Windows 10: Wi-fi, audio, USB not working on Asus X202E

Discus and support Wi-fi, audio, USB not working on Asus X202E in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, it's my first time posting here but I've read and learned a lot from this forum, so thank you all very much in advance! I'm trying to repair a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tomaz Lemos, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Wi-fi, audio, USB not working on Asus X202E

Hi, it's my first time posting here but I've read and learned a lot from this forum, so thank you all very much in advance!

I'm trying to repair a friend's Asus X202E notebook. It worked normally until it got stuck in the blue screen during startup, and wouldn't complete booting. Someone formated the HDD (including the recovery partition) and installed W8.1, which worked but with no sound or internet (wireless or cable). The device manager doesn't show these devices at all. One USB port doesn't work either.

I first thought it was a driver issue, but couldn't make it work. After many attempts I decided to try a W10 clean install, which is installed now, but the symptoms remain the same. I can access the internet through a USB wifi dongle.

I've tried:

- Using Windows troubleshooter;
    - Downloading and installing many drivers from the Asus site, for many components (besides audio and internet cards);
    - Downloading a X202E drivers compendium some good soul posted here in this forum;
    - Using DriverEasy;
    - Installing the audio card as legacy in device manager;
    - Reseatting wi-fi card;
    - Checking the logic board for damage (not good at this, but it looked alright);
    - (Going to update as I remember more steps I tried)

I'd really appreciate your assistance in this matter, thank you all!

:)

Tomaz Lemos, Sep 26, 2016
  2. PavelJa Win User

Can't Connect to this network and Windows 10 drops Wifi connection.

Hi Ritesh Gite,

does your router supports 802.11n standard?

My friend have Win10 incompatibile laptop (Asus X202E) with automatically loaded
    Wi-Fi adapter drivers from Windows Update. Connection works with Mikrotik 951g-2hnd (802.11 b/g/n). But is not working with D-Link DI-524 (802.11
    b/g)!

Thanks for info

PJ

PavelJa, Sep 26, 2016
  3. Shnurui Win User
    Black Screen After Update

This issue was caused by a bad driver from my Asus 811n Wi-Fi card.

DO NOT INSTALL THE ASUS DRIVER AT ANY COST.

Now find a usb 3 driver that WORKS with Windows 10.

Seriously? Usb 3.0 didn't even exist before now.

Shnurui, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Wi-fi, audio, USB not working on Asus X202E

The full model of the notebook is Asus S200E - ct252h - X202E

It had a persistent blue screen during boot which desapeared after a fresh install. After that, no wi-fi, no ethernet, no audio, no USB 3.0, on both W8.1 and W10.

I have tested: ASUS driver update, Intel driver update, DriverEasy, many original X202E ASUS drivers. Neither Audio or Network devices appear on device manager.

Can it still be a driver issue? Would it be a device by device driver solution, or could there be a chipset driver that would "unlock" the devices?

If not a driver issue, what else could it be?

5. spunk Win User
    Go up to the tool bar in Device Manager and choose View/Show Hidden Devices
    Please attach a screenshot of Device Manager.
    Especially under Network Adapters, Universal Serial Bus Controllers, and Sound, Video and Game Controllers showing.
    If any of these devices have yellow flags, Go to the Asus drivers site ASUS Global
    the Chipset, LAN, Wireless and any other drivers you need from the Device Manager
    If that still doesn't work, try updating the Bios, using the Bios Utility

spunk, Sep 26, 2016
  6. Thank you very much for your reply!

No yellow flags in the device manager, as the screenshots show. The screenshots are in portuguese, sorry about that, feel free to ask me if you need anything to be translated.

Wi-fi, audio, USB not working on Asus X202E [​IMG]

Bios already updated to latest version, 210.

7. The USB Controllers section is displayed twice due to poor screenshot abilities on my part.

I´ve disabled USB shutdown in the energy sections of the USB drivers, and the USB 3.0 Host driver is up to date. The Realtek Wireless Adapter USB 2.0 is the Wifi dongle I´m using.

8. Wi-fi, audio, USB not working on Asus X202E

Another screenshot of the System Devices section of the device manager. Again it´s in portuguese, I can translate whateaver is needed.

I´m still wondering if this is something related to a chipset driver... There is a Legacy Device (Dispositivo herdado) which I found out to be nothing of concern, checking the device ID: INT0800, as by this thread: G75VW Windows 10 Legacy Device?

9. Well, I finally gave up, going to assume the logic board is toasted and buy some USB dongles for the missing functions, as my friend can´t afford a new logic board.

Thank you all for the assistance!

Tomaz Lemos, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wi-fi, audio, USB not working on Asus X202E

1. Wi-fi, audio, USB not working on Asus X202E - Similar Threads - audio USB working

2. My ASUS laptop's Wi-Fi and battery is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ASUS laptop's Wi-Fi and battery is not working: I own a VivoBook ASUS Laptop E410MA which immediately shuts down once I unplug it, and when it's turned off and unplugged actually looses some battery. Besides that, the Wi-Fi is constantly not working and I have to restart either the adaptator or the computer altogether.What...
  3. My ASUS laptop's Wi-Fi and battery is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ASUS laptop's Wi-Fi and battery is not working: I own a VivoBook ASUS Laptop E410MA which immediately shuts down once I unplug it, and when it's turned off and unplugged actually looses some battery. Besides that, the Wi-Fi is constantly not working and I have to restart either the adaptator or the computer altogether.What...
  4. Asus N13 Wi-Fi USB adapter disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus N13 Wi-Fi USB adapter disconnecting: Hello. I am using Asus N13 USB Wi-Fi adapter and it often disconnects , sometimes it won't show any Wi-Fi available either. The things I tried are:1 Unchecking "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for the specific port this device is plugged in For USB...
  5. Asus N13 Wi-Fi USB adapter disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus N13 Wi-Fi USB adapter disconnecting: Hello. I am using Asus N13 USB Wi-Fi adapter and it often disconnects , sometimes it won't show any Wi-Fi available either. The things I tried are:1 Unchecking "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for the specific port this device is plugged in For USB...
  6. Wi-Fi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi not working: I need help. I did windows recovery last week on my laptop because I was having boot problems and blue screen issues. I was able to get my laptop working and set up, but my Wi-Fi is not working, when I first turn on my laptop it’ll work but as soon as I try to get on chrome...
  7. Wi-Fi is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi is not working: I have the following problem, wi-fi isworking well but after a whilethe pop-up says "No internet connection". I disconnect wi-fithen connect it again and it starts working, butthe issue reoccurs again. I have to keep switching off and on wi-fi to make it work. It is really...
  8. ASUS loosing wi-fi signal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ASUS loosing wi-fi signal: two years ago i bought an ASUS X541U; after a couple of weeks it started to loose the wifi signal, so i took it back and they replace it with another one (same model).. Same issue started after 3-4 weeks; i tried to contact ASUS and they gave me few options to try like to do...
  9. ASUS VivoBook X202E Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS VivoBook X202E Drivers: This actually isn't directly Windows 10 related since it also affected Windows 8 and 8.1. A couple years back I swapped out the mechanical drive in this notebook for an SSD. Device Manager shows a lot of unknown devices that have no drivers, even after I installed as many...
  10. Usb Wi-Fi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Wi-Fi adapter not working: I've recently bought a nano usb wi-fi adapter and on it's packaging it says it's only compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7. Indeed its drivers don't work on Windows 10 9879, the device is recognized but it doesn't work. Is there a way around this? Any help will be greatly...