Windows 10: Wi-Fi and audio drivers keep breaking, a new computer.

Discus and support Wi-Fi and audio drivers keep breaking, a new computer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have just (well 4 weeks ago) bought a DELL XPS8700. New (from a 3rd party distributor). It came with Windows 10. Now right after I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by morzh, Nov 13, 2015.

1. morzh Win User

Wi-Fi and audio drivers keep breaking, a new computer.

Hi!

I have just (well 4 weeks ago) bought a DELL XPS8700. New (from a 3rd party distributor).
    It came with Windows 10.

Now right after I went through startup config routine, I went on-line to download Firefox (from Mozilla website, not some 3rd party, so....).
    At which point my internet access stopped.
    Long story short I saw my WiFi symbol acquiring a red X.
    None of my networks (I have three) were seen.
    In Network center it said my WiFi adapter was off. Upon saying "Turn on" it would fail.

Reboots did not help.

I called DELL support and after making me go through BIOS tests etc they said my driver was probably bad. So we downloaded and re-installed WiFi driver.
    After this it worked again.

At that point I let the support guy go only to discover I got no sound (via built-in speakers in my DELL HDMI monitor). The speaker symbol also had a red X. I theorized that was also a driver problem, re-installed the driver and the speaker then also worked.
    Now that was 4 weeks ago.

Yesterday during attempted access to my other computer's shared folder the WiFi scenario repeated itself. Reboots did not help. Re-installation of the driver did.

Oh...and when I asked DELL why they said "well, 10 is still being debugged".
    So....is this problem unique to me or do other people see it too?

Best,

Mike.

:)

morzh, Nov 13, 2015
  2. ResnickRE Win User

The wireless driver (802.11 bgn) of my computer keeps breaking

The driver Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter keeps breaking after a couple of minutes of use of my computer. The driver will NOT start up again unless I reboot my computer, after which the driver crashes again and won't restart unless I restart
    my whole computer. How do I correct this problem?

ResnickRE, Nov 13, 2015
  3. ResnickRE Win User
    The wireless driver (802.11 bgn) of my computer keeps breaking

The driver Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter keeps breaking after a couple of minutes of use of my computer. The driver will NOT start up again unless I reboot my computer, after which the driver crashes again and won't restart unless I restart
    my whole computer. How do I correct this problem?

ResnickRE, Nov 13, 2015
Thema:

Wi-Fi and audio drivers keep breaking, a new computer.

1. Wi-Fi and audio drivers keep breaking, a new computer. - Similar Threads - audio drivers keep

2. Wi-Fi keeps breaking.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi keeps breaking.: My Wi-Fi on my computer has been really unstable recently and has been connecting for a few minutes and then the Wi-Fi drops to where it cannot connect to the internet anymore before then reconnecting and doing the same thing again. This has been happening for 2 years now...
  3. Wi-Fi keeps breaking.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi keeps breaking.: My Wi-Fi on my computer has been really unstable recently and has been connecting for a few minutes and then the Wi-Fi drops to where it cannot connect to the internet anymore before then reconnecting and doing the same thing again. This has been happening for 2 years now...
  4. Wi-Fi keeps breaking.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. KB4560960 Breaks Wi-Fi to printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KB4560960 Breaks Wi-Fi to printer: I have a Brother MFC-6490CW printer and KB4560960 messed up my ability to configure it for custom size printing. 158208
  6. Computer keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi: So hey guys, after I updated my PC to Win 10, I am getting randomly disconnected from the Wi-Fi. Sometimes it says I can't connect to Wi-Fi, other time it claims there are no Wi-Fi around (I live in a Block of Flats, so yea, bullshit, there are like 30 different Wi-Fi). To...
  7. wi fi driver

wi fi driver: I just got a new pc and it doesn't have wireless wifi only ethernal. Does anyone knows a driver witch i can install? I really need one because it is very hard to stay next to my router....
  8. Laptop keeps deleting wi-fi drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keeps deleting wi-fi drivers: I have a new Lenovo machine V110-15ISK - Type 80TL with a persisting problem: when I shut down the device, wi-fi drivers get deleted. I’ve already addressed Lenovo with this problem, they replaced a hard drive (I had a problem with it too) and tried to install the wi-fi...
  9. Wi-Fi Driver

Wi-Fi Driver: Help I have a dell inspiron 3558 running windows 10. Been having issue with my wifi connects then disconnects. There is a driver update on the dell site. It downloads but will not install after 10 minutes it is still hanging at 1% ?? Anything that this computer illiterate...
  10. Wi-Fi keeps breaking.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi keeps breaking.: I've had this problem for about a month, and every time I fix it in a new way, it keeps coming back a few days later. I've restarted my modem, restarted my computer and updated my drivers. Sometimes one of these ways fixes the problem, sometimes it doesn't. And when it does...