their password policy would not be so stupid. Last time it took me 30 minutes to come up with a working password and then I forgot what it was, obviously. *Rolleyes

TairikuOkami, Jul 2, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    That's weird, my password is just the name of a month followed by a year, Very easy to remember.

NavyLCDR, Jul 3, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    When's your birthday Why you should now use an MS Account if you upgraded to Windows 10 :)?

cereberus, Jul 3, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    You geeks might laugh now for my stupidity but my passwords are addresses of people, landmarks and buildings. I have a list of password reminders (not passwords) saved on a small USD stick as PDF, USB in my key chain.

An extract of the list might look like this:

Main BO MS 1 Tower MS 2 Head Witch GM Idiot
    List will be updated every time I change a password. That list tells me that my main email password is address of the White House (BO = Barack Obama) 1600PennsylvaniaAvenueDC, Microsoft Account 1 password is address of Eifel Tower ChampDeMarsParis75007, second MS account the last known address of my second wife 123AnyStreetAnyCityZipCode, Gmail password being the address of my oldest son, and so on.

Even if I lose the list, I bet it would be quite difficult for the finder to figure out correct passwords.

Please notice the passwords above are not real, they are just examples demonstrating my system *Smile

Kari, Jul 3, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Nope. Celebration of my divorce, not my birth Why you should now use an MS Account if you upgraded to Windows 10 :)!

NavyLCDR, Jul 3, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    I use the date of my death - lol!

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why you should now use an MS Account if you upgraded to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why should Account

2. why you should become a pilot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why you should become a pilot?: 1. Communication in EnglishCommunication is possibly the most important part of the flight. If you can't communicate efficiently while flying, you could be in serious trouble. A pilot who can communicate with the control tower and other pilots will have fewer problems flying....
  3. why you should become a pilot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why you should become a pilot?: 1. Communication in EnglishCommunication is possibly the most important part of the flight. If you can't communicate efficiently while flying, you could be in serious trouble. A pilot who can communicate with the control tower and other pilots will have fewer problems flying....
  4. Should you upgrade to Windows 11 for gaming?

in Windows 10 News
    Should you upgrade to Windows 11 for gaming?: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system has been out for almost two weeks at this point. The operating system is available via Windows Update on compatible devices only, but can also be downloaded and installed on devices that do not meet Windows 11's minimal system...
  5. Windows 7, should you upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7, should you upgrade?: On the topic of using a Windows 7 machine and deciding whether or not to upgrade to windows 10, I've come to some conclusions. If you plan on purchasing a new computer that has windows 10 installed to replace your old windows 7 machine that's fine, but if You're using a...
  6. Windows 7, should you upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7, should you upgrade?: On the topic of using a Windows 7 machine and deciding whether or not to upgrade to windows 10, I've come to some conclusions. If you plan on purchasing a new computer that has windows 10 installed to replace your old windows 7 machine that's fine, but if You're using a...
  7. Windows 7, should you upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Why you should NOT use custom themes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why you should NOT use custom themes: So I was trying to make Windows 10 look like Vista fair enough. I found a theme made by some dude on DeviantArt can't remember his name for the life of me who made some cool Vista themes. I tried them but then I realized I didn't patch the UX dlls you see where this is going...
  9. If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.: [ATTACH] Personally, I've had no issues with Windows forcing an update onto me in the past but this is still nice to see. On 1903, it seems like Windows doesn't even download updates during the active hours any more. It shows you which updates are available and waits...
  10. Why should you use Windows 10 with SSD?

in Windows 10 News
    Why should you use Windows 10 with SSD?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When Microsoft rolled out the free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1/8 consumers, many were still using mechanical HDD. This trend continues. While Windows 10 works just fine on those mechanical drives, the performance when used with SSD is [...] This...