Windows 10: Why your Firefox is not using multiple processes

Discus and support Why your Firefox is not using multiple processes in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; With the arrival of Firefox 54 last week, finally the drawn out process of releasing its multiprocess Electrolysis was finished. In its latest... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Borg 386, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Why your Firefox is not using multiple processes

Why your Firefox is not using multiple processes | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Jun 19, 2017
  2. Arul_D Win User

Multiple iexplore.exe processes running

Hello Den,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by Don Varnau replied on May 27, 2014 and check if it helps.

Why do multiple [at least 2] iexplore.exe processes start when opening First IE window?

Why do multiple [at least 2] iexplore.exe processes start when opening First IE window?

Reply us back with results. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 19, 2017
  3. Plugincontainer(32bit) slows down Win 10 , using 95% of CPU

Hello

Do you use Mozilla Firefox perhaps? PluginContainer is their process that runs the Flash Player and so on. Closing Firefox should also close the process.

You should be able to uninstall Vision Control as well. Perhaps look if Firefox is the problem first.

Yuri Pustjens, Jun 19, 2017
  4. Why your Firefox is not using multiple processes

I installed it, see what happens

Josey Wales, Jun 19, 2017
  5. All of the extionsion that I use block multi process so I guess I will not be using it till the dev's that own the extensions fix them. I did report them. What I can't figure out is why Mozilla does not force them to be fixed?

Josey Wales, Jun 19, 2017
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    I reported them also, so hopefully the people that make the programs get into gear & update them. For now I'm letting everything run because I've used some of those for years & not going to shut them down now.

Borg 386, Jun 19, 2017
  7. pyramid10 Win User
    Basically, Mozilla is moving forward towards its grand plan of WebExtension add-on's only. Add-on developers will have to sink or swim.

pyramid10, Jun 19, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Josey, just IMO, but there probably is a minor (?) conflict between technology and marketing. And, the bean counters, of course.........

f14tomcat, Jun 19, 2017
  9. This. In a nutshell if you are using extensions that are not WebExtensions Firefox will run in only one process. Once Firefox 57 hits, and only WebExtensions work then multi-process will be enabled. No old extensions will carry over, so Mozilla along with devs, won't care (and/or don't care now) that any version now to 56 runs in only one process.

Bobby Phoenix, Jun 20, 2017
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    Just to support your statement, if I disable the first one (blurred because we're not supposed to post about them), it does run in multi-process. Enabled, single.

Why your Firefox is not using multiple processes [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why your Firefox is not using multiple processes - Similar Threads - Why Firefox using

2. Multiple Process failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Process failures: Hello...I've got a situation where pretty much everything is crashing as I open it. Some of them are 3rd party CPU Temp, Razer Synapse, but Windows Shell Common Dll crashes when open the sound Sound box, System Protection Settings crashes when I try to access System restore,...
  3. Multiple Process failures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Process failures: Hello...I've got a situation where pretty much everything is crashing as I open it. Some of them are 3rd party CPU Temp, Razer Synapse, but Windows Shell Common Dll crashes when open the sound Sound box, System Protection Settings crashes when I try to access System restore,...
  4. Multiple Process failures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why so many multiple processes in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why so many multiple processes in Windows 10?: Hi,I noticed in the task manager that several processes occure more than one time, and some processes occure multiple times, for example the Chrome, Microsoft Edge and some nVidia processes.Why does this happen and is there anything to do to reduce the number of...
  6. How do I prevent Firefox from opening multiple processes in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I prevent Firefox from opening multiple processes in Windows 10?: About half the time when I use Firefox, it opens multiple processes. These don’t show up on Task Manager; I find out only when trying to open Firefox again, having thought it was shut down. Following posts on the Microsoft boards, I’ve set browser.tabs.remote.autostart to...
  7. Multiple "Setup" Processes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple "Setup" Processes: Hey everyone, Recently I've been experiencing a ton of processes popping up in task manager called "setup/uninstall". I'm not currently installing software or updating anything, and it looks look a CMD window keeps opening for a microsecond and then immediately closes....
  8. Multiple problems with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple problems with Firefox: I've had to change my default browser to MS Edge due to multiple problems. I think one of the major problems is that my cookies are disabled and I can't find a way to enable them. I have instructions that say go to menu bar and click "Preferences". However, when I click the...
  9. Why is IE running? Is it ok to remove if using Firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is IE running? Is it ok to remove if using Firefox?: Recently got an ASUS X540a. That's the first problem. One of the many others is that my system lags out badly and when I look at Task Manager it says that Internet Explorer is running and using 99.1% of Disk. I don't want to browse with IE, already happy using...
  10. Why Multiple explorer.exe processes running?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Multiple explorer.exe processes running?: Win 10 Pro 64bit. From time to time I see 2 or more explorer.exe processes running (viewed via task manager). The owner of them is me. I have no idea when or why they get started. I have been taking note of the PID of the first explorer process after starting my system. Then...