Windows 10: Why is it necessary to provide updates that will frustrate the hell out of us?

Discus and support Why is it necessary to provide updates that will frustrate the hell out of us? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is it necessary to provide updates that will frustrate the hell out of us? I have gone to my settings and changed the icon size and not much has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WendyButt, Sep 14, 2019.

1. WendyButt Win User

Why is it necessary to provide updates that will frustrate the hell out of us?

Why is it necessary to provide updates that will frustrate the hell out of us? I have gone to my settings and changed the icon size and not much has changed. The Firefox and Chrome web pages are huge and I cannot correct. aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

:)

WendyButt, Sep 14, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why is it necessary to provide updates that will frustrate the hell out of us? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 25, 2019
  3. MRCL Win User
    OMG I am back after a day of total frustration

I believe you, it is ideed frustrating. Then again everything that involves calling support is frustrating. Is your problem solved by now or what will be the next steps?

4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Why is it necessary to provide updates that will frustrate the hell out of us? - Similar Threads - Why necessary provide

2. frustrating update of KB5034441

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    frustrating update of KB5034441: Microsoft has released a frustrating update of KB5034441 which can not be installed by a common user in any means. it needs to expand the virtual memory in a very technical and the professional way. can anybody help how to install it in any easy way ? or how to permanently by...
  3. Online resources not providing necessary assistance. Need a human

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online resources not providing necessary assistance. Need a human: I have been trying to get my grandmother logged back into her computer after weeks of her being locked out because she doesn't know her pin. -Her desktop will ONLY accept her Pin-She knows her password-We can log into her microsoft account online-There is NO place to look...
  4. Online resources not providing necessary assistance. Need a human

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online resources not providing necessary assistance. Need a human: I have been trying to get my grandmother logged back into her computer after weeks of her being locked out because she doesn't know her pin. -Her desktop will ONLY accept her Pin-She knows her password-We can log into her microsoft account online-There is NO place to look...
  5. Online resources not providing necessary assistance. Need a human

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Last update locked us out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last update locked us out: Last update locked us out of Win 10 and apparently our account. Got Tech Support on the phone and we tried a Safe Mode which didn't work. After a good hour they said sorry apparently we corrupted your computer, your choices are buy a new computer or see if someone can repair...
  7. KB4559309 Microsoft Edge Update - Why is it necessary?

KB4559309 Microsoft Edge Update - Why is it necessary?: This update was recently installed on my laptop a 2009 Samsung NP-R720-PS01UK which has been running extremely well since I installed an SSD and reformatted Windows 10. After the update I began suffering graphical corruption in Windows and an occasional Blue Screen Of...
  8. When is it necessary to update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When is it necessary to update?: Hello, everybody, I have windows 10 Pro version 1903 and mainly use the computer for photo editing, video editing and gaming. Usually my policy regarding updates is to install them when the system requires them in a recommended or mandatory way. Or when an update does not...
  9. Problems with the New Windows 10 Update...Why was it Necessary?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with the New Windows 10 Update...Why was it Necessary?: Every since the new, required update occurred this month, my audio has gone awry. First, it deleted some of my profiles and my plug-and-play speakers no longer work. It defaulted to a "PlayOn Virtual Audio Device" which actually has no audio. I was able to get by with my...
  10. Update hell.

Update hell.: My machine went down and has put me in limbo after this latest update. It will not let me get back on. The best I can do is get to Command Prompt. Every thing else is an exercise in futility. What can I do to get back into my machine?...