Windows 10: Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues

Discus and support Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title of the post says, my laptop's Wi-Fi will not turn on. When I hovered over the Wi-Fi button in the corner it said that it was connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SidearmSinker49, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues

As the title of the post says, my laptop's Wi-Fi will not turn on. When I hovered over the Wi-Fi button in the corner it said that it was connected to the network but had no internet access, which was a little strange. My dad's tablet is on the same network and his is working just fine (I'm using his tablet to type this post). So I tried to reboot my laptop to see if the "try turning it off an on again" adage would work, and after rebooting the computer, now the Wi-Fi won't turn on at all. Not in the sense that it won't connect to the network, but in the sense that the slider to actually turn on Wi-Fi does not work. I tried to do a system restore on the laptop, but now it seems like I completely lost Wi-Fi capability! Not only that but now there are a slew of other problems. The Wi-Fi slider is gone, the start menu won't open, and worst of all, my computer doesn't think I'm an administrator anymore. I'm completely distressed because my homework and my music is on that computer and I'm at my wit's end.

:)

SidearmSinker49, Nov 7, 2016

2. Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues

Solved:

deleted all Bluetooth connections and re-paired them.

Problem solved.

JPB

Bottazzoli---01, Nov 7, 2016
  3. Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues

More about, just turn off Bluetooth then WiFi connects immediately. After connected you may turn on Bluetooth again.

JPB

Bottazzoli---01, Nov 7, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues

What does it show when you open a Command Window and run ipconfig /show Along with netsh wlan show all? Also make sure that the adapter is set for Private not Public. If you have any third party security software installed, make sure that it trusts that adapter.

bro67, Nov 7, 2016
  5. When I run ipconfig it gives me:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
    Media state : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS suffix :

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection :

My dad suggested to try and download the ethernet driver onto a USB stick and then plug that into my computer and install it that way. Problem is, since the computer no longer thinks I'm an administrator, I can't access the Device Manager to try and install it.

At this point, it seems like my computer is irrecoverable and I'm thinking that resetting this thing and reinstalling Windows is the only solution...unless I'm jumping to conclusions.

SidearmSinker49, Nov 7, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    The information that I posted was for you to know how to figure out what is going on, not to have you post a portion that will not help you out. If you are having wifi issues with the laptop not showing the wifi adapter enabled, you need to find out if the proper services are running, if the adapter is enabled in Device Manager first. If it is enabled, then you need to use the information I posted to start troubleshooting what is going on and using that info to determine why there is a problem.

bro67, Nov 7, 2016
  7. Well the problem is since my computer doesn't recognize me as an administrator, I can't access the device manager at all to see if the adapter is enabled.

SidearmSinker49, Nov 8, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

That is a completely different topic. You need to now do a repair in place, in order to get access to the machine back. What ever you were changing, it caused issues.

Even if you can get it to go into a Repair mode, it still will not let you get back your account if you try a System Restore point.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues - Similar Threads - Connectivity Issues

2. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...
  3. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...
  4. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues: for some reason my laptop constantly just randomly stop wanting to connect to the wifi to the point where the option to access the wifi completely goes M.I.A sometimes it fixes itself and other times I’ll have to do 80 back flips and restarts or shut it down and hope it works...
  6. Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues

Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues: for some reason my laptop constantly just randomly stop wanting to connect to the wifi to the point where the option to access the wifi completely goes M.I.A sometimes it fixes itself and other times I’ll have to do 80 back flips and restarts or shut it down and hope it works...
  7. Why does my laptop constantly have connection issues

8. Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue: Hello everyone,I have a Asus ROG Strix G513 2022 AMD R7 4800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050It has an issue on auto change of refresh rate whenever i plug the laptop with a power adapter. The laptop monitor screen will become black out, and I somehow cannot disable the function of...
  9. Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue

Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue: Hello everyone,I have a Asus ROG Strix G513 2022 AMD R7 4800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050It has an issue on auto change of refresh rate whenever i plug the laptop with a power adapter. The laptop monitor screen will become black out, and I somehow cannot disable the function of...
  10. Network Connection Issues

Network Connection Issues: This is the first time I've ever come across this issue:I cannot connect to any of my wifi networks on my laptop. The "available" networks aren't even found in my area, they don't show up on my PC, phone, tablet, or my husband's devices. It's only on my gaming laptop which...