Windows 10: Why is my computer is running so S-L-O-W?

Discus and support Why is my computer is running so S-L-O-W? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of a sudden, my computer is running so S-L-O-W? For example . . . In my Yahoo Mail, most messages won't open at all. And in my Movies, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Why is my computer is running so S-L-O-W?

All of a sudden, my computer is running so S-L-O-W? For example . . . In my Yahoo Mail, most messages won't open at all.

And in my Movies, nothing will start? I did check my WiFi strength, and that's OK. Local stuff, like pictures are fine.

But, if I have to go to the internet, no go . . . HELP

I can't figure it out . . . Thanks for reading . . . Jerry

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Nov 12, 2019

2. Dell (Inspiron-3137) Netbook, running "s-l-o-w"

I have a Dell Inspiron-3137 Netbook with Windows 10, that is running awful "s-l-o-w" lately. How can I speed it up? It came with Windows XP on the HD, so if I do a recovery / restore, it will revert back to that operating system & I'll loose Windows
    10. Any advice?

Robert Pallante, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Newly installed Windows 10 is S O S L O W !!!!

Hi Doster,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Run Maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computers, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Why is my computer is running so S-L-O-W?

S L O W

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

Does your computer boot to the desktop?

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

Run system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "System Maintenance".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2

Perform clean boot and check if it helps.

Refer this article: How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

Clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program.

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Sudharshan M K, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Why is my computer is running so S-L-O-W?

1. Why is my computer is running so S-L-O-W? - Similar Threads - Why computer running

2. WINDOWS 11 Keyboard Typing Noise S O L U T I O N

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 Keyboard Typing Noise S O L U T I O N: Control Panel>Ease of access>Filter Keys>Down at the bottom, Other Settings>Beep when keys are pressed or accepted>Uncheck box, click apply!I just figured this out after farting around in my computer settings and god, allmighty, I am so relieved. I hope this helps or finds...
  3. WINDOWS 11 Keyboard Typing Noise S O L U T I O N

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 11 Keyboard Typing Noise S O L U T I O N: Control Panel>Ease of access>Filter Keys>Down at the bottom, Other Settings>Beep when keys are pressed or accepted>Uncheck box, click apply!I just figured this out after farting around in my computer settings and god, allmighty, I am so relieved. I hope this helps or finds...
  4. Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...: I use my Windows 7 computer whenever possible, ie, not at work.To wait 15 minutes for the Windows 7 disk to grind thru files whenever I power on or wake from sleep is ridiculous.Looking at Linux and Mac....
  5. windows 10 microsoft mail s-l-o-w to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 microsoft mail s-l-o-w to load: been going on for about a month now when click on my inbox, sent box or whatever it says "nothing has arrived yet." This is the mail and calendar version with outlook that came with my Dell Computer, I have another email address syncing in this program also. Takes a...
  6. S-L-O-W System Faltering Fast :O(

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    S-L-O-W System Faltering Fast :O(: Trying to debug my workstation issues at work and really needing some help. Really s-l-o-w working with Autodesk inventor 2020 working with files on our server but some localized issues, too, that I'm thinking may be affecting that. With Inventor files that used to take a...
  7. About slow PC which runs W I N D O W S 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About slow PC which runs W I N D O W S 10: To: Microsoft Developers From: Win 10 Pro Hello MS Developers. My PC which runs Windows 10 is being slow and bad so I am super struggling to do all my work on it. For example when I play GTA 5 it runs really slowly so could you help me to fix this issue ?...
  8. why is my brother¨s computer so unstable running win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why is my brother¨s computer so unstable running win10?: my brother¨s computer is a mid-low range computer but still very competent (4gb ram, Intel i3 8th gen) its not a beast but it should work. but it is so unbearably slow and its brand new (its like 3 weeks old) and it already runs like a 4 year old laptop that hasnt been...
  9. Edge running W/o being started when firefox running

in Browsers and Email
    Edge running W/o being started when firefox running: I have noticed Edge runs whenever I start firefox. I first noticed this when running CCleaner. I can see Edge shutting down as CCleaner finishes. I am wondering if Edge is somehow watching and reporting what I do on Firefox. 114690
  10. Real S L O W web page loading

in Browsers and Email
    Real S L O W web page loading: Good Morning Dudes and Dudettes, Recently I am experiencing extremely slow web page loading. It is slow on all three browsers I use (Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firebox) and it can be as slow as 90 seconds to load a page from go. A friend recommended I use CC Cleaner but it...