Windows 10: Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.

Discus and support Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Wi-Fi adapter kept disabling itself and now I can't enable it again, for the past few month or more when my internet connect fails I kept disabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cory ponyeim, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.

My Wi-Fi adapter kept disabling itself and now I can't enable it again, for the past few month or more when my internet connect fails I kept disabling and enabling it and now it's disabling itself.

I've tried to troubleshoot it myself but all I can come up with is to restart the modem which I'm not allowed cause I'm 13.

:)

cory ponyeim, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Norton Win User

USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Jul 20, 2018
  3. JonathanC Win User
    USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

I have tried reinstalling windows, no help at all and it didn't do this on windows 7.

I'm not sure if its on the compatibility list or not, i will have to check.

I'm not sure what that is, I will look in to it though. As for the AMD USB filter driver. I assume anything is possible.

JonathanC, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.

Wi-Fi virtual adapter

I am unable to create a wi-fi hotspot on my laptop (HP pavillion ab-032tx model) after upgrading to windows 10. I cannot find Microsoft WI-Fi direct Virtual adapter in the listed adapters (control pannel->network sharing center) . However Microsoft Wi-Fi
    direct Virtual adapter and Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter #2 are listed in hidden drivers (device manager-> view tab, faded icons). Upon checking for hardware changes, there are no unkown devices being shown. Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter
    #3 is also found in the view tab , but its icon is not faded. All my drivers are updated. Still i am unable to create a hotspot. Pl help me with the same.

Revati Joshi, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.

1. Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself. - Similar Threads - Adapter keeps disabling

2. Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting: My laptop's Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapters #1 and #2 keep disconnecting at irregular frequency. I get "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer.", but after a restart or two, it works as it should....
  3. Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting: My laptop's Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapters #1 and #2 keep disconnecting at irregular frequency. I get "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer.", but after a restart or two, it works as it should....
  4. Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Adapter: My laptop will no longer connect to the Wi-Fi. The network adapter says it is enabled but is not connected. I have tried device manager to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter. However that does not work. My question is how do I get it connected even though it says...
  5. Wi-fi keeps turning off and on by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi keeps turning off and on by itself: my laptops internet keeps turning off and on by itself, i checked to see if it maybe was the internet itself but other devices can connect to the internet without any problems except my laptop, i’ve tried flushing the dns and all other possible ways to fix this from what ive...
  6. Wi-Fi adapter keeps on resetting

Wi-Fi adapter keeps on resetting: My wifi connection suddenly gets lost after about 30 minutes. Then I run the troubleshooter and it fixes it. Sometimes, however, the whole computer freezes and I have to brute force its shut down....
  7. Wi-Fi adapter

Wi-Fi adapter: My comuter says it has a Wi-Fi adapter but I can't get Wi-Fi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-adapter/b9617a96-78c2-46d9-874b-409565f9036c
  8. USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter: Standard hook up is wirelessly connect to an Epson vs230 Projector and then use usb tethering with an Android Phone for internet access. My wife is a teacher and has been using this setup for the last year and a half in her classroom. Coincidence or not, I did just install...
  9. Wi-Fi keeps persistently turning itself on, can't be disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi keeps persistently turning itself on, can't be disabled: Hello, I have a problem quite the contrary of what people often have. Several days ago I contracted a BV:Miner-T [Trj] virus on my laptop (Asus A456Ur, if needed), which was successfully purged out of the system. However, since the time of infection I've lost control of...
  10. No Wi-Fi Adapter

No Wi-Fi Adapter: There is no Wi-Fi option/icon, nor Airplane mode. No Wi-Fi Adapter in Device Manager. My Windows is up to date, and so is all my Drivers. I've run the Network Troubleshooter multiple times. I've tried setting up a new network. I've reset the Network Adapters, reset my router,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi adapter keeps disabling

2. wifi keeps disabling itself windows 10

3. windows 10 wifi disables itself

4. 4G driver keeps disabling,
  5. wifi adapter keeps disabling windows 10,
  6. windows 10 wifi adapter keeps disabling,
  7. usb wifi dongle keeps disabling itself,
  8. wifi keeps disabling