Windows 10: Wi-Fi Button suddenly disabled.

Discus and support Wi-Fi Button suddenly disabled. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I upgraded to windows 10 a few months ago and everything was running smoothly. Then literally over night the wi-fi button has become permanently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JSleek, Apr 10, 2016.

1. JSleek Win User

Wi-Fi Button suddenly disabled.

So I upgraded to windows 10 a few months ago and everything was running smoothly. Then literally over night the wi-fi button has become permanently disabled. If i try to click on it, nothing happens. If I try to flick the Wi-Fi switch in the settings, it goes straight to off and never turns on.

I have tried updating my network adapter drivers, troubleshooting the connect (just says "wi-fi is disabled, please enable it" without giving a fix to the solution, and reinstalling windows 10. Nothing has seemed to work, and I am still stuck without Wi-Fi.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could try or how I could fix it?

Will answer all of your questions,

Cheers.

:)

JSleek, Apr 10, 2016
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

Google maps stopped working, & won't re-install

Does ?

Make sure not to disable Wi-Fi. If you disable Wi-Fi via the notification bar, Google Maps opens for a seconds and closes rigth away again. Google Maps uses the Wi-Fi API for detecting your location faster. Obviously, Google does not expect the Wi-Fi to
    be turned off.

Abi99 (2), Apr 10, 2016
  3. Windows Connection Manager Service

I disabled/enabled Wi-Fi network adapter a few times and and suddenly Windows Connection manager restored yesterday.

I don't see any updates excepts Windows Defender.

Eugene Nedz, Apr 10, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

My Notebooks with Win10 have to have Airplane Mode turned off before I can get Wi-Fi and Bluetooth working.

Berton, Apr 10, 2016
  5. JSleek Win User
    Airplane mode is definitely turned off, I can assure you *Smile

JSleek, Apr 10, 2016
  6. JSleek Win User
    I found the fix.

The fix involved resetting the BIOS to factory default. Because I didn't know the password to access my BIOS, I had to contact HP support and get them to send me a .bin file to reset it.

I have no idea why the wifi was disabled in BIOS, because I didn't change anything before the wifi got disabled, but this sorted it out.

Try resetting the BIOS first!

JSleek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi Button suddenly disabled. - Similar Threads - Button suddenly disabled

2. Wi-Fi button disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi button disappeared: I cannot see any button for it, then I have gone to the settings, and even in the settings, the Wi-Fi option cannot be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-button-disappeared/7b8578d8-d8f9-4494-a06b-2aef0ca65953
  3. Wi-Fi button disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi button disappeared: I cannot see any button for it, then I have gone to the settings, and even in the settings, the Wi-Fi option cannot be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-button-disappeared/7b8578d8-d8f9-4494-a06b-2aef0ca65953
  4. Wi-Fi button disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WI-FI option disappeared Suddenly!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WI-FI option disappeared Suddenly!: WI-FI disappeared in my Asus Tuf laptop windows 10. I did a clean installation few days back. But after that wifi was just fine. This happened suddenly. Now there is a yellow mark on WIRELESS DRIVER inside network adapters. pls check the photoHere's what I already did1...
  6. Wi-Fi disabling randomly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi disabling randomly.: Hi. So I have been playing an online game for 2 months now. Last week, I got disconnected and I thought our Wi-Fi turned off. The Wi-Fi was working properly but when I try to connect, it says "Can't connect to this network". 1 minute after that, the Wi-Fi and drivers...
  7. problem in Wi-Fi stop suddenly

problem in Wi-Fi stop suddenly: This problem I suffer from a period of time and I do not know how to explain it . I use Wi-Fi in a normal way and suddenly the Wi-Fi stops and icon turns into a computer with a red X sign and when I go to the adapter I find it has been disabled and I can not start it so I...
  8. WI FI button not exist

WI FI button not exist: after I disconnect my computer from my iPhone hotspot and the wi fi button and the wi fi option on device manager disappeared! now I'm connected from cable to my iPhone...
  9. Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available

Suddenly no Wi-Fi connection is available: I have an brand new Lenovo Yoga 920. Picked it up yesterday and it was working perfectly except after a restart this afternoon where it shows "Not connected - No connections are available." When I go to Network and Internet settings, there is no Wi-Fi option to the left under...
  10. Wi-FI; Disable; Disconnect

Wi-FI; Disable; Disconnect: In Settings, Network and Internet are the options to disconnect or disable Wi-Fi. Please, what is the difference between the two? I am asking this because my connection has become very flaky over the last month. This taken from the Event Log of a monitoring app, mainly...