Windows 10: Wi-Fi Adapter not visible in Network Connections

Discus and support Wi-Fi Adapter not visible in Network Connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've encountered a problem with my Wireless connection as I think the driver got corrupted when Windows 10's auto update tried updating it but failed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Xian, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Xian Win User

Wi-Fi Adapter not visible in Network Connections

I've encountered a problem with my Wireless connection as I think the driver got corrupted when Windows 10's auto update tried updating it but failed. The result was me being unable to "Enable" the adapter in Network and Sharing Centre/Network Adapters. It kept on saying Enabling>Enabled but remained disabled. I've tried installing Wireless drivers for my adapter but it didn't change a thing. So I thought maybe I could uninstall the device and reinstall instead of installing over it. Right now it is installed as my Device Manager states but it's not showing under Network Adapters.

Code: Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc. driver update for Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter Failed to install on 23-09-15[/quote] Am I supposed to configure something with the driver for it to appear under Network Adapters or install something else?

My wifi adapter is a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG

:)

2. Windows 10 Network Discovery

I have installed all the drivers for my Surface Pro 3 (msi files) and installed them, but they aren't showing up in the device manager and nothing has changed in regards to Wi-Fi connections becoming visible. There still is NO wi-fi tab in settings or a
    Wi-Fi network adapter available.

Is there something I'm supposed to do after I've installed these drivers to get them to actually work?

Thanks!

CDioxide24, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Mr_Louie Win User
    Double Wifi Adapter Issue on Notification Bar - Windows 10

Hello there,

I have 2 Wifi Adapters on my laptop - the built-in one (shown as "Wi-Fi" by Windows) and a external higher range USB one (shown as Wi-Fi 2). Both adapters are working and able to connect to the several Wifi networks that I have at my disposal.

The problem is that, on the notification bar, I can only see the built-in adapter and, consequently, only the networks in the range of that adapter are shown. The "Wi-Fi 2" adapter is only displayed on the "Network Settings" window and I can only connect/disconnect
    to/from networks visible by this adapter by going there.

If I turn off the built-in adapter, while having the external adapter enabled (common setup for me), then the Wi-Fi button on the notification bar doesn't show any available network listing at all, even though the networks are in range. Please see screen
    capture below: Wi-Fi 2 adapter is enabled with networks in range, but notification button doesn't list them, even-though it shows that networks are available

Wi-Fi Adapter not visible in Network Connections [​IMG]

On Windows 8.1, clicking on the Wifi button in the notification area, would show both adapters and give me the chance to turn either of them off or see the networks in range of any of the two adapters directly. Now it only displays that info for the built-in
    adaptor if it's ON, otherwise it won't show anything at all, even if the external adapter is ON and seeing networks.

Is there anything I can do to have Windows 8.1 behavior back?

Thanks,

Louie.

Mr_Louie, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Xian Win User

I have fixed this by doing a restore from the System Restore Point that was made before Windows updated automatically. Though I would still like to know if it could be fixed without using a restore point.

Thema:

1. Wi-Fi Adapter not visible in Network Connections - Similar Threads - Adapter visible Network

2. No Wi-Fi networks are visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Wi-Fi networks are visible: My laptop was working fine yesterday but this morning is not showing an option to choose a Wi-Fi network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wi-fi-networks-are-visible/a3cf33e1-ef49-40e8-b748-33d683c4e572
  3. No Wi-Fi networks are visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Wi-Fi networks are visible: My laptop was working fine yesterday but this morning is not showing an option to choose a Wi-Fi network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wi-fi-networks-are-visible/a3cf33e1-ef49-40e8-b748-33d683c4e572
  4. Wi-Fi Adapter

Wi-Fi Adapter: My laptop will no longer connect to the Wi-Fi. The network adapter says it is enabled but is not connected. I have tried device manager to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter. However that does not work. My question is how do I get it connected even though it says...
  5. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  6. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  7. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  8. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  9. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

10. No Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Wi-Fi Adapter: There is no Wi-Fi option/icon, nor Airplane mode. No Wi-Fi Adapter in Device Manager. My Windows is up to date, and so is all my Drivers. I've run the Network Troubleshooter multiple times. I've tried setting up a new network. I've reset the Network Adapters, reset my router,...